Frost:
    Frostbolt damage increased by 5%.
    Frostfire Bolt damage increased by 5%.
    Ice Lance damage increased by 5%.
    Frozen Orb damage increased by 5%.
    Waterbolt damage increased by 5%.
    Water Jet damage increased by 5%.
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hnsyFF6g1r7ifqv.gif
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-10-14 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    I think everyone saw that SN nerf coming from a mile away.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else catch a possible buff to IF in the patch notes linked from MMO front page today?
    Incanter's Ward has been removed and replaced by Incanter's Flow a new level-90 Talent.
    Incanter's Flow: Magical energy flows through you, increasing all spell damage done by 5% per stack. While in combat, the magical energy builds up to 5 stacks over 5 seconds and then diminishes down to 1 stack over 5 seconds. This cycle repeats every 10 seconds.

Averages out to 15% now instead of the 12% from what I had previously read and assumed was going live.

Source: us . battle . net/wow/en/blog/15682579/the-iron-tide-602-patch-notes-10-13-2014#mage

Probably just has not been updated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxstar View Post
    Anyone else catch a possible buff to IF in the patch notes linked from MMO front page today?
    Incanter's Ward has been removed and replaced by Incanter's Flow a new level-90 Talent.
    Incanter's Flow: Magical energy flows through you, increasing all spell damage done by 5% per stack. While in combat, the magical energy builds up to 5 stacks over 5 seconds and then diminishes down to 1 stack over 5 seconds. This cycle repeats every 10 seconds.

Averages out to 15% now instead of the 12% from what I had previously read and assumed was going live.

Source: us . battle . net/wow/en/blog/15682579/the-iron-tide-602-patch-notes-10-13-2014#mage
    Seems interesting that a passive buff wil do the same on average as ROP that you actively have to cast and stand in and plan where you put depending on the encounter.
    Some times IF will probably fook you over, but other times you will get lucky. I like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Seems interesting that a passive buff wil do the same on average as ROP that you actively have to cast and stand in and plan where you put depending on the encounter.
    Some times IF will probably fook you over, but other times you will get lucky. I like it though.
    That's why they nerfed it...months ago now. Weird that they haven't updated the notes though to reflect that, probably just missed it.

If they buffed IF, expect a buff to MI... Assuming the buff to IF actually happened back to 5% per stack
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So, will this last minute balance change go to WoD or its purpose is to balance things around 6.0.2 and it will be reverted?

Also, SN should have some improvements now to compensate overall damage and be on par with other talents of that line.

Quote Originally Posted by nLord View Post
    So, will this last minute balance change go to WoD or its purpose is to balance things around 6.0.2 and it will be reverted?

Also, SN should have some improvements now to compensate overall damage and be on par with other talents of that line.
    I doubt it's to balance 6.0.2 - they buffed Fire, which doesn't seem necessary. It's probably an attempt to ballpark the specs a bit better in terms of overall balance for WoD.

SN got nerfed because it was too strong - what is the point of nerfing it only to say "now it needs to be buffed?" Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I doubt it's to balance 6.0.2 - they buffed Fire, which doesn't seem necessary. It's probably an attempt to ballpark the specs a bit better in terms of overall balance for WoD.

SN got nerfed because it was too strong - what is the point of nerfing it only to say "now it needs to be buffed?" Makes no sense.
    Too strong in burst but not in overall damage output on fight. It is much likely PvP balance decision - not PvE.

Overall balance in WoD is just strange in that case - they nerfed arcane mages but haven't touched Demo Locks with their insane dmg...

Too strong in burst but not in overall damage output on fight. It is much likely PvP balance decision - not PvE.

Overall balance in WoD is just strange in that case - they nerfed arcane mages but haven't touched Demo Locks with their insane dmg...
    Not sure what you're talking about - strongest talent combination used SN pre-nerf. SN scales with mastery for Arcane, and not for Frost/Fire - it doesn't need the same kind of SP coeff to remain competitive.

Not sure what you're talking about - strongest talent combination used SN pre-nerf. SN scales with mastery for Arcane, and not for Frost/Fire - it doesn't need the same kind of SP coeff to remain competitive.
    Pre-patch that talents were extremely close with SN being slightly better - not 15% better, now it seems slightly out of this line. I mean NT and UM, not fire/frost novas.
    Last edited by nLord; 2014-10-14 at 09:48 AM.

Pre-patch that talents were extremely close with SN being slightly better - not 15% better, now it seems slightly out of this line. I mean NT and UM, not fire/frost novas.
    Doesn't seem to be the case.

Doesn't seem to be the case.
    Except we have another fresh talent nerfed to the state "extremely situational". First IF, then PC, now SN. Why to pick them if they are both inconvenient and dps loss? :/
    I think, planning should be rewarded and brings interesting gameplay, and now we see 3 "flat" talents on top..

10+ Year Old Account

it was for sure a pvp decision. we were killing people in 2 globals.. literally. just run around for a minute and half and then go for it again.

i dunno why demo wasnt nerfed.. they might actually get into WoD like they are which would be gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    it was for sure a pvp decision. we were killing people in 2 globals.. literally. just run around for a minute and half and then go for it again.

i dunno why demo wasnt nerfed.. they might actually get into WoD like they are which would be gross.
    You got to take into account it is an AoE as well, it just can't hit that hard to all players near you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You got to take into account it is an AoE as well, it just can't hit that hard to all players near you.
    Not really "that hard". People around take the half damage. Obviously it is a pvp nerf that affects pve... as always.

In PVE terms, now NT is better than SN (more AOE and single target damage), so no reason to pick SN instead NT (maybe if you need an AOE burst, so SN is converted in a extremely situational talent).

I loved the combination PC + SN with cd stacking, now I am worried that its not gonna be a thing any more if more nerfs are coming.
    Last 2 days have seen flat 15% SN nerf + 30% extra nerf against players, which kind of sucks, because I would've loved to play arcane in PvP for a chance... Also I expect that blizzard overnerfed SN because that usually happens when they "hotfix" dmg coefficients short-sightedly... they did a lot of numbers passing for lvl100 on beta, makes me wonder why they only started nerfing SN right when 6.0 hits with overpoweredly geared lvl90 chars...

1. when will they buff comet storm?

2. best performing talent combo for frost is Frost Bomb, MI and PC?

3. If i use PC should i use frostorb on cooldown or line it up with PC?

4. If i use thermal void do i still cast non-FoF ice lances?

5. Icy veins base line 20% haste boost, with perk its 30% haste
    if i glyph icyveins, 30% MS boost, with perk its ??% MS boost?
    Last edited by Milocow; 2014-10-17 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    1. when will they buff comet storm?

2. best performing talent combo for frost is Frost Bomb, MI and PC?

3. If i use PC should i use frostbomb on cooldown or line it up with PC?

4. If i use thermal void do i still cast non-FoF ice lances?
    1.) Don't know but they definitely need to

2.) Yes it is the highest according to the sims but is more difficult to pull off than other combos since it requires proper CD management and PC placement. RoP instead of MI is doing slightly worse (about 300 dps loss on sims) and is much easier to manage.

3.) Only use Frostbomb when you have 2 FoF up. Any other time is a waste of a GCD and leads to an overall loss. That being said you should always cast Frostbomb on PC since they have the same duration; then try to generate as much FoF as possible.

4.) You shouldn't need to, since you no longer need to line up your FoF generating CDs with PC. Just pop them with Icy Veins in order to extend with FoF ice lances. They should all be back by the time Icy Veins comes of CD.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing