10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadEarz View Post
    Has anyone done any research into new soft caps? Mastery becomes our strongest/main stat come the expansion but are there any particular levels of haste and crit we should be aiming for, how much speed and versatility you require is going to be down to personal preference for the large part just interested to see if any work has been done into that.

I imagine the new 2 set bonus will play heavily into that (is the 15% increase to wrath and starfire on the base or calculated with your haste rating as well?)
    Tertiary stats will be w.e you get lumped with. They'll be pretty rare so 'going' for them wont be that much of an issue I think. Honestly socket bonus > any tertiary stat.

As for weights crit is lowest, almost useless out side of the extra damage and ss procs (which again have been reduced) so you basically want haste/mastery on all your gear. Haste is better for ST mastery is better for multi target/aoe. With the fights in SoO and the first tier of WOD being mostly non patchwork i'll be going mastery>haste but obviously at some point a balance of the two will be best.

<-- not mathy enough to know what that balance is but with 588 will have alot of both tbh.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

So im guessing multistrike and versatility are our 2 worst stats? Multistrike sound exactly the same as crit except with no starsurge/starfall benefit.. and versatility is tuned to suck

for some reason moonfire last 40 secs and sunfire 20 on the ptr.. :/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    for some reason moonfire last 40 secs and sunfire 20 on the ptr.. :/
    Yes, moonfire is now 40 seconds and sunfire 24 seconds and spreads to all targets withing 5 yards, that's how both dots are now different from eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    So im guessing multistrike and versatility are our 2 worst stats? Multistrike sound exactly the same as crit except with no starsurge/starfall benefit.. and versatility is tuned to suck
    I forgot the stat weights, but I think you're correct about multistrike. Versatility is indeed tuned to not be top damage, however I still don't know how to properly value the versatile (healing&dmg reduction) parts of versatility vs the dmg loss from taking it.

Deleted
    i have a few question about boomkin in beta/ptr. so snapshoting is gone so far as i know it. But the eclipse bar do that snapp shot or do we just put up each dot and they get auto boosted ?

so as far as instants go, do we have any of the sort now? for like moving. seeing as starsurge aint instant any more.

talents, do we still prefer incarnation? also am not sure if gift of the wild still gives us any bonus stats but is it still the best?

sry for bad spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    i have a few question about boomkin in beta/ptr. so snapshoting is gone so far as i know it. But the eclipse bar do that snapp shot or do we just put up each dot and they get auto boosted ?

so as far as instants go, do we have any of the sort now? for like moving. seeing as starsurge aint instant any more.

talents, do we still prefer incarnation? also am not sure if gift of the wild still gives us any bonus stats but is it still the best?

sry for bad spelling
    Snapshotting is gone, yes. Eclipse energy is dynamic now like every other stat, but there are specific times you will want to cast Moon/Sunfire to maximize the damage of other spells and the DoT's uptime.

Our instants are Starsurge (at lvl 100 with leveling perk), Moonfire, Sunfire and Starfall.

Not sure on the cd talents since FoN got a buff recently and I don't know how Incarnation compares to SotF on single-target.

Heart of the Wild has no passive stats now. Nature's Vigil will be our "default" choice there.

Deleted
    ah great, thx for clearing that up mate

- - - Updated - - -

were can i see the updated perks for moonkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    ah great, thx for clearing that up mate

- - - Updated - - -

were can i see the updated perks for moonkin?
    http://wod.wowhead.com/class=11#spells:type=-14

and type Balance in the filter search box

Deleted
    I know this is quite irrelevant and soon to be outdated info - but I am curious.

What will happen to our damage when 6.0 hits and people go raid SoO to see how they're going to be in WoD?

Will we be the lowest of the lowest, thanks to SS not being instant cast untill 100 perk?

Just not sure should I be having a vacation off WoW untill I can level 90-100 and be a real dps spec again..

