Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Glyph of Celestial Alignment sounds weird to me. I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to use it. If anything, it smells of the typical oversight by blizzard in a sense that we're not interested in just Eclipse, NG has a darn significant impact.
    Glyph of CA is actually amazing, especially at low gear levels without heaps of haste. Go put on some 463 gear and tell me how many starfires you get out in 15seconds. It also helps pvp immensely, smart players will cc you during CA and this gives a ton of breathing room. I love this glyph idea it's genius and helps a lot of weaknesses balance has with low amounts of secondary stats.

the only problem is losing nature's grace so not sure how having it last 60 full seconds is helpful. A lot of things are unclear atm
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-04-05 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Just a notification. I don't see Equinox amongst the newly datamined information. Might be that they changed their mind on that one. Also, be aware that the game isn't even out yet. Things are subject to change, and I predict they'll change their mind on Equinox because it kind of nullifies the idea of our gameplay.
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator-wod#GAAt

I still see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Just a notification. I don't see Equinox amongst the newly datamined information. Might be that they changed their mind on that one. Also, be aware that the game isn't even out yet. Things are subject to change, and I predict they'll change their mind on Equinox because it kind of nullifies the idea of our gameplay.
    While datamining, they check for changes from the previous build. Equinox is unchanged, and therefore was not picked up. (The exact same reason why tooltip updates cause thoughts of "we were buffed twice?!") It confused me at first because I really wanted Equinox baseline. But yeah, Equinox is still there. Celestalon took the time to point me to MMO-C/Wowhead to see ~ "But that's why I'm asking you! MMO-C says vacant talent on homepage (not shown); Wowhead says Talent!"

Deleted
    I would prefer to only have to place 1 shroom which does the same as the current 3 just because of the time lost in rotation whilst sorting it midfight.

The new hurricane stuff is good, and we cannot make any assumptions on our damage compared to others so i wouldnt even attempt to think about it.

People are talking about the time we will spend in and out of eclipses based off what? Current content? We have no idea how its going to be.

If insect swarm is a cast time then it sounds like we are moving slighty towards Spriests.

Overall i am excited, i know there isnt much to go on, but i have been waiting for a big shake up of the game for a while, i havent liked the direction of hp, dmg and spells for a while.

One thing i am not happy with and some would disagree, is all the increased survivability with each expansion, lower CD's and more dmg reduction all round, i preferred it when you had to actually use your mitigation CD's very well to avoid certain death rather than just spamming them most of the time and being able to stand in fire every 2 mins etc. But hey maybe the pve content will be made appropriately so that we actually need to be rotating surv CD's alot on mythic. Who knows

Looking forward to learning the class again in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, if we get anymore armor, we might as well start tanking. I mean, any time when blizzard seems to not know what to give us we get armor, I am guessing next expac we will get 300% armor!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I still remember the time when Moonkin was new and had a whopping 360% armor bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    At cutting edge raiding, when not overgearing encounters, +10% maximum health is amazing. It's not quite as good as the old +15% damage reduction + HotW, but it's still a noticable leeway.
    I don't see myself trading +10% max hp for +100% armor on nearly any encounter.
    200% armor. Don't forget the Moonkin perk. I would happily go for the armor on any encounter involving physical(i.e. armor reduced) damage in non-trivial amounts.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-04-05 at 09:20 PM.

Anyone see the new glyphs for Boomkin. Can I say damn. Some of them would almost seem mandatory personally.

Druid
    Glyph of Astral Communion - Your Astral Communion ability can be used while moving.
    Glyph of Imbued Bark - While Barkskin is active, when you are interrupted the resulting school lock has 50% reduced duration.
    Glyph of Enchanted Bark - For 10 sec after activating Barkskin, you are immune to Silence and Interrupt effects.
    Glyph of Celestial Alignment - Celestial Alignment now lasts 60 sec, or until 12 spells have been cast with it active, whichever occurs first.
    Glyph of Sudden Eclipse - While not in an Eclipse state critical attacks done to you restore 20 Solar or Lunar energy whichever is more beneficial to you. This effect can only occur once every 6 sec.
    Glyph of the Shapemender - Each time you activate a shapeshift form, you are healed for 5% of your maximum health.
    Glyph of Moonwarding - Moonkin Form no longer grants bonus armor, but instead grants 10% increased maximum health.
    Glyph of Travel - Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat. This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I still remember the time when Moonkin was new and had a whopping 360% armor bonus.

200% armor. Don't forget the Moonkin perk. I would happily go for the armor on any encounter involving physical(i.e. armor reduced) damage in non-trivial amounts.
    This would make being back up for aim on Paragons less scary. I wouldn't have to clench my butt hole anymore.

Equinox appears noticeably worse that the other 2 talents for balance at lvl 100. Unless something changes with Euphoria or nature's grace this doesn't make much sense to take to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    While datamining, they check for changes from the previous build. Equinox is unchanged, and therefore was not picked up. (The exact same reason why tooltip updates cause thoughts of "we were buffed twice?!") It confused me at first because I really wanted Equinox baseline. But yeah, Equinox is still there. Celestalon took the time to point me to MMO-C/Wowhead to see ~ "But that's why I'm asking you! MMO-C says vacant talent on homepage (not shown); Wowhead says Talent!"
    Fair point. I still dislike the talent in general. I really hope they change it to something more intriguing that actually changes our gameplay a tad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how other classes whine how those patch notes break them completly, we should be pretty satisfied ^^

On more serious note - won't really miss symbio much. It wasn't that good and it often was a struggle to take what's benefitial to you vs what your raid wants to you take. Plus, even in 25man raid you might have been missing the best option.

Also there is one theme showing up from our patch notes - easier Eclipse management - and that is something I am excited for, however they resolve it in the end. I am personally sick of being so restricted on movement due to Eclipse cycle (so you are 1 cast from Eclipse, SS isn't proccing, DoTs are in no state of refreshing and you have to move NOW or you will die or wipe the raid :P ). So as I assume Blizzard's encounter designer love tons of random movement, class designers could as well make it slightly less painfull for us to move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Equinox appears noticeably worse that the other 2 talents for balance at lvl 100. Unless something changes with Euphoria or nature's grace this doesn't make much sense to take to me.
    This exactly. Everyone seems so hyped about it, but all I see is longer eclipse cycles and lower NG uptime, which will hurt alot at the start of the expansion. Maybe with end of expo gear it'll be useful if we can stack enough haste to keep NG up anyway but for now, I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    This exactly. Everyone seems so hyped about it, but all I see is longer eclipse cycles and lower NG uptime, which will hurt alot at the start of the expansion. Maybe with end of expo gear it'll be useful if we can stack enough haste to keep NG up anyway but for now, I'm not impressed.
    The only real use of Equinox is for Hurricane/Astral storm spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Guys, if we get anymore armor, we might as well start tanking. I mean, any time when blizzard seems to not know what to give us we get armor, I am guessing next expac we will get 300% armor!
    <3 tanking 5man HC with 300k+ dps and the healer screaming 'why arn't you a bear!?' the whole way through.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The only real use of Equinox is for Hurricane/Astral storm spam.
    No that makes no sense if you actually think about the talents in an aoe situation insect swarm would be the best allowing you to skip through lunar quickly and use NG hurricane more whereas equinox drops your NG fairly quickly. If insect swarm is target capped or energy generation is limited then you'd be correct however in 5+ tar scenarios.

Sunfall clearly a 2-4 target situation like troll council/protectors and pvp

Equinox feels like the single target talent, theres no unbuffed casts, but slower cycles and if it's purely single target this one maximizes lunar the most.. but idk it seems like sunfall could be better single target tbh so then equinox is just bad all around kinda like the savage roar passive for feral this seems like a casual passive talent for beginners w/o any clear advantages over the other talents at this time - unless they make euphoria function w/ the talent in some way. if so then we have 3 interesting choices.

No that makes no sense if you actually think about the talents in an aoe situation insect swarm would be the best allowing you to skip through lunar quickly and use NG hurricane more whereas equinox drops your NG fairly quickly.
    Enhanced Storms - Every 1 sec, your Hurricane and Astral Storm will generate 10 Lunar or Solar energy, whichever is more beneficial to you.

It is pretty obvious that Equinox is only going to be good for heavy AoE.

No that makes no sense if you actually think about the talents in an aoe situation insect swarm would be the best allowing you to skip through lunar quickly and use NG hurricane more whereas equinox drops your NG fairly quickly. If insect swarm is target capped or energy generation is limited then you'd be correct however in 5+ tar scenarios.
    Hurricane generates Eclipse power in WoD. With the haste we're bound to have, you'll pretty much always cast Hurricane with NG up.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Hurricane generates Eclipse power in WoD. With the haste we're bound to have, you'll pretty much always cast Hurricane with NG up.
    Yeah i understand that the problem is the disparity between astral storm and hurricane. makes sense though. Im pretty happy with all 3 but still equinox seems like very limited use. There's one fight in SoO where this would be good and none in past tiers this xpac.

and unless im figuring this wrong there's 5potential seconds w/o ng hurricane but hurricane snapshots haste so i doubt it will be an issue.

I don't really like it myself, either. The people believing it would be unbeatable seem to constantly forget about Euphoria and NG.

Deleted
    Hmm... nothing spectacular tbh.

Enhanced Mushrooms only works against us, unless they dramatically buff this effect or rework mushrooms and enhanced storms only provides us mana regen while AoE spamming + maybe a slight dps upgrade according to people here, which i seriously doubt as other classes are far better at AoE scenarios. I mean seriously, when is the last time you had to channel hurricane for more than 15 seconds + extra cast?

Symbiosis is gone, this sucks as symbiosis was a really good spell, just too good in blizzards eyes.

Level 90 talent row nerf is an all out bummer just granting us a wider ray of raid heals much like shaman 75 tier currently and an incredibly minor dps upgrade.

Level 100 talents seem interesting, but in all likeliness one will reign supreme. Surprised that there isn't a talent that clearly promotes AoE dps.

Glyphs are nice though, + 10% hp i'll take that any day and CA glyph upgrades the dps bonus slightly, especially in low gear levels (12 starfire casts in 15 seconds happens @ 1,25 second per cast)

Overall just a disappointment as i was hoping for them to completely rework mushrooms and maybe tweek single target a bit.
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2014-04-06 at 06:16 PM.