Ahh that's to bad was the best perk I find AB completely underwhelming atm (to give up your stacks for this) and this would have made it a bit better

Question does the new alter time reload your stacks of AC? I know it says buffs this isn't a tradiontal buff I mainly used AT to throw a volley of AB into a group of mobs but regain my 4 stack right after.

I went to a leveling realm, and hit copy, it said it failed, and when I just hit copy again there all my character was. Persistence goes a long way it seems!

Lvl'd to 92 as frost, with my 566 (so basically normal gear, just resubbed after a few months off) questing was supereasy and everything died almost too easy, rarespawns included.

How do you guys feel about various specs for lvling? I kinda always liked lvling as fire, and later swapping over to frost, but it looks like I might just sit in frost the entire next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Ahh that's to bad was the best perk I find AB completely underwhelming atm (to give up your stacks for this) and this would have made it a bit better

Question does the new alter time reload your stacks of AC? I know it says buffs this isn't a tradiontal buff I mainly used AT to throw a volley of AB into a group of mobs but regain my 4 stack right after.
    Alter time does nothing for any offensive ability / buff / talent / trinket proc. If you ask yourself "will this make AT help me deal damage?" the anwser is always "no".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svenningen View Post
    How do you guys feel about various specs for lvling? I kinda always liked lvling as fire, and later swapping over to frost, but it looks like I might just sit in frost the entire next expansion
    No problems leveling as fire with the default lvl 90 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    If you ask yourself "will this make AT help me deal damage?" the anwser is always "no".
    While AT itself doesn't increase your damage anymore, it can actually increase your overall DPS by returning to a point you need to go back to. If it reaches, I'd say something like Blackfuse (casting before you go on the belt) could help your DPS, but it's very specific and not going to be enough of a DPS increase to really try and optimize (unless you're going for world first). It's going to be the same effect as your L15 talent which is meant to help you in terms of mobility (Evanesce letting you not take damage for 3s, letting you finish a cast or two, Blazing Speed taking you to your destination faster to continue casting, and Icy Floes allowing you to cast on the go).

But yeah, as far as rotational mechanics, buffs, debuffs, and everything else goes, no, AT does nothing for your DPS besides the location rewinding.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

ahh thast a shame was fun to be able to load up 2 arcane barrage salvo's into a pack in a row, now with the perk gone apparently (not blended to baseline) AB becomes even more bleak (in my opinion)

ahh thast a shame was fun to be able to load up 2 arcane barrage salvo's into a pack in a row, now with the perk gone apparently (not blended to baseline) AB becomes even more bleak (in my opinion)
    ABr => AO => ABr?

Also, when you say "AB", are you referring to Blast or Barrage? If Blast, how exactly does this make Blast "even more bleak"? If Barrage, then yeah, understandable (though this is why you say ABr or ABl to avoid confusion )
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-01 at 11:43 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ABr => AO => ABr?

Also, when you say "AB", are you referring to Blast or Barrage? If Blast, how exactly does this make Blast "even more bleak"? If Barrage, then yeah, understandable (though this is why you say ABr or ABl to avoid confusion )
    yeah sorry Arcane Barrage. To blow your 4 stacks it has to be "really worth it" and currently its rare that it is "really worth it" and if you can't blow it and get the stacks back (Via Alter Time) then well its tempting to never use it rofl.

In any event one thing that would be nice is if you could blow the AC stacks on some buff or something unique to mages (I have stated this feedback before) I hate watching my Arcane stacks wilt away.

yeah sorry Arcane Barrage. To blow your 4 stacks it has to be "really worth it" and currently its rare that it is "really worth it" and if you can't blow it and get the stacks back (Via Alter Time) then well its tempting to never use it rofl.
    Yeah, that perk would have been fun :\

In any event one thing that would be nice is if you could blow the AC stacks on some buff or something unique to mages (I have stated this feedback before) I hate watching my Arcane stacks wilt away.
    Please no. There's a reason Slice & Dice, Inquisition, and Savage Roar aren't fun, and also why they removed Invocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, that perk would have been fun :\

Please no. There's a reason Slice & Dice, Inquisition, and Savage Roar aren't fun, and also why they removed Invocation.
    I didn't say dmg buff and invocation is pretty much a 15% inquisition atm

If we are to rely on a 4 stack to now even use a competitive to other talents NT, AND AB I hope they tune it to be worth the spent AC.

