Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    The only thing that has kept me going after 9 yrs has been the Melee Healing monk.

With WOD that's pretty much gone.

Been fun WoW, but you've drastically changed waaay too much. Time for me to move on
    ...It's pretty early into Alpha to be saying stuff like that. Lol.

Deleted
    from what i understand chi explosion will only be available in crane stance
    that's really shit, the spell seemed really cool

the best way to aoe will probably to take path of mists and detonate chi

with a cast time, and hard way to gain chi, i can't understand how uplift can now beat detonate chi ou chi torpedo

well we probably have to wait the new mana cost and spell scaling to see how all of this is going to work

But if MW first look is really disapoiting, the whole changes on healing mecanism seem really good
    the race for " who is going to heal faster" was just totally not fun, i really hope we'll see lots of health bars not full most of the time

The only thing that has kept me going after 9 yrs has been the Melee Healing monk.

Been fun WoW, but you've drastically changed waaay too much. Time for me to move on
    I'm not sure if anyone has told you this but, mistweavers will still exist in Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Chi Explosion should be available in both stances. In the healing stance it will heal an ally for some amount and in the dps stance it will damage your target for some amount (and presumably eminence heal off of that damage).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    It seems the version listed in the calculator is the Serpent stance version, and another version yet to be revealed (though similar) will be damage focused and possibly replace Blackout Kick for Crane stance.

- - - Updated - - -

It's good to see that they are really trying to make Crane stance a "target the enemy and heals will happen" playstyle, it really was jarring before to constantly switch between targeting enemies and targeting friendlies with spells (even with mouse overs). I had so many help/harm switching macros it drove me bonkers. I noticed that Eminence still retains the heals "lowest" health player wording, which is nice. We can't damage and have to worry about selecting appropriate targets for triage. The most we worry about is our placement and the statue's placement, though I think the Eminence range on the Monk should be 15 yards and the range on the statue should be 40 yards. I really like that they are adding Rising Sun Kick with special Crane stance effects. It seems melee healing is back, I just hope it doesn't get too good that it's nerfed before we ever get to play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crane stance should do about 50% damage of a dps and 50% heals of a healer, maybe a little more.

Expel Harm and Renewing Mist are supposed to be our baseline chi generators, with the more spirit we get the more we will use Surging Mist.

Readiness tooltips are not right.

Convert to Raid
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-04-06 at 05:52 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I know it is not a new thing, but I am not sure why they gave up on it. What were the mechanics of dark chi back then? I came into the beta too late.
    Back then Jab generated 1 light and 1 dark chi and u had spells that consume either dark or light chi... (I don't know how healing was supposed to work, I think there was no mw implemented that early) But ofc nowadays every1 thinks dark chi would be generated and spent only by damaging abilities, separating them from "healing" chi system. Honestly I see 2 issues with it but I think both would be easy to solve. 1) since SCK does dmg and healing it could generate both light and dark chi, solution would be separating it into 2 spells or making it proc "wildcard" chi, sort of like dk death runes. 2) is banking both dark and light chi before some big burst... this would be cherrypicking they said they dont want(for some reason), you would first burn light and then dark, ofc this would depend on how good would dark chi finishers be, if light chi generators and/or straight mana heals would be better for healing(meaning more hps and hpm), there would be no issue. Though I rly don't get whats their beef with mistweavers cherrypicking, discs can switch to damage anytime without changing stances and they get +25% healing "cd" from it as a bonus, they are severly punishing us and revarding them for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    ...It's pretty early into Alpha to be saying stuff like that. Lol.
    No it's not, the sooner we start to express our negative feedback the better, but it should be constructive at least

To me WoD is so far extremely dissapointing and not just because of mw changes, look at all the features introduced in MoP, in WoD we get only Garrisons. The only feature I would ask for in WoD is better class design. Yes I am sure raids will be very well designed, but if the class you play is not fun to play, chances are you won't like raiding in WoD. Reducing number of instants and/or casting on the move is a step backwards and immidietely less fun to play with. The damage to healing conversion can certainly prevent boredom in farm raids at least a bit. I would quote Reglitch here: "a) I press my heal and it heals, I feel good. b) I press my heal and it doesn’t heal, I feel bad."(ye I know he used it in different context but still.) There will always be moments in raids where we have nothing to heal for a few seconds, at least then we could do some damage instead, I think nobody is enjoying just standing there and doing nothing to save mana in middle of boss fight. I thought they would give all healers some form of healing from damage, instead they just castrated ours. Also where is active mana regeneration? Only monks have it right now.

