Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    It's not useless, it just doesn't make sense. What if I want to focus my dps on a single target and have starfall cleave in the background? I can't do that with the glyph, since I have to make sure I multidot everything before I can focus on my target.
    It is no longer a single target spell, by any means.This spell is not meant to be "some extra main target dmg" anymore. this is why it is on charges with our stongest impact spell. We have to change the wa we look and think of StrFall. its an AOE spell forAOE situations. if we dont need thag, WE Dont Cast It.

Deleted
    Should 2piece bonus affect all roots, or is it just entangling roots?

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Should 2piece bonus affect all roots, or is it just entangling roots?
    just your own entangling roots, neither of the 2 talents work with the 2-set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    I can't believe there's like 17 pages of starfall debate here. But just to make 2 minor points:

#1 - the "variable skill level" you speak of really isn't valid. The level of players on beta vs all those on live is a WORLD of difference. The chances of 4-5 relatively unskilled players coming together on beta, is pretty low all things considered. The chances of it happening on live, are pretty good. I don't think people should be punished by starfall wipes because of this. Yes, all the arguments about "watch your position. Skill cap. blah blah blah." Are valid enough on their own, except that they're not. Decent players are going to learn to deal with it. At the higher end you'll have a handful of people doing slightly more dps. At the lower end (of the high end) you'll have people just not using the spell quite as often. But the difference will be marginal.

At the other end of the spectrum however, you WILL have people wiping left and right because of it. And a lot of them will never "learn to use it better", they're not that type of player. (And half of them will never glyph it because every guide they read says not to). Are you really ok with their day sucking because you REALLY wanted that extra half ounce of supposed "skill" in your spec? (That really should have come from a much better working of the eclipse mechanic, which is what's worth discussing, not one random aoe spell).

#2 unless it's been changed somehow in WoD, nameplates disappear after ~36 yds or so. It's possible to back up until "its no visable", and still pull stuff.
    So in WOTLK it was just IMPOSSIBLE to raid, peaple just couldnt do DG's with moonkins....oh the horrors, moonkins wiped every instance, no one learned to use starfall.....eh, no

This mechanic of the spell isnt new. the problem was it was too strong and people were using it as a mandatory single target rotation spell. So it got neutered(IMO) so it could be used in single target rotation. Now it is being reverted.
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-07-28 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    just your own entangling roots, neither of the 2 talents work with the 2-set bonus
    Pretty useless, how many times we are able to hard cast anything? And when we can, it would be nonsense to waste it for that.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Here's a topic: when do you see yourselves using Astral Communion? What about the glyph, is it any useful?
    Probably on trash to go back to solar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Pretty useless, how many times we are able to hard cast anything? And when we can, it would be nonsense to waste it for that.
    well u can starsurge then hardcast w/e u want

I got to play some beta this past weekend. Do NOT like the new moonkin at ALL!! I gave it about 2 hours, before I gave in and said "fuck it".

On the topic of starfall, while questing, it really brings ALL the mobs to the yard. I do like how starfall and SS share a stack, give a choice between AOE and DD, not trying to stack both.

I do not like the new eclipse bar, even just flying around popping into combat would get the bar moving. It kinda takes away the prefight conditioning/prep. I dont really care for the SS to buff wrath/SF there were times when I would think it should buff wrath and it was trying to buff starfire. I thought the MF/SF button change would be intuitive, but really it just felt clunky.

At this point, I would say MoP moonkin is worlds better, if not a bit more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    Probably on trash to go back to solar
    why would you want to? Hurricane is horrible and sunfire needs 1 button.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee Streaming WOD Raid testing right now!!

Meh we killed it. Raid over
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-07-28 at 07:16 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    why would you want to? Hurricane is horrible and sunfire needs 1 button.
    I figured its buff to strfll and mf/sf would make it worth casting

So I just did Oregorger on heroic. I was mostly 2nd on dmg done, with around 24-25k dps. (our frost mage was 1st with 30-37k dps, insane)
    First, I spec SoTf + Stellar Flare with haste. (enchant, food, items & flask). I did not use CA at all, cus bugged and worthless.

I have a problem with Empowered Moonkin. (makes your next dmg\healing spell instant). I got it proc-off many times during the encounter, which is great; but, I couldn't use it much. It mostly proc'ed when I middle-cast or about to finish a cast, consuming the buff, which was very annoying. Rarely the times I proced it while was moving\dodging- and could launch a instant spell with it.
    Also, for some reason- casting SS consuming it- SS is now baseline instant. wtf. Can some1 twit one of the Devs, asking for SS not to consume it and make sure if u actually cast a spell- it wouldn't consume it aswell. there is no point to stop casting just to use it.

Also, I used Renewal (Tier 2 talent) for emergency heals, as replacement for Nature's Swiftness + HT. was it always healing 22% of your HP? I thought it supposed to do 30%. 22% of your hp every 2min is pretty weak. No point use CW or Ysera's Gift. as if u low on hp- CW won't trigger until u take dmg and die.

I figured its buff to strfll and mf/sf would make it worth casting
    As far as i know AC does nothing but accelerate eclipse generation. If theres something you'd want to cast it to get away from solar... unless using the sunfall glyph

@omri1212000 I reported Empowered Moonkin a while back, no answer yet.
    Also Renewal percentage was nerfed due to HP scaling. In MoP 30% of your hp was pretty much the same as NS HT, im WoD crit HT on yourself heals around 20% of your hp meaning Renewal actually got better (like most percentage based heals)
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-07-28 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @omri yeah can confirm what you said i noticed earlier if your mid casts when owlkin frenzy etc procs it consumes it, as does SS :'(
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

I still don't think it should be 2min cd for 22% hp. Maybe 1min.

Anyway, did u run with mastery or haste enchants? I tried Mastery with Balance of Power, it felt slow and annoying, so I switched back to haste enchants\flask.

It would be way too powerful at 1min cd. 2min sounds just right, you have to get used to the low heals / high hp pool.

personally i ran with 1600 haste, 600 mastery, 800 crit, 500 multistrike. Ended up between 27 and 29k on pulls when we were allowed to dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had haste gear, food and flasks. with inc, nv and Stellar Flare. I did use CA, but canceled it after i used it to apply sunfire.

[Punq]: 1. Vexxe 8.53M (22.9K, 10.8%) Kill took (6 Min 13 Sec)

2047 Haste, 586 Mastery, 700 crit and 334 Multistrike
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

I meant hurricane's buff to ur dots and starfall dmg made it worth casting. its a perk i think.
    SO if it was worth i would use ac to return to Solar between trash pulls.
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-07-28 at 08:03 PM.

I meant hurricane's buff to ur dots and starfall dmg made it worth casting. its a perk i think.
    SO if it was worth i would use ac to return to Solar between trash pulls.
    Ah right that one, didnt even remember it but didnt really have any effect in terms of dps when compared my dmg and alzus damage in a test. Hurricane vs no hurricane so... still feels so useless but i guess its just fine to afk cast once per cycle >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Updated weapon enchants (relevant) from theorycrafting thread:

Mark of the Frostwolf
    Grants 500 Multistrike for 6sec.
    3.0 RPPM +USP
    Effect can stack 2 times.

Mark of the Thunderlord
    Grants 500 Critical Strike for 6sec.
    2.5 RPPM +USP
    While active, critical heals and attacks extend the duration by 2sec, up to 3 times.

Mark of Warsong
    Grants 10 stacks of 100 Haste for 20 sec.
    1.15 RPPM +USP
    You lose 1 stack every 2 sec.
    Update:

Mark of Bleeding Hollow

Grants 500 Mastery for 12sec.
    2.3 RPPM +USP.