I wonder how much damage the unbuffed Mushrooms will deal. MoP or Cata level?

Datamining today makes 0 sense. Nerfing fungal growth to 5yard radius when we don't have a built in slow like every other spec. Starfall thing is just nonsense. datamining is poop or devs r on drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how about that Starfall change in the new patch?

Starfall
    You summon a flurry of stars from the sky which strike targets within 40 yards of you that you're in combat with. Deals [ 25.3% of Spell Power ] Arcane damage to up to 2 targets every 5 sec or until cancelled. Triggering a Lunar Eclipse resets the cooldown of this spell. Shapeshifting into an animal form or mounting cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the Starfall effect. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Am I reading this right? So... we pop an Eclipse, turn on Sunfall/Starfall and it just does it's thing until we either turn it off or hit the next Eclipse?

Sounds weird but I actually kind of like it.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Datamining today makes 0 sense. Nerfing fungal growth to 5yard radius when we don't have a built in slow like every other spec. Starfall thing is just nonsense. datamining is poop or devs r on drugs.
    Maybe it's a new glyph that makes Starfall a permanent aura and nerfs the tick rate. Or maybe the glyph makes it last longer for the exchange of longer ticks but Eclipses refresh the buff which also plays well with the Sunfall talent (Solar refreshes to Sunfall and Lunar to Starfall).

One can hope right?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Maybe it's a new glyph that makes Starfall a permanent aura and nerfs the tick rate. Or maybe the glyph makes it last longer for the exchange of longer ticks but Eclipses refresh the buff which also plays well with the Sunfall talent (Solar refreshes to Sunfall and Lunar to Starfall).

One can hope right?
    you would have to spend a gcd to refresh when u hit solar I assume. And instead of decent aoe/cleave it essentially becomes a mediocre passive that's up all the time? No thanks go back to 10sec duration 1 star every second.

Why change something that works fine atm? It's not even scary burst in pvp. Don't change what is working fine. If anything starfall needed a small buff (which it got through leveling perks). Hitting every 5 seconds is dumb idk how it could be beneficial unless you eclipse camp.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-04-17 at 01:15 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    you would have to spend a gcd to refresh when u hit solar I assume. And instead of decent aoe/cleave it essentially becomes a mediocre passive that's up all the time? No thanks go back to 10sec duration 1 star every second.
    I actually quite like the idea. Imagine walking around through the world and pulling everything (because we all know starfall will be broken next expansion, does it work as intended now? idk). More seriously though, starfall usage atm is pretty braindead and a passive effect that scales up to 2-3 targets dealing constant damage sounds fine to me.

It's a huge nerf either way. Depends on how long cycle times last, but starfall, even at tier 14 gear levels only just barely lasted the duration of lunar eclipse. It hits for significantly less outside of eclipse. It's going to hit 2-3 times max buffed then once during uneclipsed portion. It's a terrible awful change.

The only way this could even be a little bit good would be if nature's grace is removed and you can camp solar for aoe. Otherwise it's horrible and a massive nerf.

There's no reason to nerf it since it wasn't even remotely good burst. should have been buffed or returned to WotLK status (w/o the stun). Idk how you would like hitting every 5seconds. what a joke that is.

This must be an intermediate change as I'm not entirely sure what the point of Lunar Eclipse resetting Starfall's cooldown is if Starfall is going to last until cancelled.

It's a huge nerf either way. Depends on how long cycle times last, but starfall, even at tier 14 gear levels only just barely lasted the duration of lunar eclipse. It hits for significantly less outside of eclipse. It's going to hit 2-3 times max buffed then once during uneclipsed portion. It's a terrible awful change.

The only way this could even be a little bit good would be if nature's grace is removed and you can camp solar for aoe. Otherwise it's horrible and a massive nerf.

There's no reason to nerf it since it wasn't even remotely good burst. should have been buffed or returned to WotLK status (w/o the stun). Idk how you would like hitting every 5seconds. what a joke that is.
    You're saying things are nerfs without any numbers. It is a mechanical change...

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You're saying things are nerfs without any numbers. It is a mechanical change...
    How is it possibly a good change? I don't really care if it hits for more damage per tick and the damage overall is equal after the change. It makes the ability more boring. It makes starfall passive and not a cooldown I can use when needed for burst.

They keep moving further and further in the wrong direction with starfall. It started in MoP when they made starfall reset when entering lunar.

How is it possibly a good change? I don't really care if it hits for more damage per tick and the damage overall is equal after the change. It makes the ability more boring. It makes starfall passive and not a cooldown I can use when needed for burst.

They keep moving further and further in the wrong direction with starfall. It started in MoP when they made starfall reset when entering lunar.
    It's not a good change, it's not a bad change, it's a change. You're screaming that it's a nerf without actually knowing any other changes around it. Even the wording of the new tooltip seems somewhat off so I'd guess it's not as simple as some people are suggesting. Wait for more information before just yelling because you really don't have any idea what is happening at this stage.

I think it's time for me to main another class.

This is the time for them to fix the miriad of problems that Balance has and all they're doing is stupid shit like watering mushrooms.

I know it's still alpha but good god.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    I think it's time for me to main another class.

This is the time for them to fix the miriad of problems that Balance has and all they're doing is stupid shit like watering mushrooms.

I know it's still alpha but good god.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Next thing patch notes moonkins will be tending to their egg nests instead of dpsing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's not a good change, it's not a bad change, it's a change. You're screaming that it's a nerf without actually knowing any other changes around it. Even the wording of the new tooltip seems somewhat off so I'd guess it's not as simple as some people are suggesting. Wait for more information before just yelling because you really don't have any idea what is happening at this stage.
    I'm not concerned with the numbers balancing side of things right now - they can tune that in later. What it definitely does, however, is reduce the number of guaranteed eclipse-buffed stars by having a passive. We are already slow casters - starfires are painfully slow, and we are can't quite run-and-gun like some of our ranged brethren. This change slows us down further. We're slow in AOE damage too with this whole 'watering' concept, which I still don't know how it works the way Celestion has stated.

So far, I'm not truly excited about the boomy for WoD. I'd much rather play my Monk or perhaps swap to my Mage / Lock / Hunter as they seem to be offering at least some exciting and/or dramatic changes that I can look forward to.

Our playstyle has been way too stagnant - and it still resembles the LK model a lot (2 dots, 1 of the 2 nukes + Starfall + Starsurge*). I don't think any other spec in the game plays so similar to their playstyle from 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Our playstyle has been way too stagnant - and it still resembles the LK model a lot (2 dots, 1 of the 2 nukes + Starfall + Starsurge*). I don't think any other spec in the game plays so similar to their playstyle from 6 years ago.
    Except that Starsurge was added in Cata pre-patch (4.0.1), which is roughly 3½ years ago.
    Every class still resembles their playstyle from the past. Like dot classes, get dots up and cast filler spell...

Starfall change means that we'll have 1 less gcd in our rotation, so as long as the dmg from it stays the same it'll be an dps upgrade. (but hey, im glad if people are leaving the class because of the changes. It'll make moonkin community way better without the never ending whine.)

it didn't actually change as far as I understand. This was added to the front page notes: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...35972159950849
    They probably reprogrammed it for whatever reason and it made the tooltip come out wrong. Thankfully it looks like starfall will still behave similarly as today (except one more target) since a permanent aura would have been incredibly stupid.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Except that Starsurge was added in Cata pre-patch (4.0.1), which is roughly 3½ years ago.
    Every class still resembles their playstyle from the past. Like dot classes, get dots up and cast filler spell...

Starfall change means that we'll have 1 less gcd in our rotation, so as long as the dmg from it stays the same it'll be an dps upgrade. (but hey, im glad if people are leaving the class because of the changes. It'll make moonkin community way better without the never ending whine.)
    I know Starsurge was added in Cata, hence my original * on it. I'm not whining about the changes, just stating the potential problems it brings. I never understood why any form of negativity is considered whining nowadays. The classes I played most in Cata were my Druid (most), Hunter (2nd most), Warrior (PVE tank). Both my other two classes play significantly different now than they played in the LK days. Even the other traditional 'dot' specs (Affliction, Spriest), play a lot differently now than they did in LK.

Even our model dates back to BC which makes it 'feel' a lot outdated. Don't get me wrong, I still love my moonkin, just that as age catches up with me, I'm perhaps looking for a more 'easier to master' spec than the Laser Chicken. (hats off to you btw for doing as good as u do Lappe!)
    Last edited by roxfm; 2014-04-17 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Meant to type LK instead of Cata in that context

I know Starsurge was added in Cata, hence my original * on it. I'm not whining about the changes, just stating the potential problems it brings. I never understood why any form of negativity is considered whining nowadays. The classes I played most in Cata were my Druid (most), Hunter (2nd most), Warrior (PVE tank). Both my other two classes play significantly different now than they played in the Cata days. Even the other traditional 'dot' specs (Affliction, Spriest), play a lot differently now than they did in LK.

Even our model dates back to BC which makes it 'feel' a lot outdated. Don't get me wrong, I still love my moonkin, just that as age catches up with me, I'm perhaps looking for a more 'easier to master' spec than the Laser Chicken. (hats off to you btw for doing as good as u do Lappe!)
    I honestly feel that Blizzard thinks of the Balance spec as a mistake and if given the chance they'd probably remove it.

It barely gets talked about, they don't know what to do with it hence why it feels so archaic and whenever it's brought up it's either ignored or it seems like the devs are short with the playerbase.

Id there was a WoW 2 I'd bet my Druid there'd be no Balance spec.

I know Starsurge was added in Cata, hence my original * on it. I'm not whining about the changes, just stating the potential problems it brings. I never understood why any form of negativity is considered whining nowadays. The classes I played most in Cata were my Druid (most), Hunter (2nd most), Warrior (PVE tank). Both my other two classes play significantly different now than they played in the LK days. Even the other traditional 'dot' specs (Affliction, Spriest), play a lot differently now than they did in LK.
    Because negativity usually involves whining. And more or less every topic the past few weeks (ever since first notes came out) about moonkin haven been more or less whiny. Even this topic starts with a whine.

I've played more or less every class, atleast up to max level, in every expansion since TBC and i feel they're all doing very much the same thing. One or two abilities have changed but its still the same. TBH moonkins have changed the most due to eclipse system revamps.

Deleted
    Seems odd that they kept the starfall is cancelled upon shapeshifting function, if anything it would be nice for it to just be suppressed