Page 1 of 142
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    212

    Moonkin patchnotes

    So, unless I overread the druid notes 20 times I do not see any love towards us


    someone feeling my feels?

  2. #2
    Nothig about us Let's hope they add a minor glyph that changes moonking form into an Arrakoa or something.

  3. #3
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,624
    Symbiosis is removed now..there goes even more survivability from us.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #4
    Im really fuckin upset that there is no info on boomkins at all. Whatever. :\

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Symbiosis is removed now..there goes even more survivability from us.
    No because we gain survival instincts on a 2 min cooldown which is 70% damage reduction

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Im really fuckin upset that there is no info on boomkins at all. Whatever. :\
    I know I'm gutted

  6. #6
    And it's not like we need MASSIVE changes, boomies are in a pretty good spot, but just some form of recognition like "We did this because this" for boomkins would have been nice.

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    And it's not like we need MASSIVE changes, boomies are in a pretty good spot, but just some form of recognition like "We did this because this" for boomkins would have been nice.
    To be fair I was hoping for some changes. I like it and all. But I just can't sit around doing the same shit with the eclipse bar again. That will get removed by an op talent/glyph which removes downtime between them. So yeh...

  8. #8
    Theyre making it so DoC finishes CD on SS when you reach eclipse, instead of having to use HT

  9. #9
    Field Marshal voxTree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    98
    Look at the MMOChamp front page and read about our new talents and the class perks we get on the way to level 100...

    I am one happy moonkin! They gave us pretty much every quality of life change we've been begging for for years. We also got a lot of help in the PVP department, loads of instant-cast nukes/heals now.
    Last edited by voxTree; 2014-04-04 at 01:34 AM.

  10. #10
    We have a real 90 talent now. What is there not to get excited about.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    We have a real 90 talent now. What is there not to get excited about.
    Did I miss something?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruney View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Balance: Casting Healing Touch no longer increases the damage bonus of the Druid’s next Eclipse. Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Starsurge.


    Entering Eclipse now gives a instant HT which procs a Starsurge. Slightly more interesting gameplay and a fix for crit dependancy in 1.

  13. #13
    Quality of life you say?

    Enhanced Starsurge - Your Starsurge generates an additional 10 Lunar or Solar energy.
    Will make every balance druid waste a lot of SS procs if you choose to take the talent "Insect Swarm"

    Insect Swarm - The old dot, nothing new, can be casted only while not in eclipse and generates eclipse power
    Will make eclipse more unpredictable, and if 2 SS procs are all you need to reach the other eclipse, as soon as we get more Crit Rating it will be impossible to not waste dozens of procs to use that talent.

    Empowered Starfall - Your Starfall and Sunfall strike an additional target every 1 sec.
    Too bad that when there's just one target our starfall 20 stars in 10 sec always used just 10 stars, this will make the spell even worse in single target without a fix.
    Blizzard always claimed it was supposed to hit with half the stars, when it was clearly a bug because no other classes in wow have damage dealing cooldowns acting like that.

    Empowered Wrath, Starfire, Sunfire/Moonfire - increase damage by 20%
    This helps to make the talent Equinox that keep us always in eclipse even better than Insect Swarm, because MF/SuF would alwyas benefit from this passive buff with the talent (but you already know that insect swarm only outside eclipse sucks anyways)
    Also every class got this, won't make us special, just a better scaling that could be hidden in the dmg formula during past expansions

    Sunfall - Morph Starfall into Sunfall while in solar eclipse
    Too bad that Starfall still suffers from the bug I've written before.....

    Enhanced Storms - Every 1 sec, your Hurricane and Astral Storm will generate 10 Lunar or Solar energy, whichever is more beneficial to you.
    Moonkins always complained that hurricane is low damage and eat nature grace uptime, they make it move the eclipse bar.
    WTF the more you channel it the faster you exit from eclipse making it deal a lot less damage?

    Enhanced Mushrooms - Each time your Hurricane or Astral Storm deals damage, your Wild Mushrooms will grow, dealing 5% additional damage, up to a maximum of 300%.
    We suck at dealing AoE damage because hurricane is too low dmg and they ask us to waste time planting 3 Mushrooms while everyone else in the raid deals insane damage, then start to hurricane (that will bring us out eclipse nerfing the Shrooms damage) and then detonate, ALL OF THAT PRAYING THAT THE TANK DIDN'T MOVE THE ADDS !!!



    Conclusion?
    NOT a single druid will ever choose a talent other than EQUINOX:
    - 100% uptime eclipse benefit the new Hurricane because you can't be moved by it outside eclipse nerfing your own damage
    - SuF/MF passive damage increase doesn't benefit the talent Insect Swarm
    - Incarnation 100% uptime with the talent
    - Choosing another talent means that while not in eclipse 2 Starsurge (50 energy each) brings you into eclipse giving you no time to cast Insect Swarm, or wasting SS procs to cast it.





    ----

    forgot to mention that while "pruning abilities" they took away a versatile raid cooldown / survival ability for druids: Symbiosis to replace with another spell that Feral and Guardian druids already had: Survival Instict....won't affect balance survivability and won't reduce keybings for us, but took away a cooldown from Ferals and Guardians and Raid Utility.
    Last edited by Meldon; 2014-04-04 at 02:33 AM.

  14. #14
    Yeah, I thought they totally missed the reason for hating AoE as a Balance Druid, it wasn't eclipse movement per se, it was Nature's Grace uptime. Sure moving the eclipse bar will help with NG uptime but it pushes me out of an eclipse unless I talent for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Balance: Casting Healing Touch no longer increases the damage bonus of the Druid’s next Eclipse. Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Starsurge.


    Entering Eclipse now gives a instant HT which procs a Starsurge. Slightly more interesting gameplay and a fix for crit dependancy in 1.
    I read it as Healing touch becomes instant only and Starsurge just gets its cooldown reset but still needs a hard cast. I could be confused by how you are using "proc" in this instance, I assume you meant instant Starsurge.
    Last edited by Broodling67; 2014-04-04 at 02:23 AM.

  15. #15
    Linked my reply to Celestalon's twitter page I hope someone will read it because lvl 100 talents seems locked to Equinox to me for balance druids nad IS totally unviable option.
    Last edited by Meldon; 2014-04-04 at 02:31 AM.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral dashflash890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,029
    It was a meh to me.
    You must be a racist if you don't agree with me.

  17. #17
    My solution for AoE ?

    Make Wild Mushrooms grow with spells casted near them, make them "absorb magical power".

    We plant them and the insane spam of other classes makes them stronger, while we contribute it ourself casting DoTs if there are few targets or channelling hurricane if there are a lot.
    This way the time spend casting them is not a waste of damage.
    If by the time they are charged the tank moved the adds, we can move the shrooms and retain the extra damage like Resto Druids retain extra healing.

    Something like Warlock's Seed of Corruption
    Last edited by Meldon; 2014-04-04 at 02:40 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Broodling67 View Post
    I read it as Healing touch becomes instant only and Starsurge just gets its cooldown reset but still needs a hard cast. I could be confused by how you are using "proc" in this instance, I assume you meant instant Starsurge.
    How is that confusing at all. You enter an Eclipse, you gain an instant cast HT proc, you use that HT, you get a Starsurge.

  19. #19
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,624
    "Your Moonkin Form grants an additional 100% armor increase."

    How did they know? This is just what i wanted!!! >.>. It feels like they ran out of ideas ,"Well what do you think we can give them?" then the next guy says "Well we gave them armor last time.." "Perfect!"

    I think it is hilarious a expansion agot hey were complaining about 20% increases and etc and trying to get rid of them but they go ahead and do it again...huh?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  20. #20
    screw symbi, biggest pain in the rear when people respecced anyway or multiple druids in 1 raid. 70% on SI? omfg unkillable... and we keep 1 minute 20% DR skin. Pretty happy.
    Atm I am just focused on where utility is going. It's hard to say how good those talents are unless you actually play with them. Starfall is going to hit 3 targets now as a leveling perk which makes the sunfall talent more attractive. (problem is I can't tell if the number of stars will still be capped)

    tranq looks to be less smart healing too. Heals every person in raid, not 5 lowest.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-04-04 at 03:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •