Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I think the whole wanting all stats to be equal will just never work. There will always be a best stat even by a small margin and different talents change the value of different stats (with equinox being an extreme example) meaning that stat balancing would have to be done around a cookie cutter talent build which simply wouldn't work.
    I think the goal is for there to still be best stats, it's something they definitely like, but they don't want crit to be worth 10 dps per rating and mastery to be worth 6 dps for exemple.. or even less. For some classes, their best stat is thrice is good as their worst, making their worst stat pretty damn horrible.

They probably want you to use warforged gear over non-warforged even if the stats aren't optimal too.

Also, i don't see what is so bad about dropping mushrooms during hurricane? If anything is clunky, it's simply mushroom placement/detonation, as theyve always been that way, but it gives us something to do while waiting for that long channeling time, and could mesh with the watering mechanic without feeling horrible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    What would replace Equinox then? Personally, I would mind seeing an "Ignite"-esque spell. (If IS did 10% total damage, then this Ignite would do ~8-12% (Crit variance, spell power based...making Wrath "better" single target with Ignites (might build faster)). I'd also add a splash-on-ignite mechanic (to be strong in heavy clump (4-5 meh, 6+ yes). So, it'd be a storng single-target and SS-weave (maybe make WM or Hurricane ignite too). IDEAS EVERYWHERE
    Perhaps bring back the old Languish 4T10 set bonus? Or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Perhaps bring back the old Languish 4T10 set bonus? Or something similar?
    Something, similar, yeah. Still waiting to see the alpha build with the rotational change. Once that is announced, feedback and suggestions will start flying in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I saw that too. I hope they don't screw up everything, I've felt that balance was in a great spot rotation-wise this expac, my main issue now is our AOE really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voxTree View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too. I hope they don't screw up everything, I've felt that balance was in a great spot rotation-wise this expac, my main issue now is our AOE really.
    I hate the SS procrate when you have high amounts of crit. I'd trade my left arm for being able to store 2 (or more ) starsurge procs. Great for PvP and PvE

Yeah , we went from aoe / cleave gods in cata to a more dynamic single rotation and a very clunky and weak aoe. Very , very excited to see the revamp.

I hate having 2 short duration DoTs that have to be reapplied even sooner when the appropriate eclipse procs...

Having a way to auto-refresh those dots (like Starsurge setting them both to max duration) would be amazing.

Hope they fix NG uptime issues with heavy movement, make our AoE more exciting and smooth (both eclipses etc.), give us 2 charges of SS procs with a little CD between the procs for PvP reasons (might be too strong, but would be much smoother) and...new Moonkin modell.

The dream! <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was noted before, I might have missed it. But the datamined tooltips for wrath and SS indicate they generate double eclipse energy while not in eclipse, while SF does not do this. It might just be because the datamined info is incomplete, or it could indicate some more asymmetrical gameplay.

I'd rather wait for the patchnotes to explain the intent behind the changes than try to interpret potentially mismined information that might already be outdated.

Deleted
    Interesting to see what they have lined up.

I'd like to see SF & MF merged into 1 again (alternating depending on Eclipse state).

Starsurge damage should scale with crit, if it's too much they can give it the Chaos Bolt treatment so it deals % damage upfront and the rest over time.

Our mastery should be reworked to a % to proc Shooting Stars, not tick crits. So in an RBG environment we could stack Mastery for multidotting. For PvE we can settle for around 20-25% to hopefully prevent overlapping of procs.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Our mastery should be reworked to a % to proc Shooting Stars, not tick crits. So in an RBG environment we could stack Mastery for multidotting. For PvE we can settle for around 20-25% to hopefully prevent overlapping of procs.
    Why would you want to prevent overlapping? That would just mean you're getting fewer procs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would you want to prevent overlapping? That would just mean you're getting fewer procs.
    Because overlapping does significantly reduce the value of a stat. When 1/3 of your SS procs are overlapping the value of crit (or mastery in his example) could well be below the values of other secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Interesting to see what they have lined up.

I'd like to see SF & MF merged into 1 again (alternating depending on Eclipse state).

Starsurge damage should scale with crit, if it's too much they can give it the Chaos Bolt treatment so it deals % damage upfront and the rest over time.

They can merge Wrath and Starfire as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    No? Sometimes you want to delay your eclipses and do something besides looking pretty.

Im calling it now.
    They'll make boomy really simple to play! Like they did with ferals.

@Celestalon
    "@Hasp6 Current Balance is hard to learn, easy to master (at least discounting DoT snapshotting). Making some very fundamental changes."

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...72199812362240
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Judging by his comment of hard to learn, but easy to master, I see them merging these and SF/MF. Maybe even adding some other weird spell they come up with to make it harder to master, but simple as hell to get into. (since your abilities would auto swap and that seems pretty dirt easy to learn.)

For a new player to the spec, all you would have to do would be;
    apply single DoT
    Spam your filler (as it's the only thing you CAN hit)
    hit your proc
    it all auto swaps when you get to the other side
    Repeat

Obviously simplified more than the real rotation would be, but that sounds like a simple to get into rotation comparatively to the current one. Mainly because you would be unable to move the eclipse bar the wrong way. (which is probably the biggest problem for these new players they seem to simplify the game for.)
    Last edited by Keltas; 2014-05-22 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    No? Sometimes you want to delay your eclipses and do something besides looking pretty.
    I think it doesn't bother them much. Or they can merge wrath/starfire and mf/snf and give us new spell for eclipse delay. It clearly fit their concept. If you casual just use 3 button. But if you wish be pro learn how to use additional spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Judging by his comment of hard to learn, but easy to master, I see them merging these and SF/MF. Maybe even adding some other weird spell they come up with to make it harder to master, but simple as hell to get into. (since your abilities would auto swap and that seems pretty dirt easy to learn.)
    Exactly my thought.

Deleted
    My money is on Moonfire becomes a 2 second cast....