I didn't say dmg buff and invocation is pretty much a 15% inquisition atm

If we are to rely on a 4 stack to now even use a competitive to other talents NT, AND AB I hope they tune it to be worth the spent AC.
    It only affects NT, ABl, AM, and ABr. Also affects Evo, but you don't really use Evo. Only consumed by ABr and Evo. NT doesn't consume your charges.

What pull option should the arcane mage use now that NT won't be multi target? I am thinking Slow i guess.

Polartheif: How do we send feedback to blizzard on finding out why that perk was removed? ABr seems so underwhelming currently.

What pull option should the arcane mage use now that NT won't be multi target? I am thinking Slow i guess.
    Slow only lasts 15s but it'll keep them off of you as you Slow more things, though it'll consequently make soloing stuff... slower. *Ba-dum-tiss*

Polartheif: How do we send feedback to blizzard on finding out why that perk was removed? ABr seems so underwhelming currently.
    Twitter or forums. @Celestalon or beta forums. If you want, I could send Celestalon a tweet for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Barrage does not seem underwhelming. If anything, for solo and dungeons Orb+Barrage is a ridiculous combo. I played a few dungeons and on pulls with 3 or more targets it's really fun. Orb+Barrage, Glyphed CoC, Blastx4-Barrage (or explosions depending on my mood), Orb+Barrage. There's a chance that they felt buffing it to full cleave damage was too powerful. Though it seems that a lot of the announced perks aren't in the game yet, or maybe I just missed information that they were cutting them. (it's been a long "summer" and I definitely skipped some build notes and info)
    My magic will tear you apart.

yeah i never saw an explain why they took that perk out either. I actually thought I had created it in my head then saw it back in April listed as a perk, it just vanished.

Polar: Try finding out why they removed that perk if you can

- - - Updated - - -

Also currently im using the following glyphs, should i take one out for COC? if so which one? I am doing random LFR some pvp bgs and farming skyshards atm (nothing spectacular)

arcane explosion
    slow
    Evocation

shoudl i change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Found it: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...12948444880896

The pure damage increasing perks were baked into the spells, enhanced Missiles too. Barrage was the only one totally cut. It's very similar for all classes and specs.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Found it: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...12948444880896

The pure damage increasing perks were baked into the spells, enhanced Missiles too. Barrage was the only one totally cut. It's very similar for all classes and specs.
    Except that doesn't explain why Barrage specifically got cut, especially when it (Arcane in general) has very little cleave/AoE, though I'm guessing it was too strong.

Dread, I went ahead and asked for you. Will post when I get a response.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-02 at 05:19 PM.

Abarr wasn't the only perk to not get incorporated into the spells. I believe the TLDR of things being removed was that they either were too strong ( 3x FoF and 15% pryo crit ) or were just boring. 50 or 100% doesn't change anything about Abarr except for how much damage it deals. It doesn't magically make it more interesting - it just deals more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Abarr wasn't the only perk to not get incorporated into the spells. I believe the TLDR of things being removed was that they either were too strong ( 3x FoF and 15% pryo crit ) or were just boring. 50 or 100% doesn't change anything about Abarr except for how much damage it deals. It doesn't magically make it more interesting - it just deals more damage.
    the more dmg makes it more worth it to blow your 4 stacks Also considering now i can't reload my 4 stacks with altered time im even more hesitant to blow my 4 stacks randomly.

I reallly really enjoy that part of the gameplay so will be a huge adjustment to not do the following.

Gather pack of 4 mobs (Mogu in vale)
    steal the buff off the mobs (Spellsteal) that gives me 25% dmg
    frost nova the 4 of them.
    hit altered time with 4 stacks up
    nail them all with 4 stacks
    use the frost nova talent re ice nova them
    nail them again with 4 stacks
    Last edited by dreaderus; 2014-09-02 at 06:58 PM.

That's a very niche use, and without shatter wouldn't be as impressive even if AT did still work with AC. Giving you 100% bonus damage won't return that gameplay, you would need the return of MoP AT function, which I personally hope stays very dead.

because the new version is better after your beta experiences? I am open to change just letting you know what I am doing with the live skills.

I want the rotation to have more options and become more complex, not become even simplier/less complex then it it is now.