Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I believe mage proffesion should be always Tailoring/Enchanting due how "magicaly" they work :P
    ^ This!

Tailoring + Alchemy.

Tailoring lets you craft your pre-raid BiS gear (the special cloth is on a daily cooldown).

Alchemy gives you a really good pre-raid trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Tailoring + Alchemy.

Tailoring lets you craft your pre-raid BiS gear (the special cloth is on a daily cooldown).

Post-raid gear, Tailoring also nets you bonus cloth and Alchemy gives you a specialization, and people always need potions/flasks! (Plus, if the healing tonic from First Aid counts as a "potion" and gets the 40% boost from the trinket, that's a pretty nice boost).

Depending on what Engineering gets though... hmmm, dunno how that'll work since you require ENG to use most of it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Tailoring + Alchemy.

This is probably the route I'm going to be going. Probably going to start up Tailoring in the next few weeks or so since we're no longer raiding until 6.0 drops. It'll give me time to take it slow and easy so that I don't have to blow a ton of gold on it(not that I don't have plenty of gold to do so, I'd just prefer to save it for leveling the professions to max in WoD).

Has anyone formulated any PvP / Frost builds and tactics yet? Revisiting my frost mage and it is so much different in terms of play-style, mobility, and damage that I feel like I'm starting from scratch!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    This is probably the route I'm going to be going. Probably going to start up Tailoring in the next few weeks or so since we're no longer raiding until 6.0 drops. It'll give me time to take it slow and easy so that I don't have to blow a ton of gold on it(not that I don't have plenty of gold to do so, I'd just prefer to save it for leveling the professions to max in WoD).
    They're adding the Blacksmithing/Mining/Herbalism/Fishing catch-up system to all professions in WoD (including those I just named) by using WoD mats. This will make old mats come down in price drastically (at least it should) and should make it easier to level up both with old and new mats, so I'd recommend waiting for 6.0, or just farm all the cloth since it's not that bad with flight mounts
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    They're adding the Blacksmithing/Mining/Herbalism/Fishing catch-up system to all professions in WoD (including those I just named) by using WoD mats. This will make old mats come down in price drastically (at least it should) and should make it easier to level up both with old and new mats, so I'd recommend waiting for 6.0, or just farm all the cloth since it's not that bad with flight mounts
    I got my Jack of All Trades achievement this expansion with the free boost we got, happy I don't need to use any of the WoD mats to help boost. Ghost Iron was awful when I did Blacksmithing (you need like 5k Ghost Iron bars or something ridiculous). Just have to keep bouncing between efficiency in either farming hundreds of bars for 15 levels or spending hundreds of gold.

Keeping my Mage Enchanting/Engineering though. Engineering is too much fun. Enchanting is going to be as useful as always as well.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I got my Jack of All Trades achievement this expansion with the free boost we got, happy I don't need to use any of the WoD mats to help boost. Ghost Iron was awful when I did Blacksmithing (you need like 5k Ghost Iron bars or something ridiculous). Just have to keep bouncing between efficiency in either farming hundreds of bars for 15 levels or spending hundreds of gold.

Keeping my Mage Enchanting/Engineering though. Engineering is too much fun. Enchanting is going to be as useful as always as well.
    Keep in mind though that you didn't have a daily-resetting mine filled with Ghost Iron in your home base that NO ONE else can touch and you also don't need to give up a profession slot for Mining to obtain it.

Enchanting really depends on if I get the Disenchant button in dungeons/raids and if I can make illusions with a small plot. If I can, then there's literally no point to keeping it since it doesn't provide any specific bonus while things like Tailoring gives bonus cloth, Engineering probs will have things the small plot won't let you use, and Mining/Herbalism/Skinning let you get bonus materials. Like yeah, these bonuses won't be huge, but it's still something to keep in mind. The only thing I'm 100% sure of is that I'm dropping Blacksmithing for something more useful

Honestly though, the only one I'm really curious about is Engineering. I want to know how the tinkers will be affected by being a small plot profession.

Edit: So wait, those "illusions" are exclusive to garrisons now? (check front-page at the time of me posting this) I'm assuming that an Enchanter can learn them, but if you can get them via small plot, then Enchanting offers very little as a full profession (which makes me happy because I had no plans to pick it up as a full profession but still wanted it as a small plot). This still makes it one of the best, if not THE best garrison profession to have because DEing is a very valuable tool and you'll always need enchants, but god damn, the incentives just pile on to pick it up.

Anyways, I'll stop talking about this (since it's not really Mage-y) unless Mods are cool with it as well as people continue to talk about Garrisons/Professions, but it's probably best saved for a WoD General thread.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-08-30 at 02:02 AM.

so any beta players that can report on current builds that are performing well, and how various builds/speccs are performing with the given gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Svenningen View Post
    so any beta players that can report on current builds that are performing well, and how various builds/speccs are performing with the given gear?
    Given that they are still tuning numbers, any answer you get today might well be inaccurate the minute the next build drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally came back from all possible vacations and trips. Have you guys been able to copy your characters to the beta realms? (specifically the EU crowd).
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Finally came back from all possible vacations and trips. Have you guys been able to copy your characters to the beta realms? (specifically the EU crowd).
    Nope, though I'm US. I waited a good 20m or so to no luck. I'll try again now for funzies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, though I'm US. I waited a good 20m or so to no luck. I'll try again now for funzies.
    I've tried randomly a couple of times in the last 45 days and it just says "character copy in maintenance". Maybe my timing is just phenomenal every single time.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I've tried randomly a couple of times in the last 45 days and it just says "character copy in maintenance". Maybe my timing is just phenomenal every single time.
    I'm trying the in-game one as people have gotten it to work. It just says "Please wait ... Copy in progress.". But, because I'm not really testing anything or in a mood to atm, I can just leave it up for hours. Perhaps I'm too impatient.

It used to work in the previous builds. Now it just shows and empty screen.

15m later, still "Please wait ... Copy in progress." and it's getting annoying.

Edit: Got disconnected. THAT'S FUCKING CUTE, BLIZZARD.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-01 at 02:15 AM.

15m later, still "Please wait ... Copy in progress." and it's getting annoying.

Edit: Got disconnected. THAT'S FUCKING CUTE, BLIZZARD.
    I just copied my warrior over and it took 3 secs. No overreacting here.

Edit: Even tried the pvp leveling server. Took 5 seconds. Hell it took longer for my mile long character list to show up than it did to copy over.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-09-01 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I just copied my warrior over and it took 3 secs. No overreacting here.

Edit: Even tried the pvp leveling server. Took 5 seconds. Hell it took longer for my mile long character list to show up than it did to copy over.
    Are you using the battle.net or the in-game one? In-game isn't working on my end (and it even disconnected me again after waiting another 20 minutes...)

Edit: ... So I found the problem. You can't copy them to the L100 servers... Eheh... Could at least give me a message rather than lying to me >.>

Hey guys was improved arcane barrage put baseline into the ability? It was a perk but now it isn't one of the remaining ones I can see.

I was really looking forward to that perk.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do we get another glyph slot at 100? somehow I can't find any details so I would assume "no" but figured id ask. the glyphs surely aren't game breaking and be something else to aspire for 100 for

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Hey guys was improved arcane barrage put baseline into the ability? It was a perk but now it isn't one of the remaining ones I can see.

I was really looking forward to that perk.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do we get another glyph slot at 100? somehow I can't find any details so I would assume "no" but figured id ask. the glyphs surely aren't game breaking and be something else to aspire for 100 for
    No to both.