Deleted
    So when's the optimal time to refresh your dots? At Lunar/Solar peak (so you benefit from the double moonfire direct dmg), or close to the center of the eclipse bar (so you use the peaks for empowered nukes)?

Deleted
    lunar you refresh with the peak buff, solar you refresh as soon as you enter solar and just before the peak buff expires.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2014-08-26 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    lunar you refresh with the peak buff, solar you refresh as soon as you enter solar and just before the peak buff expires.
    maybe dumb question...why? Isnt the only difference that solar spreads to nearby enemies?

Deleted
    solar is 24 sec., lunar is 40 sec..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Lets fill up all classes with This and everybody is happy
    Starfire, to me, feels like Anand's fourth move in THIS speed chess game. It's the right move it's just a long time coming

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    solar is 24 sec., lunar is 40 sec..
    Yea.. kinda wish moonfire was 42sec, just for the simple factor that i hate even losing a milisecond of it's uptime, sunfire doesn't get the same problem with it's 24sec.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    That list is so biased, its unbelievable. I could make a similar list, that differentiates stuff like solar and lunar empowerment (really?). That list would've around 3-4 times more stuff to be concerned about on current live vs current beta.
    Fox News would claim it's biased.

WOD ST Moonkin:
    Press 1 or 2 a lot
    Press 3 on occasion.
    Press 4 on occasion.

MOP ST Moonkin:
    Press 1 or 2 or 3 a lot
    Press 4 when needed.
    Press 5 when needed.
    Press 6 occasionally.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

I keep seeing such overwhelming negative feedback about boomkin on the wod beta, but from all the footage I've seen it actually makes me interested in the class. At the risk of being feather slapped, I think it looks fun. I've never played it before, so is it really that boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Fox News would claim it's biased.

WOD ST Moonkin:
    Press 1 or 2 a lot
    Press 3 on occasion.
    Press 4 on occasion.

MOP ST Moonkin:
    Press 1 or 2 or 3 a lot
    Press 4 when needed.
    Press 5 when needed.
    Press 6 occasionally.
    But thats just buttons you press, nothing about what you have to consider when pressing them.

But if you want to play it that way, i can make 95% of our single target dps with one macro. 1 button vs 6, I won?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I keep seeing such overwhelming negative feedback about boomkin on the wod beta, but from all the footage I've seen it actually makes me interested in the class. At the risk of being feather slapped, I think it looks fun. I've never played it before, so is it really that boring?
    PvE single target rotation is boring. Its fun for pvp and leveling (thanks to Starfall)
    PvE encounters with multiple targets and moving makes it alot more interesting (but still the new eclipse mechanic is something I personally hate )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Yea.. kinda wish moonfire was 42sec, just for the simple factor that i hate even losing a milisecond of it's uptime, sunfire doesn't get the same problem with it's 24sec.
    Agreed. Most of this can be avoided by using MF during first lunar peak (after CA), should make your first MF 52 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    It get's interesting when you have additional adds in a boss fight as you have extra things to think about for example

1. Is there a particular add that needs burst damage and therefore do i need to store up starsurge charges and how many will i require to meet the dps requirement without having an overall negative effect to my rotation.

2. Lots of adds, should i starfall (probably yes) and how many dots do i need to apply, this is made more interesting by the fact that our eclipse bar is now always moving when dotting, if we want to gain maximum damage from starfall is it worth using astral communion between eclipse peaks to gain better overall damage from dots and starfall on adds.

The second is something that hasn't really been worked on much yet as its pointless until we know final values, but for adds that are going to require a sustained aoe rotation the way we utilise our spells on an ever changing eclipse bar seems so far to be looking like the most interesting aspect.

Deleted
    i dont really mind the changes to starsurge/starfall and the empowerement stuff, but the automatic eclipse bar is just too much. They should simply revert it to the manual eclipse bar with the following changes:

1. revert to MoP style eclipse bar.
    2. when we reach the eclipse, we get a lunar (solar) eclipse buff, which stays for 10 seconds and gives us the full lunar (solar) eclipse bonus, independent of eclipse bar position. Additionally, lunar eclipse increases haste by 15% (nature's grace) and solar eclipse makes sunfire be cast on all enemies in a radius around the target (+ maybe split wrath to hit all targets in front of the caster)

or just revert completely to the Cata/MoP style eclipse bar imho.

The more I play it, the more I'm not a fan of the new eclipse bar. I miss having control.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    i dont really mind the changes to starsurge/starfall and the empowerement stuff, but the automatic eclipse bar is just too much. They should simply revert it to the manual eclipse bar with the following changes:

1. revert to MoP style eclipse bar.
    2. when we reach the eclipse, we get a lunar (solar) eclipse buff, which stays for 10 seconds and gives us the full lunar (solar) eclipse bonus, independent of eclipse bar position. Additionally, lunar eclipse increases haste by 15% (nature's grace) and solar eclipse makes sunfire be cast on all enemies in a radius around the target (+ maybe split wrath to hit all targets in front of the caster)

or just revert completely to the Cata/MoP style eclipse bar imho.
    They dont want Haste (Gear overall) to influence the eclipse bar / affect Natures Grace Uptime.
    They dont want the playstyle (aka multi dotting, walking, single target, utility effects, even healing) to affect the time needed to get to an eclipse (mostly because of NG).

Anybody know anything about the NV change? It seems kinda odd at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Anybody know anything about the NV change? It seems kinda odd at this point.
    Didn't they just buff the numbers? At first it kinda reads like it's going back to MoP-version but after comparing it with the WoD talent calculator it looks like it's just a buff without mechanic changes (or reversions).

Hi Fellas! , im thinking in rollin Boomking , u think its worth outside PvE , and mainly focusing on PvP??
    I have play a Shaman for 6 Years but WoD Changes doesnt seem apelling to me tho.
    Any way Ty! for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzoh View Post
    Hi Fellas! , im thinking in rollin Boomking , u think its worth outside PvE , and mainly focusing on PvP??
    I have play a Shaman for 6 Years but WoD Changes doesnt seem apelling to me tho.
    Any way Ty! for the advice!
    Controlled burst is far better in WoD which is what balance struggled with when compared to mages and rogues in MoP. 30 second skin for every major dmg CD and CC chain is pretty great for pvp as well.
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-10-31 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Didn't they just buff the numbers? At first it kinda reads like it's going back to MoP-version but after comparing it with the WoD talent calculator it looks like it's just a buff without mechanic changes (or reversions).
    Reading it several times over, i'm starting to think it's just really weird wording.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Reading it several times over, i'm starting to think it's just really weird wording.
    Their attempt to over-simplify tooltips creates issues with people who are accustomed to the old format.

For example in NV, Healing causes Damage + Healing (where appropriate) of 30% of the original heal. For some reasons they felt it's clearer to say single-target damage rather than damage, which comes across as " damage and healing is increased by 30% while NV is active" if you read it out of context (context being that the whole talent tier's is to not affect dps) and without any knowledge of NV's development in WoD.

And yet they remove passives from spellbooks, which can cause overlooking during theorycrafting, because "it's confusing"...