Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    I can't stop gripping my head in frustration reading some of these posts...
    You're probably right. As always we'll have to wait for the numbers pass.

When they say you would stack mastery for single target fights, how's that possible with no reforging?

Quote Originally Posted by Rained View Post
    When they say you would stack mastery for single target fights, how's that possible with no reforging?
    Gearsets instead of reforging.

Also it looks like Enchanting. Hell if you're Human you get to pick which secondary stats you get a boost to.

Shadow's damage should be greatly improved, but when you're already at the bottom on single target damage you can only go up. From a PVP standpoint, Shadow will be dead and pretty much useless in PVP. Instant heals will be gone and Shadow will be forced to choose either a nerfed Void Tendrils or Psychic Scream, just pathetic. I can't see how this could possibly go live

Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    I can't stop gripping my head in frustration reading some of these posts...

There are a few things people are failing to realize:
    -Our current single target damage is largely DoT damage because of our current mastery and DoT snapshotting.
    -Our current mastery isn't really going away, it's just becoming Multistrike.
    -Multistrike is better than our current mastery, as it will also effect our non-DoT spells.
    -The new mastery will be an amazing single target increase for us.
    -Multiple gear sets won't be as necessary as people are thinking.

The gear thing seems to be what most people are worried about. I don't know why people think Mastery will be absolute trash for Multi-Target fights and that we'll need to get an entirely different set of gear to compete. When we have multi-target fights, we usually take FDCL and DI. Both of the spells procced by those talents are increased by Mastery. We'll be casting even more of those buffed spells! Just because your DoTs won't be doing as much damage doesn't mean you'll be doing less damage. Also, if we're stacking mastery, there's obviously going to be another stat on the gear we have that isn't mastery, and it won't be spirit or hit either! It'll be something that will increase the damage (in some form or another) of our DoTs.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Mastery ends up being garbage, and we have to stack haste again into the stratosphere, but I'm holding my worries about that until the beta is more underway.
    Agreed. I've said this on multiple threads/forums now, but, we don't know how gear will scale, we don't know how fights will look,and we don't know how our stats will scale. They said they're trying to make all classes secondary stats roughly equal. So on multi target fights our mastery will still be helpful and on single target stats other than mastery will still be helpful. For example , on protectors you still use MB on cd, mind sear, and SW:d as much as possible on the add phases. All of those abilities are affected by our mastery.

Let's see how things look once the game us in the beta first. This is still a great change from what we have now. They've acknowledged what outr faults are and they're trying to improve then. This is a great change.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz