Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    This build.
    I don't see this in the patch notes on front page at least?

I am assuming Fire can still cleave on the Crystal and Frost can no longer cleave on the Crystal, so to cover the nerf, they buffed the damage it takes by 50%. Prismatic Crystal is now like a building bomb now for Frost, you build it up and it goes boom. Fire is directly transferred from Crystal to target and can still cleave unlike Frost, at least that is how I took the notes.

Well at least that is what it looked like from the notes that were first posted. They changed them now, and no longer say the stuff about the cleave.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2014-09-18 at 05:07 AM.

No spec can cleave on or off the crystal anymore.

Splitting Ice, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast cannot cleave on/off PC. Toned down a bit but I'm still confused with 50% on Frost.
    Oh right, first make gimmicky, potentially unbalancable and overpowervered talent, don't recognize it in any way or form, then make whole set of strange and unpresumable rules (to try to balance it?), then try to change it in a later patch, then scrap the talent expansion later because it turned out to be a bad design and unbalancable. I know that story
    Last edited by Orrin; 2014-09-18 at 05:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    strange and unpresumable rules
    Spec baseline cleave doesn't work on it. ??? I don't see how that's strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Tier gear is testable, purchaseable in stormwind by the big tauren guy!

Oh right, first make gimmicky, potentially unbalancable and overpowervered talent, don't recognize it in any way or form, then make whole set of strange and unpresumable rules (to try to balance it?), then try to change it in a later patch, then scrap the talent expansion later because it turned out to be a bad design and unbalancable. I know that story
    I think we all do. They're going to continue and say it's a smart decision until the last tier of the expansion and apologize for not giving us proper time for a beta. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdumbfartlord69 View Post
    The Scorch nerf seems excessive.
    It really does. It was already a wet noodle.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

In a beta world where nothing is final with ideas constantly iterated on...there are no rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    No spec can cleave on or off the crystal anymore.
    I have no idea how I missed this, was this announced somewhere? or is it just an observation from playing? Im still at work and haven't had a chance to look at a new build yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I have no idea how I missed this, was this announced somewhere? or is it just an observation from playing? Im still at work and haven't had a chance to look at a new build yet.
    Don't think it's in any notes, it's just from people testing stuff out in this new build.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little baffled by the frost PC buff as well. Who knows what Blizzard is up to this time..

Deleted
    So Fire PvP absolutely dead now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Tier gear is testable, purchaseable in stormwind by the big tauren guy!
    4p bonuses aren't enabled yet. Oh well, 2p Frost is still obscene.

10+ Year Old Account
    4p bonuses aren't enabled yet. Oh well, 2p Frost is still obscene.
    Arcane's is, its bugged too, the buff doesn't expire until AM is finished casting, so you can clip a second AM and get the bonus for two sets. The bonus reminds me of t5 arcane fun times

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane's is, its bugged too, the buff doesn't expire until AM is finished casting, so you can clip a second AM and get the bonus for two sets. The bonus reminds me of t5 arcane fun times
    Interesting, I couldn't get it to trigger for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I couldn't get it to trigger for me.
    It has an absurdly low proc rate, about 1 in every 30 charge-gains from what I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has an absurdly low proc rate, about 1 in every 30 charge-gains from what I can tell.
    Ew. Guess I'll hop on beta later and try it out while testing if bugs got fixed.

Could it be rolled to 3 AMs?

That'll be fixed, and it reminds me of early LK Arcane fun with how Arcane Blast stacks worked (clipping an ABr to the end of an AM)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew. Guess I'll hop on beta later and try it out while testing if bugs got fixed.

Could it be rolled to 3 AMs?
    Nopers, the debuff is consumed when the first missiles is finished, but you can finish 'em by casting another missiles which gets the buff... it'll most definitely get fixed, but hopefully they'll up the proc rate substantially.

So does frost bomb still work with prismatic crystal?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Splitting Ice, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast cannot cleave on/off PC. Toned down a bit but I'm still confused with 50% on Frost.
    Wanted to emphasize this change. It's going to have massive consequences for Fire and Frost with PC - in slightly different directions!