Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Oh, just letting everyone know. Leveled mining and herbalism to 700. Professions perks are supposed to have been taken away but...

Don't think Lifeblood was supposed to have been taken away, at least not the healing component of that ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    The question if they removed the perks, I assume it means like +crit from Skinning and the cheap leg enchant for Leatherworking that is stronger than regular kits. Do Leatherworker still get cheap leg enchants just the same version as the kit now, or are all kits removed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The question if they removed the perks, I assume it means like +crit from Skinning and the cheap leg enchant for Leatherworking that is stronger than regular kits. Do Leatherworker still get cheap leg enchants just the same version as the kit now, or are all kits removed?
    So theoretically any combat bonus that you get solely from having profession X is being removed. Sockets for BS, JC-only gems, enchanted-only enchants, tailor-only enchants, etc.

Thus the LW only enchant are gone (fur linings for bracers I think). There has not been any datamined information yet on the leg enchants from LW.

However, it does seem that enchants (in general) are being extended to all regardless if they have the profession or not. So enchanters can enchant weapons, rings, cloaks, and neckpieces for all. And Engineers are able to offer tinkers (i.e. gliding cloak, rocket boots) to all as well.

Basically leveling the playing field so that raiders don't feel that they have to min/max professions.

Theoretically, you could go professionless in WoD if you wanted to without suffering (except in gold maybe).

I think this is a great change as well. Being forced to use professions that have no benefit to the character besides the profession perks is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Po0fs View Post
    I think this is a great change as well. Being forced to use professions that have no benefit to the character besides the profession perks is no fun.
    Agreed. I want them to bring back the really rare crafting materials!
    Something fun to do with the professions I worked hard for would be a great bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Po0fs View Post
    As an Auction House goblin, I look forward to increasing my prices and margin on my way to gold capping due to significantly less competition at max professions. And I thank you for your patronage

Am I the only one who was Engineer because it's useful, not because of damage? Nitro boosts, the glider, I really like that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Am I the only one who was Engineer because it's useful, not because of damage? Nitro boosts, the glider, I really like that stuff.
    /wave

/10chars

You seem to have missed the bit where nitro boosts is much less useful, and for many glider is irrelevant in light of the millions of coins they have (a minor convenience of not having to pick up new glider every X uses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well here's the problem, those utility items can be sometimes useful in a raid setting. Therefore if no professions offer "combat" perks then utility perks now become "combat" perks.

Fortunately, I believe that Blizzard is fixing this by allowing engineering tinkers to be available to non-engineering classes. Additionally, some engineering only gadgets are being updated for non-engineers to use as well.

For instance, Findle's Loot-A-Rang works just like the Loot-A-Rang except anyone can use the former. Or Gumm-E which is like a Moll-E (mailboxes to use).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Well here's the problem, those utility items can be sometimes useful in a raid setting. Therefore if no professions offer "combat" perks then utility perks now become "combat" perks.

Fortunately, I believe that Blizzard is fixing this by allowing engineering tinkers to be available to non-engineering classes. Additionally, some engineering only gadgets are being updated for non-engineers to use as well.

For instance, Findle's Loot-A-Rang works just like the Loot-A-Rang except anyone can use the former. Or Gumm-E which is like a Moll-E (mailboxes to use).
    Which unless they are consumables will mean alchemy will rule once again
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Could anyone in Beta tell us if the Tailoring and LW leg threads still exist and if tailors/LWs still get the cheap versions? I've held on to Tailoring on my shaman because cloak enchants + cheap spellthreads were pretty awesome for Resto with Ele questing spec, but without these perks, I don't see much reason to keep it.

/wave.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    With my powers of prediction, I foresee:

1) Gimmicky mount that takes several days and tens of thousands of gold to craft and has a very slim profit margin, with a large chunk of the mat costs horked over to alchemists for some material only they can make
    2) A pet, which will sell for 100-200 gold tops, but serves as the only cost-effective thing to make for the entire expansion
    3) Goggles that cost hundreds of gold to craft, but will be replaced by LFR gear
    4) Some sort of useless bag (I'm personally looking forward to an even BIGGER "fish only" bag)
    5) Guns that are made obsolete by LFR gear and never sell for more than their materials cost

Those points have been more or less true for the past... every... expansion, so...
    I`m agree. But if you think that engi is F ask Jewelcrafters. No meta and only rare gem slots...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I`m agree. But if you think that engi is F ask Jewelcrafters. No meta and only rare gem slots...
    and if they can craft epic pve/pvp rings and necks?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I think it is great, but it won't solve my addiction to enchanting and tailoring. I have 5 enchanters on the horde side and 3 on alliance, 3 tailors on horde and 2 on alliance. Being able to disenchant instead of vendor and getting extra cloth drops is too efficient for me to pass up. Yes I have a problem.

What I would really like to see is Blizzard allowing us to have herbalism/mining/skinning in addition to crafting professions. Just because I have a problem doesn't mean I should never be able to skin a mob or mine a node.

An excellent change! I just hope they go that extra mile and eliminate racial abilities next.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Which should have happened long before now.
    Agreed, may I also ask that races also stop giving better bonuses than other races? why the fuck does everything have to be cookie-cutter in WoW.

so basically i can pack anything now and it wont hurt me during encounters? HELL YEAH FLYING CARPET INC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Heyallnewherefirsttime - inb4 additional profession slots per character by microtransaction based on the new game features this far:

• have more than 2 professions on your main -> you don't have to level alts only for doing some stupid 5 minutes daily shuffle but otherwise not playing with at all, so you can have more time spent traveling on your +100% speed ground mount playing
    • removed profession combat perks -> RAIDARRZ are not required to purchase all profession slots to remain competitive so this won't be unfair for the heroes running on tighter pocket money
    • more crafting professions need more mats -> increased reagent stacking from 20 to 200 so you have more space in your bags for your cool crafted stuff while out there gathering, with new bag sorting options
    • need. moar. matz! -> new bank tab for crafting materials called "Reagent bank" - the materials deposited here can be used for crafting even when you are not in town, so you can use all your purchased professions everywhere over Draenor all the time to justify your real life financial decisions

/duck