The most enjoyable classes this expansion were monks and warlocks. E. g. look at the difference between classes like rogue and warlock, one is boring design where you constantly have to wait for energy, the other is fresh and really enjoyable rotation. And instead of bringing every1 to warlock(monk)s level, they stomp us down in line with the shitty 10 year old designs.
    Last edited by mmoc74e1e3d53a; 2014-04-06 at 11:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    Back then Jab generated 1 light and 1 dark chi and u had spells that consume either dark or light chi... (I don't know how healing was supposed to work, I think there was no mw implemented that early) But ofc nowadays every1 thinks dark chi would be generated and spent only by damaging abilities, separating them from "healing" chi system. Honestly I see 2 issues with it but I think both would be easy to solve. 1) since SCK does dmg and healing it could generate both light and dark chi, solution would be separating it into 2 spells or making it proc "wildcard" chi, sort of like dk death runes. 2) is banking both dark and light chi before some big burst... this would be cherrypicking they said they dont want(for some reason), you would first burn light and then dark, ofc this would depend on how good would dark chi finishers be, if light chi generators and/or straight mana heals would be better for healing(meaning more hps and hpm), there would be no issue. Though I rly don't get whats their beef with mistweavers cherrypicking, discs can switch to damage anytime without changing stances and they get +25% healing "cd" from it as a bonus, they are severly punishing us and revarding them for the same thing.

No it's not, the sooner we start to express our negative feedback the better, but it should be constructive at least

To me WoD is so far extremely dissapointing and not just because of mw changes, look at all the features introduced in MoP, in WoD we get only Garrisons. The only feature I would ask for in WoD is better class design. Yes I am sure raids will be very well designed, but if the class you play is not fun to play, chances are you won't like raiding in WoD. Reducing number of instants and/or casting on the move is a step backwards and immidietely less fun to play with. The damage to healing conversion can certainly prevent boredom in farm raids at least a bit. I would quote Reglitch here: "a) I press my heal and it heals, I feel good. b) I press my heal and it doesn’t heal, I feel bad."(ye I know he used it in different context but still.) There will always be moments in raids where we have nothing to heal for a few seconds, at least then we could do some damage instead, I think nobody is enjoying just standing there and doing nothing to save mana in middle of boss fight. I thought they would give all healers some form of healing from damage, instead they just castrated ours. Also where is active mana regeneration? Only monks have it right now.

The most enjoyable classes this expansion were monks and warlocks. E. g. look at the difference between classes like rogue and warlock, one is boring design where you constantly have to wait for energy, the other is fresh and really enjoyable rotation. And instead of bringing every1 to warlock(monk)s level, they make stomp us down in line with the shitty 10 year old designs.
    These are the 2 problems I see with mistweavers and fistweaving, 1. jab creating chi for healing abilities, that would be fixed by dark chi. The other would be that some people might just go pure fistweaving and ignore soothing. My Idea to fix this would be an in between charka and eclipse, the more melee abilties the less you would heal and the more you heal the less you would damage, but fistweaving would give you a good amount of heals if you are not full fistweaving so it would be an interesting playstyle. That would be my dream mistweaver to play, I am making a big post on the problems misttweavers are facing and how to solve them.

Everything blizzard seems to be doing to mistweavers seem wrong. I think the whole movement things will go terrible. In pvp, and in some cases in pve you just have to move in certain cases and when you take that away from us we will be useless. Atleast give use a small spell to use while moving, or let us channel soothing mist while moving but not let us use em or chi surge while doing that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

the wow Community in a nutshell lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    Of course; I meant that it's a bit soon to say "gg blizz quitting WoW." That's a bit unreasonable when things could change before launch, and as you imply, not very constructive, except letting Blizzard know that you're upset.