*shrug*

Deleted
    Well it's gonna depend on a couple of things. Like you mentioned, leveling perks, but other than that also lv 100 talents (for instance dks gain barely anything from those, while mages gain a pretty big increase) and there is scaling with secondary stats. Since most classes are tuned to have pretty low amounts of secondary stats for the first tier, this should cause a pretty huge imbalance during 6.0.2 (for instance dks usually scale like shit). For boomkins in particular a major problem will be the huge amounts of crit on gear since spirit/hit on gear turns into crit > haste. We will have way higher crit chance than anytime during WoD because in the last tier of WoD we will have 2 extra secondary stats, and we wont go for crit on gear anyway. That means we'll probably have some issues with spending all our SS charges in time w/o wasting emp buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Well it's gonna depend on a couple of things. Like you mentioned, leveling perks, but other than that also lv 100 talents (for instance dks gain barely anything from those, while mages gain a pretty big increase) and there is scaling with secondary stats. Since most classes are tuned to have pretty low amounts of secondary stats for the first tier, this should cause a pretty huge imbalance during 6.0.2 (for instance dks usually scale like shit). For boomkins in particular a major problem will be the huge amounts of crit on gear since spirit/hit on gear turns into crit > haste. We will have way higher crit chance than anytime during WoD because in the last tier of WoD we will have 2 extra secondary stats, and we wont go for crit on gear anyway. That means we'll probably have some issues with spending all our SS charges in time w/o wasting emp buffs.
    So am I completely lost here or is reforging removed as of the patch? Should I be hoarding mastery pieces before the patch hits?

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    So am I completely lost here or is reforging removed as of the patch? Should I be hoarding mastery pieces before the patch hits?
    Yes and yes. Haste/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    what for?
    when patch hits, there is no need to do much apart from experimenting with and perfecting your new rotation (which BTW will change a lot again when you get instant Starsurge).
    unless you really care about your dps while leveling up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    what for?
    when patch hits, there is no need to do much apart from experimenting with and perfecting your new rotation (which BTW will change a lot again when you get instant Starsurge).
    unless you really care about your dps while leveling up?
    There is this thing called mythic SoO...

Quote Originally Posted by zen0x View Post
    There is this thing called mythic SoO...
    For those people that havn't downed Garrosh in a year +! Or haven't gotten their BoA /shudder.

I'm not sure how I feel about us having to go 6,0 - WoD launch without instant starsurges. I'd have liked time to play around with it.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    And that people wont get off-spec tiers that easily (if at all)
    Sorry for posting it late, but they said tier items will switch dynamically.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

if you scroll down a bit they say:

Set Bonuses

Similar to primary stats, set bonuses will also change depending on your current spec.
    This means a Paladin may only need one tier set rather than one for Holy and one for Retribution.
    It also means that set bonuses can be more tailored towards a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascalpa View Post
    Sorry for posting it late, but they said tier items will switch dynamically.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

if you scroll down a bit they say:

Set Bonuses

Similar to primary stats, set bonuses will also change depending on your current spec.
    This means a Paladin may only need one tier set rather than one for Holy and one for Retribution.
    It also means that set bonuses can be more tailored towards a spec.
    Unless they have the same stat prios then you will have to re-enchant and re-gem every time. Imagine having to dps - tank - dps - tank in the same night.

Which is why I'm glad my OS is Guardian instead of Resto. Don't have to worry about Spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Unless they have the same stat prios then you will have to re-enchant and re-gem every time. Imagine having to dps - tank - dps - tank in the same night.

Which is why I'm glad my OS is Guardian instead of Resto. Don't have to worry about Spirit.
    Tier items won't have enchants and I think there will be very little gem slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Tier items, like any other, have the chance to roll that random gem slot...

Also the tier slots, and the amount of tiers can vary depending on spec. Sure it wont matter that much for most, but for those seeking "bis" sets.... oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Oh...I was under the impression that we still had the shoulder+leg enchants. "Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600."