Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

WoD Alpha patch notes

"Shadow Priests had one large problem toward the end of Mists of Pandaria: single-target damage. Their AoE and multi-DoT damage was some of the best around, so they still ended up competitive on most fights."

Prepare for another expansion full of shadowy crappiness guys.

Deleted
    Sounds like okay news to me but intill we get to try it out we don't really know how good it is. I'm torns between lock/priest for WoD xD

Just made healing a whole lot more boring to be honest.

Shadow priests will again, be terrible as Blizzard keeps saying priests are op in multi target fights, if this is the case, make it so you can't apply both dots to multiple targets, you did that in wrath with DP.

Shadow priest are REALLY strong in multi dot fights. Shadow was in no way terrible this expansion but our single target was bad. The proposed changes are excellent.

Going to miss the old Shadowy Recall, but I guess the new mastery will help avoid the nearly inevitable PvP qq that would have occured when people would've gotten RNG'd by chain recall procs and crits from Clarity of Power Mind Spikes/Blasts.

Kind of sad they say no word about addressing the 3vs0 orbs at start of fight problem, in fact the word Shadow Orb is never even used in the blog.. I guess so much for hoping for new orb consumers.

Well I'm looking forward to see Void Entropy and Clarity of Power in action, those could potentially be huge fun. Especially interested in just how hard Entropy will be hitting.

Since our mastery no longer affects our dots, I wonder if their plan is to reduce our overall multidot damage in return for higher ST, as 20% buff to SWP+VT hardly makes up for the loss of Shadow Recall damage.

Clarity of Power and the new mastery boosting Mind Sear sounds really great, could be potential for some massive AoE dps for Shadow from those combined.

"When Shadow Word: Death's cooldown is reset due to not killing a target, the resulting Shadow Word: Death cast can generate a Shadow Orb."

Very nice change too, in addition to being a quite considerable Execute phase buff (especially when adds are involved), it will actually add some gameplay depth to the double tapping.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-04-04 at 01:31 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixe View Post
    Shadow priest are REALLY strong in multi dot fights. Shadow was in no way terrible this expansion but our single target was bad. The proposed changes are excellent.
    "REALLY strong" is a bit of a hyperbole. But I'm not terribly concerned as some other Spriests about multi target damage. Yeah, we're the worst multi-dotters, but it's only Affliction and Arcane that's out of control which will get fixed in WoD(I'm hoping). You can out play a Boomkin and come out on top at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Going to miss the old Shadowy Recall
    Not me, incredibly boring.

Deleted
    Shadow is strong in multidot. I have no issues staying ahead of most classes besides warlocks or combat rogues.

Thing is though, warlocks are only good in multidotting because of BBOYS. Without it they wouldn't even be top multidotters.

Boomkins are a bit in between, the best boomkins in the world can beat the best shadow priests in the world.
    (Luckily though, 99% of all players that play boomkins in the world are extremely mediocre anyway).

I think we'll be fine. I just hope our single target won't be as boring as :

MB spike spike spike MB spike spike spike MB DP spike spike MB and so on.

-

I see arcane being counted as multidot. I don't think applying one dot counts for multidotting.

Otherwise you can count SV hunters as multidotters aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh nice....i want more now lol
    Mage: Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t “Blink.”
    Game play videos News and just plain randomness check out
    Lio's Random Gaming
    my Facebook page My twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I see arcane being counted as multidot. I don't think applying one dot counts for multidotting.

Otherwise you can count SV hunters as multidotters aswell.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_Falle...14/60/default/

DoTs are over 50% of their damage on Protectors. Arcane shines in multi-dot situations.

Deleted
    I'm personally very happy with the proposed changes so far, in a straight up multidotting fight was the only place I felt happy but I still think yeah but I'm not really contributing anything over anyone else on the target im suppose to be focusing. I'm hoping the idea behind these changes is roping back the overall dps disparity *cough* warlocks *cough* but honestly that should've been done along with the hunter/dk buffs so it's hard to say what they're going to do

with the binding heal/renew/heal on our lvl 90 talents being removed I guess the general hope is that they won't say "oh but you have so much else to offer you don't need to do damage" and do some proper balancing obviously this is all subject to change especially as we head into mid beta etc and players get to show what the changes really do but I'm still quite excited to see where the shadow is cast in WoD.

Edit: Personally really liking the new mastery if only because I'll find it most noticeable when I get higher mastery
    Last edited by mmoc455020c1a7; 2014-04-04 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Especially interested in just how hard Entropy will be hitting.
    Assuming Insanity isn't changed to work with Entropy, and ShA generation is still crit based - to be an equal DPS increase with what MFI+AsP would provide single target, taking current damage values, it would need to tick for roughly 250k.

Asp Spirits and Entropy also are too similar - both are a significant buff when multi dotting. Unless they changed/capped ShA generation, but at that point Asp Spirits would be the useless talent. CoP for single target, Entropy for Multi-Dot. Asp Spirit for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Assuming Insanity isn't changed to work with Entropy, and ShA generation is still crit based - to be an equal DPS increase with what MFI+AsP would provide single target, taking current damage values, it would need to tick for roughly 250k.

Asp Spirits and Entropy also are too similar - both are a significant buff when multi dotting. Unless they changed/capped ShA generation, but at that point Asp Spirits would be the useless talent. CoP for single target, Entropy for Multi-Dot. Asp Spirit for what?
    Yes, Entropy and Asp Spirits seem to fit slightly too much into the same multidot niche. I guess Spirits maybe would allow for slightly more mobility and burst through many short plagues vs 1min dots.

Asp Spirits seems like a good candidate to replace with an AoE finisher talent, then we'd have the choices between ST/Multidot/AoE.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    "REALLY strong" is a bit of a hyperbole.
    "a bit" is a bit of a hyperbole.

Shadow looks solid so far >

I'm okay with all of this, but cast time on prayer of mending and renew being holy only.

When it comes to void entropy and auspicious spirits-

Void entropy is going to be strongest on council fights... multitarget fights where you have big targets up for a long time. Auspicious spirits I see as being a midground between Void entropy and Clarity of power, especially when it comes to gear. Void Entropy will want to stack haste, whereas Clarity of power will want to avoid it. Auspicious Spirits I see as being more lenient when it comes to a variety of stat options.

Void is going to have to tick pretty hard to compete with AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm okay with all of this, but cast time on prayer of mending and renew being holy only.
    I guess if you are a shadow priest you are going to miss renew in PvP otherwise, it was really only a Holy Spell.

I'm going to miss Void Shift. It was one of my favorites.

With the loss of inner fire priests will be unable to do pvp or so much as take any melee hits in pve. Also there's the loss of a huge chunk of spellpower so we're significantly weaker already. No one used Inner Will so I couldn't care less about that though. Also, you introduce Void Shift in MoP, something to make priests feel even remotely unique and then you get rid of it. I'd try to say something witty but I'm too pissed off right now.

"Hymn of Hope has been removed"

Shadow Priests Rejoice!!! (we'll still be the worst caster, but at least we won't be expected to cast hymn).