Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Anyone else raid SoO last night as miss sunfire spreading and new starfall? I'm in love with them already xD

I missed it... until we got to Thok and I realized we're losing Unending Resolve :/

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    I missed it... until we got to Thok and I realized we're losing Unending Resolve :/
    You mean symbiosis at nearly every boss? Can just stand in shit > spread sunfire and starfall

I will mostly miss AMS for fights like Jin'rokh and Sha of Fear HC...or be able to run through fire on Siegecrafter without debuff >.>

I wanna cheeze mechanics and I wanna do it nao!

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    You mean symbiosis at nearly every boss? Can just stand in shit > spread sunfire and starfall
    Well my guild still 3 and 4 heals everything, so most fights we can stand in shit w/o personals :P, thok's the one that's gonna hurt

Beastlord gonna be aids on live

Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Beastlord gonna be aids on live
    I tanked it, but it sounds like starfall/sunfire heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    That's exactly what is atm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Maybe, but here my problem:
    Yday, I almost had no time to hardcast starfire or wrath, so I dropped Sotf for Inca. I still not sure when the best time to use it- on opening, or wait for first Beast Pack and use it with CA.

Also, during Solar its idd very easy to Stellar Flare all and sunfire, and then again when getting Solar Peak.
    However, should we Starfall during Solar and Hurricane? (Hurricane perk- increase all dmg of sunfire and starfall by 10%)

When getting into Lunar, should we pop starfall and Stellar Flare OR waste a gcd on moonfire on each mob. Its 30sec duration, and lets be honest- the Pack dies very fast. Will it be a dps lost waste a gcd on moonfire for each mob, when u can rush spam Stellar Flare? (giving the fact they dies around 15sec~, half the duration of moonfire)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Maybe, but here my problem:
    Yday, I almost had no time to hardcast starfire or wrath, so I dropped Sotf for Inca. I still not sure when the best time to use it- on opening, or wait for first Beast Pack and use it with CA.

Also, during Solar its idd very easy to Stellar Flare all and sunfire, and then again when getting Solar Peak.
    However, should we Starfall during Solar and Hurricane? (Hurricane perk- increase all dmg of sunfire and starfall by 10%)

When getting into Lunar, should we pop starfall and Stellar Flare OR waste a gcd on moonfire on each mob. Its 30sec duration, and lets be honest- the Pack dies very fast. Will it be a dps lost waste a gcd on moonfire for each mob, when u can rush spam Stellar Flare? (giving the fact they dies around 15sec~, half the duration of moonfire)
    I feel like you are asking the wrong questions. Aside from using more of my SS procs on Starfall for spears/adds and always spreading sunfire to adds, there really isn't any need to AoE more. The questions you are asking is on how to do the most dps, not on how to dps the most efficiently as a raid. Granted I had terrible fps lag due to combatlogging on our last 2 tries (out of 3), so I wasn't even able to multidot even though otherwise I might have. By just having most of the raid only use their most efficient AoE (Starfall/Sunfire, Fire Nova for our enha shaman which is super OP, stuff like that) and using the rest of your abilities to singletarget the boss/his riding pets asap you are doing the boss properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Mira said pretty much. While the adds need to die, they only need to die before the next wave to not get over run. Yes you could assign for instance 3-5 players to non stop aoe while every one else single targets the boss. But ideally for progression you want to effectively kill the adds while focusing the boss. With abilities such as: starfall, chainlightning, frost orb, firenova, divine storm, etc .. NOT Hurricane, mind sear, blizzard etc.

gutted I missed this test tbh, looks amazing for boomkins.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Nice double standards Mr xtramuscle.. remember when you said it was padding the exact thing you agree to now?

If you really want to focus single target (the starfall in the background is just padding) then use starsurge on that focus target instead?
    Here's the post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28495096

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Nice double standards Mr xtramuscle.. remember when you said it was padding the exact thing you agree to now?

Here's the post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28495096
    Depends what you are talking about. Starfall on paragons is padding, on Garrosh it's not. In both cases you can use Guiding Stars or not, to pad on Paragons or to do aoe+boss damage vs. more boss damage on Garrosh.

Deleted
    Why do you assume I was talking about paragons? I didn't mention any specific fight, I just said that it can be useful to focus on one target and have the efficient cleave in the background, which he called "padding". And now he says it's a good idea..

Whatever.

Every boss is different and every raid group is different. You can't just categorize it was padding vs not padding.

Why do you assume I was talking about paragons? I didn't mention any specific fight, I just said that it can be useful to focus on one target and have the efficient cleave in the background, which he called "padding". And now he says it's a good idea..

Whatever.
    All I said is that the definition of padding is not always clear, depending what your raid wants you to do, but in other cases the distinction is clear.

The point I wanted to make was: Were you two even talking about the same fight in the 2 posts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    All I said is that the definition of padding is not always clear, depending what your raid wants you to do, but in other cases the distinction is clear.

The point I wanted to make was: Were you two even talking about the same fight in the 2 posts?
    Nobody mentioned any specific fight. I said that maybe I want to focus one target and while cleaving with starfall, he said that that's padding, without mentioning any fight, so he was talking in general. Now he admits it can actually be useful.

If you really want to, go ahead and read the whole conversation. Let's not change the topic to this.

Are you guys concerned that stellar flare is the go-to talent in any situation (don't know about pvp)?

Deleted
    My guild tanked the boss on the adds and all i did was sunfire them when they were stacked and keep starfall running while single targeting boss. on that many mobs it didnt seem worth it to hurricane the damage it did was terrible compared to starfall.

here are logs i got last pull was pretty much boss dead.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&fight=10

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody mentioned any specific fight. I said that maybe I want to focus one target and while cleaving with starfall, he said that that's padding, without mentioning any fight, so he was talking in general. Now he admits it can actually be useful.

If you really want to, go ahead and read the whole conversation. Let's not change the topic to this.

Are you guys concerned that stellar flare is the go-to talent in any situation (don't know about pvp)?
    I do recall specifically pointing out klaxxi and protectors in toes. Running starfall there on live IS padding, but it's also a single target dps loss not to. If we were to re-do those fights with WOD starfall, its only padding.

As I said along side Mira you could go full ham AOEing the adds, but it isn't efficient to do so, the way the boss is intended is for the adds to die to coincidental that isn't detrimental to single target dps in the long run. Yes using charges on starfall will lower your boss dps, but the amount you lose on boss dps will be returned 10 fold on adds that actually need to be killed so its a good trade off.

Stop derailing the thread just for the sake of being a douche, and try to stay on topic.

Flare is even more powerfull in PVP tbh, this shows that either flare is too op, or the other talents are designed poorly.

However my main concern is how some specs randomly have different talents in tier 100. I thought the idea was you had 3 choices in each tier, and they were the same for every spec in that given class. (Take shamans for example) but monks randomly get 1 diff spell if theyre bm instead of ww, and feral gets completely dif talents to balance. It makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-08-01 at 04:47 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

At the moment Stellar Flare is the Go-To talent in every situation.
    Balance of Power is just unimaginary and extremely boring talent, theres just no reason to take it since the rotation is so simple already.
    Euphoria needs somekind of buff, preferably on the empowerment side. With that it'd be the talent to go for pure single (and sometimes even for pvp, due to faster empowered casts etc). However Euphoria is nearly as dull as Balance of Power

Quote Originally Posted by Driizy View Post
    My guild tanked the boss on the adds and all i did was sunfire them when they were stacked and keep starfall running while single targeting boss. on that many mobs it didnt seem worth it to hurricane the damage it did was terrible compared to starfall.
    Hurricane is just as bad (if not even worse) as it is on live, a huge joke for a spell called "aoe".

Atleast i can see one good place to use AC for padding purposes...

However my main concern is how some specs randomly have different talents in tier 100. I thought the idea was you had 3 choices in each tier, and they were the same for every spec in that given class. (Take shamans for example) but monks randomly get 1 diff spell if theyre bm instead of ww, and feral gets completely dif talents to balance. It makes no sense to me.
    Its just too hard to make talents for a class that has 3 (or 4) different roles. Or talents would just be a mess to read + names wouldnt make any sense. Personally i have no problem having different set of DPS/Tank/Heal talents as long as the utility ones are the same.
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-01 at 04:57 PM.

That one was for a general case. This is for a specific fight.
    I didn't mention any specific fight
    You were responding to a post about a specific fight.