For the first ever application of each dots in a boss fight, do you apply it both at start and peak of eclipse so that in subsequent applications you always benefit from the boosted initial damage, but also get more uptime at the beginning of the fight?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it just took me 15 minutes of combat in Shatt, with both singletarget and AoE alternating to start getting lagskipes. I was about to report I still didn't have any problems. However when I got them did they get worse quite rapidly. At the 20min mark when I stopped I had some solid 2 sec lag spikes, but nothing worse than that.

This could be to do with the fact that both times I went there testing it was completely deserted? I've noticed before that just being around people in combat in Shatt I'll start losing fps gradually, going from 100 normally to 30 fps after afking like 10 mins (while never entering combat).

I just tested force of nature for 1hr, 5min test for 60mins. Average dps was 29,6k burst: 55k
    My logs bugged out but my stats was as follows:

int:1,608%
    crit:39,08%
    haste:25,9%
    mastery: 75,08%
    multistrike: 7,6%
    Veri: 3%
    spellpower: 2,248%

Raids buffs/other buffs:
    Mop pot 2x+ Mark of wild, no flask no raid buffs

GeaR:
    copy char lvl 90 my main driud- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bdirkin/simple

Opener:
    pot+starsurge+CA+Moonfire, 3x treeants, used empowred starfires and re-dot then normal rotation.
    Thoughts:
    Force of nature might actually be a viable talent once again, even though soft looks really strong, if anyone else has tested out Fon please give your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Starfall could not be used on Nagrand mount in the last patch. Can someone check now?
    Personally i checked it in Ulduar first boss vehicles, worked just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    For the first ever application of each dots in a boss fight, do you apply it both at start and peak of eclipse so that in subsequent applications you always benefit from the boosted initial damage, but also get more uptime at the beginning of the fight?
    Did some napkin math, and the difference between using moonfire at peak times vs just anywhere else is somewhat +-0
    With sunfire, trying to get 100% uptime with solar peaks tend to get "difficult" and losing any sunfire uptime will result in a dps loss compared to using sunfire at the start and the end of solar eclipse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    I just tested force of nature for 1hr, 5min test for 60mins. Average dps was 29,6k burst: 55k
    My logs bugged out but my stats was as follows:

Raids buffs/other buffs:
    Mop pot 2x+ Mark of wild, no flask no raid buffs

Opener:
    pot+starsurge+CA+Moonfire, 3x treeants, used empowred starfires and re-dot then normal rotation.
    Thoughts:
    Force of nature might actually be a viable talent once again, even though soft looks really strong, if anyone else has tested out Fon please give your thoughts!
    how many % of your damage was treants?

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Did some napkin math, and the difference between using moonfire at peak times vs just anywhere else is somewhat +-0
    With sunfire, trying to get 100% uptime with solar peaks tend to get "difficult" and losing any sunfire uptime will result in a dps loss compared to using sunfire at the start and the end of solar eclipse.
    On single target? Getting sunfire 100% uptime is as simple as dotting once at 1 and once at 100 solar energy. Doesn't seem like there is a reason to not utilize solar peak at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    Having 1608% int and 2248% SP would be nice, but i think you need to lay off on the %s a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    On single target? Getting sunfire 100% uptime is as simple as dotting once at 1 and once at 100 solar energy. Doesn't seem like there is a reason to not utilize solar peak at this time.
    Ah yeah, the solar peak buff actually lasts 5 seconds instead of being up when we're at 100 energy, makes it way easier to code something for it when the window increases by nearly 27%
    But even then you might get into situations where sunfire debuff drops, anyhow its not that big of a dps increase to use it at peak times for those who have trouble with it

So if there is no "Snapshotting" in WoD, during the rotation is it worth reapplying moonfire/sunfire at their solar/lunar peak for the initail damage or would we just be reapplying as they fall off? or is that not considered snapshotting? I guess im asking does your dot tick increase damage as you peak or is it set damage from when you cast it. I hope im not too confusing lol

Ah yeah, the solar peak buff actually lasts 5 seconds instead of being up when we're at 100 energy, makes it way easier to code something for it when the window increases by nearly 27%
    But even then you might get into situations where sunfire debuff drops, anyhow its not that big of a dps increase to use it at peak times for those who have trouble with it
    I mean in a thread where people were complaining about there being "little to no dps difference" between a good and a great player, it seems like that type of behavior shouldn't be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Papyscrap View Post
    So if there is no "Snapshotting" in WoD, during the rotation is it worth reapplying moonfire/sunfire at their solar/lunar peak for the initail damage or would we just be reapplying as they fall off? or is that not considered snapshotting? I guess im asking does your dot tick increase damage as you peak or is it set damage from when you cast it. I hope im not too confusing lol
    There is no snapshotting in any form for us. In older beta builds our dots would snapshot the eclipse level they were cast at, so 100 lunar/solar were the mandatory refresh points. While this behavior gave us stronger dots than we have currently, it also pretty much annihilated our ability to dps on the move. So instead dots update dynamically with our eclipse level so we can spam our dots to retain some damage if/when we have to move during an encounter. The "peaks" we're talking about are a 5sec buff you get whenever you hit lunar/solar 100 energy, which increase the direct damage of the applied dot for 1 cast by 100%.
    Last edited by Gapezilla; 2014-08-12 at 04:43 PM.

default UI taking a big step up this build
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-10-31 at 04:11 AM.

Deleted
    they should remove the direct damage increase, because it's nonsense and not worth it, to time your dot reapplying for that.
    the whole rotation at the moment is really boring thinking about rerolling with wod. aoe dps still has a very long breath and is way to complicated compared to other 1-gg-button-bomber.
    before level 100, we have 4 spells lol
    the change with moonfire and sunfire (1 button, but both dots can be up) is only worse. i think that the system with cataclysm was way better to deal with.
    normally there should be no problem to get both nearly up to 100%, but if you have a lot moving etc.. it is just a mess. you want to apply mf or sf, but you don't have it because you are in the wrong phase.

auto cycling sucks. there is no control....

and that 3 s starfire is still a pain in the ass.

---

changing class mechanics is quite a good idea, but they only changed it because they thought that moonkin has to get something changed. there is really no idea behind the changing.
    moonkin still underpowered for cm's because of that complicated aoe and the ability to not control the dmg output because of nobrain auto-cycling.
    Last edited by mmoc35afae7d8f; 2014-08-12 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    they should remove the direct damage increase, because it's nonsense and not worth it, to time you dot reapplying for that.
    it wouldnt be there if it's not worth it and if it's not atm it will be tuned to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    it wouldnt be there if it's not worth it and if it's not atm it will be tuned to be.
    nope. only possibility is to increase the direct dmg boost for that to make it viable or a "must" to refresh when at peak. but that will not happen coz of pvp .

oh and btw because of it wouldn't be there etc...

why we have actually mushrooms for aoe? yes... they are tuned to be the #1 aoe ability...
    w8.... NOT . the main reason for shrooms is to procc trinkets.... gg for an normally aoe ability... I can remember to firelands or ds. the shrooms were viable, but everyone whined because of "they are to complicated"
    it's not an arguement, because it wouldn't be there otherwise....

at the moment on the beta we have exact one tier 100 talent; stellar flare. nice to have always a choice
    but before thinking about interessting and balanced mechanic and talents, they are ready to introduce such shit glyphs or make a new cat form etc... it's everytime the same nonsense....

the nv change is nice and also it was a must. otherwise there would be no reason to have a moonkin spot, when every other dd makes a) more st dps, b) more aoe dps and c) has better raid cd's.
    ofc for farm it's quite not relevant, but in progress you definately look on numbers and utility.
    Last edited by mmoc35afae7d8f; 2014-08-12 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    I mean in a thread where people were complaining about there being "little to no dps difference" between a good and a great player, it seems like that type of behavior shouldn't be encouraged.
    Its just an option for those who arent skilled enough.

- - - Updated - - -

rantrantrant
    Please say something meaningful or make a claim about something instead of ranting and rumbling around

Actually it doesn't really matter, cause I ignored CA when i thought of that. You would already have dots running so my question is kinda nil now.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Actually it doesn't really matter, cause I ignored CA when i thought of that. You would already have dots running so my question is kinda nil now.
    Only for single target boss fights, whenever adds or whatnot come / boss goes to immune phase, your question becomes relevant

Deleted
    at the moment on the beta we have exact one tier 100 talent; stellar flare. nice to have always a choice
    but before thinking about interessting and balanced mechanic and talents, they are ready to introduce such shit glyphs or make a new cat form etc... it's everytime the same nonsense....
    It's not the same people working on class design and cosmetics. What would you have them do, have everybody working at blizzard spent 1 week designing a class, then the next week everybody sits down with a pen and starts drawing art? You're right that BoP and Euphoria need to change somehow, but as it happens, the game hasn't released yet, there's still time. They can't get everything perfect first attempt.

the nv change is nice and also it was a must. otherwise there would be no reason to have a moonkin spot, when every other dd makes a) more st dps, b) more aoe dps and c) has better raid cd's.
    ofc for farm it's quite not relevant, but in progress you definately look on numbers and utility.
    Tuning hasn't happened yet, stop complaining about numbers. NV isn't our only raid utility.

First off, few if any other DPS (Arms warriors come to mind). actually outdps moonkin right now, and that's WITH the ridiculous freezing going on. It gets even more insane the more targets you add. Of course, tuning hasn't happened and they will tune the damage down a bit.

Flapping Owl is probably my favorite part of the notes today.