Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Is the duration going to stack too or does it seem like it's just going to refresh to 10s every time you cast IL?
    "Each Ice Lance cast while Frozen Orb is active generates one stack of Ice Shards. When Frozen Orb ends, each application of Ice Shards reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 5% and increases the damage of Frostbolt by 5% for 10 sec."

The timer only starts at the end of Frozen Orb, and you can't acquire more stacks after the end of Frozen Orb.
    It's the 10 seconds following the end of Frozen Orb.
    Makes me wonder though, does it count as having Frozen Orb active when it's cast or when it starts dealing damage? Would you eke out a couple more ice lances by standing further away?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Each Ice Lance cast while Frozen Orb is active generates one stack of Ice Shards."
    I know that, just accidentally shorthanded it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Each Ice Lance cast while Frozen Orb is active generates one stack of Ice Shards. When Frozen Orb ends, each application of Ice Shards reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 5% and increases the damage of Frostbolt by 5% for 10 sec."

The timer only starts at the end of Frozen Orb, and you can't acquire more stacks after the end of Frozen Orb.
    It's the 10 seconds following the end of Frozen Orb.
    Makes me wonder though, does it count as having Frozen Orb active when it's cast or when it starts dealing damage? Would you eke out a couple more ice lances by standing further away?
    Ah yea that makes more sense, just overlooked that part like a derp.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also hell yes, Blizzard and Teleports while moving!

Means you can evocate while moving too, actually very useful for an arcane mage as that's back to being a limited cooldown now.

That's enough time for 3-4 Pyroblasts right? Seems pretty acceptable. Does "Activates" mean after you cast the first, or gain the buff though?

Now that the %s are smaller, I am back to assuming it stacks and applies to a single frostbolt.
    So that 4P Fire is now broken. Does this mean we spam Pyroblast only from now on? Did they forget Pyroblast can proc Hot Streak? Also, it's 4-6. 4*1.5s = 6s, and 6*1s = 6s, obs based on Haste.

Really? I got the impression that it's multiple Frostbolts for 10s. We need to remember that these only work in PvE, so maybe they're okay with having some broken set bonuses Better than having garbage ones!

Edit: LATE COMMENT IS LATE YAY! Forgot that wasn't the last page again x.x;

Actually that makes a lot more sense, one 25% faster, 125% damage frostbolt would be terribly underwhelming.
    What? You think you can only fit 5 in? That's if you have 0 Haste You can have up to 9 in a single Orb with 1s GCD.

PS: Damage was nerfed to 5% per IL as well. It's almost guaranteed to be "for 10s" not "for one Frostbolt within 10s".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Also hell yes, Blizzard and Teleports while moving!
    The hell is this information?!

Edit: Oh. Ice Floes. Yaaaaaay... less of a reason to use Evanesce
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-07-12 at 12:48 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Means you can evocate while moving too, actually very useful for an arcane mage as that's back to being a limited cooldown now.
    Now we just need the old graphic of Evocation back, just to make it even more awesome while moving.

I'm a bit scared as to why they're giving Mages a hell of a lot of mobility now. Yes, we already had IF, but now it's even better because you can use it with Evocate and Blizzard, Arcane is no longer forced to pick Rune and Fire/Frost no longer have Invocation, Fire got to keep Scorch (it got a damage nerf, but you never used it for its damage anyways), Frost got to keep instant BF-FFB, and both are getting set bonuses that drastically increase their mobility (Fire's 4P giving 6s of instant/guaranteed crit Pyros, and Frost's 2P of having Orb give you 10s of IL spamming).

I mean, that's a lot of mobility, but I'm taking a guess this is why we have "no self-sustainability", because we're about "avoiding damage" while, say, Warlock or Priest is about healing it back. We don't have that luxury, so they're okay with us being more mobile than them. It's a fair trade-off I guess?

Also, still curious on how a Hot Streak during the 4P will affect that bonus because Pyroblast can proc Hot Streaks... I'm assuming it'll get a 6s ICD or something? Even still, it's an incredible 4P, though it will be a bit annoying if you queued up a Fireball or used an IB (so you lose a whole cast/global).
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Anyone else finding incanters flows stacks to 5 and then stops? Don't get me wrong, the constant 25% damage increase is nice but i'm pretty sure it's bugged! I kinda didn't wanna report it and hope they didn't notice it but felt I probably should :-p lol
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    I kinda didn't wanna report it and hope they didn't notice it but felt I probably should :-p lol
    This is how I've felt with every bug ever, and so far, all but one has been fixed. That one being a very specific spot you can blink and glitch through a wall. I'M NOT TELLING THOUGH BECAUSE YOU JERKS WILL GET IT PATCHED! *Huffs*

OK now

That's enough time for 3-4 Pyroblasts right? Seems pretty acceptable. Does "Activates" mean after you cast the first, or gain the buff though?
    It must be.. that you gain no hot streak from those Pyros.. Else you could just continue spamming cause every 2 crits would give you another hot streak.

Deleted
    Anyone else finding incanters flows stacks to 5 and then stops? Don't get me wrong, the constant 25% damage increase is nice but i'm pretty sure it's bugged! I kinda didn't wanna report it and hope they didn't notice it but felt I probably should :-p lol
    Yes, same here, but only on the pvp lvl 100 char realm. On the "level realm", it's still increasing and decreasing as expected.
    But still on both, Combustion does not reset IB CD any longer although Celestalon denied this statement yesterday (see Theorycrafting thread).

Here's a proof from today

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It must be.. that you gain no hot streak from those Pyros.. Else you could just continue spamming cause every 2 crits would give you another hot streak.
    Why shouldn't you get HS with T17 4p instant pyros? Pyro crits are pyro crits and proc HU, thus HS. Additionally, these 4p pyros surely won't have the +25% damage buff from Hot Streak. But let's wait if this bonus will stay at a 100% proc chance, maybe it's still a placeholder and don't forget the tweet of Celestalon that some bonuses are still untuned.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-07-12 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Combustion does not reset IB CD any longer although Celestalon denied this statement yesterday (see Theorycrafting thread).
    I'd recommend reporting it to him again. Could be a bug they haven't found, despite it being reported to him (though not reported as a bug, just as a "is it intended?" without actually saying this is how it was)

Is anybody else of the feeling that with that Ice Floes change, it kinda makes it the go to talent in that tier for Arcane Mages?

I mean, Evocate and Arcane Missiles on the move?! thats insanely good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd recommend reporting it to him again. Could be a bug they haven't found, despite it being reported to him (though not reported as a bug, just as a "is it intended?" without actually saying this is how it was)
    I created a twitter account just to ask him and he confirmed that it's a bug. I guess this issue came with the new T17 2pc bonus (Will it just reset the CD of 1 charge or decrease the total CD by 7s with 2 charges (max. 14s CD for 2 charges))
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-07-12 at 12:09 PM.

I must say I love playing Frost, what with Multistrike, icicles, procs, and your water elemental it's like a constant turret of spells launching out! I'm actually surprised that when they reverted the change with frostfire bolt to make it instant again they left it able to stack twice, what with fingers of frost stacking to 3, it plays really well, it'd be a shame if they change it back, by all means reduce the damage to compensate if necessary but I really enjoy the fact it plays fast and doesn't feel slow, it's a very engaging spec now imo.
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I mean, Evocate and Arcane Missiles on the move?! thats insanely good.
    It's funny how Evocate while moving was one of the suggestions for Invocation because there was that one quest in the legendary questline that let us cast on the move, and it felt insanely smoother if we could move while channeling it. Now that it's Arcane only and not part of everyone's toolkits, they make it mobile, haha.

In all seriousness, yeah, this makes IF pretty mandatory for Arcane. I wish they'd put Evanescence on the L30 tier over FG and give us something comparable to IF, lol.

by all means reduce the damage to compensate if necessary
    They did reduce the damage on BF. It used to be +60% and now it's back to +25%.

I must say I love playing Frost, what with Multistrike, icicles, procs, and your water elemental it's like a constant turret of spells launching out! I'm actually surprised that when they reverted the change with frostfire bolt to make it instant again they left it able to stack twice, what with fingers of frost stacking to 3, it plays really well, it'd be a shame if they change it back, by all means reduce the damage to compensate if necessary but I really enjoy the fact it plays fast and doesn't feel slow, it's a very engaging spec now imo.
    Agreed, I love the fast pace play style of Frost.

As to 4pc and the 10 secs, I figured each Ice Shard would add to the buff and reset timer to 10 seconds as that made more sense "behind the scenes" coding wise.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about the rest of you but that Ice Floes change is sure going to make it a hard choice between it and Blazing Speed. I can foresee swapping between those talents a lot during raid

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    They did reduce the damage on BF. It used to be +60% and now it's back to +25%.
    Nah, they just missed that patch note. It's still 60%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but that Ice Floes change is sure going to make it a hard choice between it and Blazing Speed. I can foresee swapping between those talents a lot during raid
    Ice Floes all day every day? Unless you're running a marathon, I don't see what Blazing Speed offers.

I made a quick video showing the constant bombardment of attacks with multistrike, procs, iccicles, pet, etc as Frost for the people not able to play on the beta to know what I meant

http://youtu.be/a1uBtA6aaLM

My first attempt at making a WoW video so bear with me!
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

Ice Floes all day every day? Unless you're running a marathon, I don't see what Blazing Speed offers.
    It only really offers the ability to get out of things faster, something we have blink for. Ice Floes could offer Arcane an improved standing in PvP too.. but thats something that we'll find out sooner or later i imagine