Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice that RSK now applies a 5% Magic Debuff to the target for 15 seconds? (Shadow Priests have similar effect)?

Very zen and harmony to work melee wih the casters.

SUPPORT CLASS?!
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Deleted
    No Statue Well maybe it is good actually. Kinda sad we didn't get raid def cd, but some of the small changes seem pretty nice. Giving us the 5% magic debuff on RSK makes us go closer and closer to melee version of hunter

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhye View Post
    I assume that our rotation will be basically the same. From the standpoint, using FoF on CD is the OPTIMAL rotation if you can achieve it. Most players just don't do it because it's really damn hard to, nigh on impossible in raid settings that require lots of movement. The fact that those three finishers got buffed means that using other spells that aren't these is more punishing. I don't think it affects FoF that much. The real issue in my eyes using FoF was always keeping RSK on CD and then getting the chi required to use it before RSK came off CD, and blackout kick never really factored in it for me. I just assume that you'll want to use Chi on FoF instead of BoK whenever you can, You'll just get more for it than you do now.
    One thing that Celestalon tweeted about before was that FoF might see an independent damage increase as well to make you want to use it. At least, that's what I'm inferring from what was said. At max level all our spells do 20% extra damage (yay!) but in particular, perhaps the FoF damage calculation independently will be doing more damage as base on top of the new cleaving ability?

20% damage boost sounds great, but after the numbers passes - are we doing *less* damage as a 90 overall in 6.0 and the 20% boost is where we get evened out? Or is 20% more than we do now, but it's not like we will be 20% above where we are in the whole pack of classes.

My head hurts.
    Ayr - WW Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    In regards to SEF:

On paper it sounds like a nice change, but will it make ww an annoyance to play? Will SEF be required on everything? Will TeB no longer be based on trinkets but when you SEF?
    The challenge of min/maxing SEF even on a simple fight like Norushen seems daunting. Will you fall behind if you don't macro target switching on nearly every encounter?
    I think it will make WW even easier. Our tanks are very erratic on spoils, for instance, so it was a pain reapplying it due to the GCDs and Energy Cost, when you're quite starved maintaining RJW. I doubt I'd ever use it on Norushen though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY FISTS OF FURY DAMAGE.

Just tweeted @Celestalon my prior point on FoF 20% Damage buff, and if we were seeing additional.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...12500037300225
    @Celestalon: @Ayrwalker We didn't list most damage changes in the patch notes (at least not yet). Fists of Fury damage was increased by 100%. (BAM!)
    *faint*
    Last edited by Ayr; 2014-04-04 at 09:25 AM.
    Ayr - WW Monk

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are all the other monks sleeping right now, seriously.
    Ayr - WW Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post

Just tweeted @Celestalon my prior point on FoF 20% Damage buff, and if we were seeing additional.

*faint*
    wat

Is this real life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhye View Post
    They've got a surprise coming. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Going to spend time practicing using Fists of Fury.
    As you said before, we'll be balanced around FoF changes. And this change might make FoF a priority over RSK anyway, so using FoF "optimally" would be "ON CD when you or your target won't move for the next 4s" rather than the priority it has now.

EDIT :

"Oh you want more, huh? Yes, there's a glyph that allows FoF to channel while moving, at the cost of removing the stun."
    HOLY COW NOW THAT'S EVEN BETTER
    Last edited by mmoc9a4100ca3c; 2014-04-04 at 09:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    AHHH!!! GLYPH OF FISTS OF FURY!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...18631845490688
    @ashveridian Oh you want more, huh? Yes, there's a glyph that allows FoF to channel while moving, at the cost of removing the stun.
    Ayr - WW Monk

*faint*
    Next you'll tell me it can be cast while moving. I wonder on how many targets it'll be worth using FoF now that it does full damage to primary target, versus channeling SCK

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Next you'll tell me it can be cast while moving. I wonder on how many targets it'll be worth using FoF now that it does full damage to primary target, versus channeling SCK
    Yep.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ayr; 2014-04-04 at 10:21 AM.
    Ayr - WW Monk

I'll be in my bunk.

I guess Blizzard is making up for trolling us with their super secret rotation by giving us a bunch of christmas presents.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Wouldn't a fight like spoils involve a ton of SEF mouseover spamming? The skill ceiling of clone management seems limitless.

glad to see they finally added the FoF glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I think it will make WW even easier. Our tanks are very erratic on spoils, for instance, so it was a pain reapplying it due to the GCDs and Energy Cost, when you're quite starved maintaining RJW. I doubt I'd ever use it on Norushen though.
    Why wouldn't I SEF everything in sight on Norushen? What is the penalty?

Why are all the other monks sleeping right now, seriously.
    they are not sleeping there just so few WW out there

but not happy about still not adding utility after saying they want to give us something - unless they will remove it from all other melee well never be on equal footing for progress. and it will mean even more if they remove raid wide cds from tanks and keep them on other melee.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-04-04 at 11:44 AM.

Holy mother of all that is holy, RNGesus of the divine, praise our lord and savior. The fact they are able to fix WW monk, but have no clue about MW monk. I think I'll be rerolling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post

Why wouldn't I SEF everything in sight on Norushen? What is the penalty?
    No penalty, just really annoying. That, and I kill myself on that fight half the time from RJW alone, let alone 70% of single target damage.

I dont think our tanks know you can follow the grey orbs to know where the fat adds are going to land

Deleted
    but not happy about still not adding utility after saying they want to give us something - unless they will remove it from all other melee well never be on equal footing for progress. and it will mean even more if they remove raid wide cds from tanks and keep them on other melee.
    Celestalon tweeted about this. Most (if not all) of dps class raid cooldowns will probably be removed, but this didn't make it to last night's patch notes. I would be way happier if noone has raid CDs rather than having one myself. Healthier gameplay overall.

Finally we gt some love! I'm most excited about the FOF glyph and SEF being off GCD.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many welcome changes I find it hard to believe they will all stick. Gonna toss on my HWF AoC and get to practicing FoF on CD.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch