10+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain what the new Dream of Cenarius is supposed to mean?

does Moonfire/Sunfire become a heal that can be cast on allies? or is the damage done converted into random healing on an ally (atonement style)?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Everytime you use moonfire/sunfire at max power, it heals an injured player for 300% of your spell power, basically a 2nd ysera's gift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    How are you defining "reasonable amount"? By my calculations, StF needs something over 71% Mastery for its direct damage to beat the DPS of an empowered Starfire in CA.

Stellar Flare Coef: 94.5%, gets to double-dips Mastery (*1.71) and has a 1.5s cast, giving 107.7% SP/s.
    Stellar Flare benefits from both eclipses, so during CA you only need about 30.75% Eclipse Bonus (which is almost given by eclipse itself) to reach your quoted amount.

Stellar Flare Coef: 94.5(1.3075²)/1.5=107.7% SP/s

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Eh This is some WOD Arena for people interested.
    It was for shits n giggles but still worth a look during this information drought

Quote Originally Posted by mhaq View Post
    Stellar Flare benefits from both eclipses, so during CA you only need about 30.75% Eclipse Bonus (which is almost given by eclipse itself) to reach your quoted amount.

In the post you quoted I was only listing the things that StF has that SF doesn't. StF double-dips (1.71*1.71), while SF single-dips (1.71). So what StF has that SF doesn't is a single 1.71. They both have other things that will increase their damage (crit, vers, multistrike), but since they apply equally to both spells, I didn't list them.

Quote Originally Posted by mhaq View Post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...3nQ/edit#gid=0
    That should help out a little (as long as the math is correct..)

Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    Eh This is some WOD Arena for people interested.
    It was for shits n giggles but still worth a look during this information drought
    That was just painful to watch...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Thanks! I copied it to make some personal adjustments to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Everytime you use moonfire/sunfire at max power, it heals an injured player for 300% of your spell power, basically a 2nd ysera's gift.
    And it's total crap compared to the old version that gave and instant HT I hardly see any effect of it. While soloing I prefer NV much more now as it actually can save me and helps a lot while soloing some harder hitting minibosses.

That should help out a little (as long as the math is correct..).
    Thanks!

For anyone wondering, the 58.66 in the formula for cell B5 is 88/1.5. 1/88 is the conversion from mastery "rating" to mastery, and 1.5 is the amount of eclipse bonus we get from 1 mastery.

And it's total crap compared to the old version that gave and instant HT I hardly see any effect of it. While soloing I prefer NV much more now as it actually can save me and helps a lot while soloing some harder hitting minibosses.
    Saves a GCD (and maybe mana, I'm not sure if the old one was free or not). Smart heals are no longer very smart. HT is 10% stronger than the new DoC if used on somebody else. 65% stronger if used on yourself.

it's useless if it isn't healing people that need it. I want a DoC talent back... Was looking forward to actually doing some "hybrid" stuff of microing the raid hp+ my own rotation, but ofc they ruined that too.

That's a cool spreadsheet!

If I've done it correctly it's at 1541 mastery rating that StFl and SF are the same (during CA). After that, StFl starts moving ahead.

10+ Year Old Account

'I'M GOING HAM!!!11!1' Then stands there for 3 seconds casting starfire
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    in my opinion the "new rotation" sucks.
    we are still low on AoE and it feels like we are casting like old age pensioners.

nature's grace was a pain in the ass, but now a 3 s starfire is a silly joke. it would be ok, if it would hit like a chaos bolt, so that you have the feeling that the 3 s are worth it....

hopefully they will change a few things, especially the numbers. they have to fix our AoE and also our single target damage to compete to the new max utility mages and hunters. mages who are able to cast time warp and also a buff to raise the incoming heal of the group by 12 % and also do very high dps vs. boomkins with low AoE and single target dps and without tranq is really not balanced....

but i can imagine the word when everything goes live from blizzard: everything is balanced and all fine
    Last edited by mmoc35afae7d8f; 2014-08-03 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    in my opinion the "new rotation" sucks.
    we are still low on AoE and it feels like we are casting like old age pensioners.

nature's grace was a pain in the ass, but now a 3 s starfire is a silly joke. it would be ok, if it would hit like a chaos bolt, so that you have the feeling that the 3 s are worth it....

hopefully they will change a few things, especially the numbers. they have to fix our AoE and also our single target damage to compete to the new max utility mages and hunters. mages who are able to cast time warp and also a buff to raise the incoming heal of the group by 12 % and also do very high dps vs. boomkins with low AoE and single target dps and without tranq is really not balanced....

but i can imagine the word when everything goes live from blizzard: everything is balanced and all fine
    They've not balanced any numbers yet, from what I've seen from raid testing boomkins are in a pretty good spot atm. That being said we suck in 5mans (do we scale that well?) but honestly I'm hoping the classes we're losing to are just broken atm (hello mages with their mirror images, and enhance shamans with with 100k dps firenovas). Starfall looks so powerful, but its hitting kinda weak atm, or is sunfall just ticking like a boss? I'm not sure. Again in 5mans where I feel starfall should be doing crazy deeps it doesn't even out dps sunfire/flare, but I guess if it did it'd be too op for a cast/forget spell. #endrant
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Considering starfall is on the limited charge system, it should hit like a truck in lunar tbh.

I think the real strength of Starfall is intended to be the 40-yard radius cleave (and that it is instant cast). In a lot of 5-mans, most targets are clustered around the tank, so it can't really shine in those fights.

Considering starfall is a one button AoE with no target cap, its not supposed to hit that hard. Its just going to be good when there alot of targets / when targets are wide spread.

The reason we suck at 5mans is that our AoE still takes alot of time to setup properly, and since trash packs tend to die in ~10-20seconds it just isnt enough.

Current single target balance seems to be alright (apart from mages and warriors being over the top and some classes being a little behind (like enha shamans))

I'm more concerned about our talents, specially T100 ones. ATM Stellar Flare is the only way to go in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Lmao i loled at this!

Was meaning more of the fact that there was like only 1 cats of Stellar Flare... ontop of everything else

No, he meant he has a Ham.