1. #4801
    I loved the combination PC + SN with cd stacking, now I am worried that its not gonna be a thing any more if more nerfs are coming.
    Last 2 days have seen flat 15% SN nerf + 30% extra nerf against players, which kind of sucks, because I would've loved to play arcane in PvP for a chance... Also I expect that blizzard overnerfed SN because that usually happens when they "hotfix" dmg coefficients short-sightedly... they did a lot of numbers passing for lvl100 on beta, makes me wonder why they only started nerfing SN right when 6.0 hits with overpoweredly geared lvl90 chars...

  2. #4802
    1. when will they buff comet storm?

    2. best performing talent combo for frost is Frost Bomb, MI and PC?

    3. If i use PC should i use frostorb on cooldown or line it up with PC?

    4. If i use thermal void do i still cast non-FoF ice lances?

    5. Icy veins base line 20% haste boost, with perk its 30% haste
    if i glyph icyveins, 30% MS boost, with perk its ??% MS boost?
    Last edited by JKinTMC; 2014-10-17 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    its alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    then it's beta. then it's release. then it's "don't buy it if you dont like it". and then it's too late.
    Armory

  3. #4803
    The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where the Happy Folk live
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    1. when will they buff comet storm?

    2. best performing talent combo for frost is Frost Bomb, MI and PC?

    3. If i use PC should i use frostbomb on cooldown or line it up with PC?

    4. If i use thermal void do i still cast non-FoF ice lances?
    1.) Don't know but they definitely need to

    2.) Yes it is the highest according to the sims but is more difficult to pull off than other combos since it requires proper CD management and PC placement. RoP instead of MI is doing slightly worse (about 300 dps loss on sims) and is much easier to manage.

    3.) Only use Frostbomb when you have 2 FoF up. Any other time is a waste of a GCD and leads to an overall loss. That being said you should always cast Frostbomb on PC since they have the same duration; then try to generate as much FoF as possible.

    4.) You shouldn't need to, since you no longer need to line up your FoF generating CDs with PC. Just pop them with Icy Veins in order to extend with FoF ice lances. They should all be back by the time Icy Veins comes of CD.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

  4. #4804

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post
    1.) Don't know but they definitely need to

    2.) Yes it is the highest according to the sims but is more difficult to pull off than other combos since it requires proper CD management and PC placement. RoP instead of MI is doing slightly worse (about 300 dps loss on sims) and is much easier to manage.

    3.) Only use Frostbomb when you have 2 FoF up. Any other time is a waste of a GCD and leads to an overall loss. That being said you should always cast Frostbomb on PC since they have the same duration; then try to generate as much FoF as possible.

    4.) You shouldn't need to, since you no longer need to line up your FoF generating CDs with PC. Just pop them with Icy Veins in order to extend with FoF ice lances. They should all be back by the time Icy Veins comes of CD.
    oops for question 3 i meant frost orb.. since orb has 1min CD and pc has 1.5min its kinda awkward..

    for 4) is there any max duration icy veins can go up to? i heard its 30sec

    EG : u have 29 sec of IV, u cast IL, supposed to +2 sec but goes up to 30sec only

    is that true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    its alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    then it's beta. then it's release. then it's "don't buy it if you dont like it". and then it's too late.
    Armory

  5. #4805
    Sorry if already answered (241 Pages!):
    I heared Mirror Images are doing a rotation now. Anybody know what they cast with each spec, and also do they adapt to Cleave/AoE Situations?

    €dit Thanks for Answer. Still better than the average Raidfinder Hero.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-10-22 at 06:54 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  6. #4806
    Bloodsail Admiral Frost1129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry if already answered (241 Pages!):
    I heared Mirror Images are doing a rotation now. Anybody know what they cast with each spec, and also do they adapt to Cleave/AoE Situations?
    They just spam whatever filler is for the appropriate spec.

  7. #4807
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    They just spam whatever filler is for the appropriate spec.
    Zomg when Technical Game Designer Chadd Nervig said they would do a rotation it was lie :C Unbelievable that not all plans from Pre-Alpha make it to live.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  8. #4808
    Hey guys, had some questions about Frost in WoD CMs.

    After the nerfs, is PC still the go-to talent, or is Thermal Void better for boss fights (maybe PC for trash with Frostbomb then switch?)?
    Is Frostbomb the way to go for trash pulls, or UM? Ice Nova doesn't seem terribly strong unless I need a small burst from double nova.
    MI for bosses, IF for trash? RoP seems very annoying to deal with if you're constantly moving between packs but I could be wrong here.

    I'm assuming IV glyph, Splitting Ice, and then either Water Ele or CoC, anything new here I should be looking at?

    We want to push times and our mage has been busy lately so I figured I'd ask some questions for him for the next time we test CMs.

  9. #4809
    I know I'm pretty late but, Combustion no longer stuns?

    Something inside me died a little.
    tfw no 2d trap gf ;_;

  10. #4810
    Considering the game is live now, shouldn't this thread get unstickied?

  11. #4811
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Considering the game is live now, shouldn't this thread get unstickied?
    Indeed. Speaking WoD is live, it is probably an appropriate time, eh? Heck yeah to the new expansion! See you guys in the beta thread for next expansion. Thank you for all the great discussion
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Vale
    How to Fire Mage for 6.0 Guide

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •