Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    I know it's not a suggestions thread, but I just thought since PoM is kind of useless now and Arcane lacks in PvP department, why not redesign PoM and just make it an enhacement for other spells?
    Lol i think that would be way to powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah it does needs some tuning because is a completely stupid,0 fun 100% crap spell.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be something more like ''Over the next 8 sec you become immune to interrupt and silence effects''.

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or the cooldown gets lower,around 30 sec.

I'm not sure what professions to go with for WoD. Anyone got any ideas or theorycrafting that's worth looking at?

Currently I'm rolling Enchanting and Engineering, but since Engineering is getting nerfed, maybe I should consider picking up another profession to replace it with.
    Engineering is still good for the extra speed when leveling, but I've stacked up on a lot of Darkwater Potion so I've got that covered. But the other tinkers like mailbox and jeeves are super useful, but I'm suspecting another profession will probably have more use for Garrison as an example.

Any ideas?

In terms of spec I'll probably go with Arcane for leveling, at least for the first few levels considering you can kill everything in 2-3 Arcane Blasts. And in terms of AoE Arcane Explosion is very strong. Later on I'll probably switch to Frost.

They're removing all combat bonuses from professions where they can, apart from BoP gear, and healing potions are crafted from first aid now.
    So there isn't really much to be gained.

About professions for mage the answer is now more than simple - Tailoring+Enchanting/Jewelcrafting. I personally recommend the tail/ench combo.
    Benefits from Tailoring - now you have some use of the tons of cloth that are dropping from the mobs + "free" legs enchant + you can make and sell legs enchats for other casters + crafting gear for yourself.
    Benefits from Enchanting - you can DE every green shizzle that you get and have no use of it->make enchants and post on AH->profit. I haven't checked, but i think you make some gear from it too (wands maybe, not sure at all). Weapon enchants are always selling good.
    Benefits from Jewelcrafting - all tho it has not very good synergy with tailoring it still is good profession and in WoD Jewelcrafters will be able to craft epic necks and rings. Selling gems might not be as profitable as it was the last expansions, but as im looking how they will be crafted it might be good idea to have gems of your own when you get the luck to have socket on your gear.

I believe mage proffesion should be always Tailoring/Enchanting due how "magicaly" they work :P
    Grant me the Serenety to accept the things i cannot change, the Courage to change the things i can and the Wisdom to know the diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I believe mage proffesion should be always Tailoring/Enchanting due how "magicaly" they work :P
    ^ This!

Tailoring + Alchemy.

Tailoring lets you craft your pre-raid BiS gear (the special cloth is on a daily cooldown).

Alchemy gives you a really good pre-raid trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Tailoring + Alchemy.

Tailoring lets you craft your pre-raid BiS gear (the special cloth is on a daily cooldown).

Post-raid gear, Tailoring also nets you bonus cloth and Alchemy gives you a specialization, and people always need potions/flasks! (Plus, if the healing tonic from First Aid counts as a "potion" and gets the 40% boost from the trinket, that's a pretty nice boost).

Depending on what Engineering gets though... hmmm, dunno how that'll work since you require ENG to use most of it.

Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Tailoring + Alchemy.

This is probably the route I'm going to be going. Probably going to start up Tailoring in the next few weeks or so since we're no longer raiding until 6.0 drops. It'll give me time to take it slow and easy so that I don't have to blow a ton of gold on it(not that I don't have plenty of gold to do so, I'd just prefer to save it for leveling the professions to max in WoD).

Has anyone formulated any PvP / Frost builds and tactics yet? Revisiting my frost mage and it is so much different in terms of play-style, mobility, and damage that I feel like I'm starting from scratch!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    This is probably the route I'm going to be going. Probably going to start up Tailoring in the next few weeks or so since we're no longer raiding until 6.0 drops. It'll give me time to take it slow and easy so that I don't have to blow a ton of gold on it(not that I don't have plenty of gold to do so, I'd just prefer to save it for leveling the professions to max in WoD).
    They're adding the Blacksmithing/Mining/Herbalism/Fishing catch-up system to all professions in WoD (including those I just named) by using WoD mats. This will make old mats come down in price drastically (at least it should) and should make it easier to level up both with old and new mats, so I'd recommend waiting for 6.0, or just farm all the cloth since it's not that bad with flight mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    They're adding the Blacksmithing/Mining/Herbalism/Fishing catch-up system to all professions in WoD (including those I just named) by using WoD mats. This will make old mats come down in price drastically (at least it should) and should make it easier to level up both with old and new mats, so I'd recommend waiting for 6.0, or just farm all the cloth since it's not that bad with flight mounts
    I got my Jack of All Trades achievement this expansion with the free boost we got, happy I don't need to use any of the WoD mats to help boost. Ghost Iron was awful when I did Blacksmithing (you need like 5k Ghost Iron bars or something ridiculous). Just have to keep bouncing between efficiency in either farming hundreds of bars for 15 levels or spending hundreds of gold.

Keeping my Mage Enchanting/Engineering though. Engineering is too much fun. Enchanting is going to be as useful as always as well.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "You can call me Queen V"

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I got my Jack of All Trades achievement this expansion with the free boost we got, happy I don't need to use any of the WoD mats to help boost. Ghost Iron was awful when I did Blacksmithing (you need like 5k Ghost Iron bars or something ridiculous). Just have to keep bouncing between efficiency in either farming hundreds of bars for 15 levels or spending hundreds of gold.

Keeping my Mage Enchanting/Engineering though. Engineering is too much fun. Enchanting is going to be as useful as always as well.
    Keep in mind though that you didn't have a daily-resetting mine filled with Ghost Iron in your home base that NO ONE else can touch and you also don't need to give up a profession slot for Mining to obtain it.

Enchanting really depends on if I get the Disenchant button in dungeons/raids and if I can make illusions with a small plot. If I can, then there's literally no point to keeping it since it doesn't provide any specific bonus while things like Tailoring gives bonus cloth, Engineering probs will have things the small plot won't let you use, and Mining/Herbalism/Skinning let you get bonus materials. Like yeah, these bonuses won't be huge, but it's still something to keep in mind. The only thing I'm 100% sure of is that I'm dropping Blacksmithing for something more useful

Honestly though, the only one I'm really curious about is Engineering. I want to know how the tinkers will be affected by being a small plot profession.

Edit: So wait, those "illusions" are exclusive to garrisons now? (check front-page at the time of me posting this) I'm assuming that an Enchanter can learn them, but if you can get them via small plot, then Enchanting offers very little as a full profession (which makes me happy because I had no plans to pick it up as a full profession but still wanted it as a small plot). This still makes it one of the best, if not THE best garrison profession to have because DEing is a very valuable tool and you'll always need enchants, but god damn, the incentives just pile on to pick it up.

Anyways, I'll stop talking about this (since it's not really Mage-y) unless Mods are cool with it as well as people continue to talk about Garrisons/Professions, but it's probably best saved for a WoD General thread.
    Last edited by Polarthief; Today at 02:02 AM.

so any beta players that can report on current builds that are performing well, and how various builds/speccs are performing with the given gear?