Going into WoD Arms and Fury were given the ability to Shield Barrier if in defensive stance, using rage to instead play defensively but atm much like its Prot-self it's very crap. So blizzard pretty much took prots shield barrier and gave it to the other specs and that's the problem, it doesn't work.

Firstly 20 rage cost is absolutely fine, taking an additional 20 just because the rage is there, now that's not. I'd like the most control over my rage as possible and I think this one goes for all the specs. I'd much rather the absorb effect stacked and reset duration so I could choose to press it more if I needed more of an absorb, giving up damage for defence.

Secondly, which has already been said, it absorbs for peanuts. Other classes can forgo offence for some defence but why would we ever switch into defensive stance then consume 20 rage or more depending just to absorb 4k-ish dmg? Warrior has always been one of the classes with the least healing abilities and I like the idea of a non magic brute force class so a Shield Barrier that works would be a nice addition to Arms and Furys competitiveness with other Hybrids, warriors are still hyrids after all.

Thirdly, the name does not make sense for Arms and Fury because well, they don't have Shields. Arms and Fury should get their very own ability tailored to what they need, we know absorbs as a mechanic works and Arms and Fury's Shield Barrier probably already has different scaling to that of Prots but "shield" barrier... cmon. Now that I think about it I know a shield doesn't always mean the physical object but I still think it's lame.

With the new Barrier you could either, drop into defensive spam all your rage down and potentially save your life but you won't be killing anyone any time soon or use it to find opportune moments of a fight blocking out heavier damage whilst keeping some rage to continue pressure. I like to think it would create a little more strategic play to Arms instead of just blow up the enemy before they can kill you.

I know that absorbs are some what magical and the warriors would then seemingly create them from nothing but I'm sure we can think of a way that it makes sense? after all we are still in a magical world.

So what do you think? Maybe my versions a bit strong but I feel atm Arms is pair yourself with a healer or die and I think a change like this would help. Also what would you guys like the ability to be named? Try to think of a name that makes sense and would explain why we are receiving this absorb. My suggestion is, wait for it "barrier" but I'm sure you guys can come up with something better lol.

Maybe it's a stupid idea, maybe it's great feel free to pick at it.