Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Immortal draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    7,706
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I bet you are a LFR wear no glyphs.
    I'm not, but if I was, what relevance does that have to levelling and glyphs, ad hominem all you want.

  2. #122
    Well they added 80 new Glyphs and presumably will ocntinue to add more with Content Patches to create a Blizzard style Experience where the first Glyphs are free, the next batch is cheap as it is learned from Vendor, the 3rd batch will be expensive due to requiring research and then there will be some Glyph_of_the_Skeleton shenanigans that some Servers will never see for Months due to being rare.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  3. #123
    on QQ you can't rip people off anymore, get over it. you have other ways of making money if your too lazy to do dalies for your gold.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Well they added 80 new Glyphs and presumably will ocntinue to add more with Content Patches to create a Blizzard style Experience where the first Glyphs are free, the next batch is cheap as it is learned from Vendor, the 3rd batch will be expensive due to requiring research and then there will be some Glyph_of_the_Skeleton shenanigans that some Servers will never see for Months due to being rare.
    It was definitely shenanigans alright. 1% drop rate on a ~90 min rare spawn, lol. I ended up selling the technique for 15k gold because I don't have a scribe but I'm sure the guy has more than made his gold back by now (it's a cool glyph too)

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Are you serious? Just look at that list, that's all glyphs we won't be selling anymore. Doesn't matter how big a part of the whole that is. In fact, these are some of the most useful glyphs, and therefor the most sought after, and best selling ones. With this gone it's going to be down to cosmetic glyphs and completionists to make some gold.

    I understand the underlying thought, but the effect of it still sucks for Scribes. Inscription did not need a nerf, and was allready far to reliant on a big push with trinkets at the start of the expansion followed by a trickle of spread out glyph sales. This just makes the trinket start THAT much more important, cause anyone with Inscription as a main profession will struggle to keep making gold after that. I mean there is a limit to the amount of new glyphs Blizz can introduce to keep Scribes in business so what will Scribes do when other professions get new recipes or have continued need of their products?
    The free glyphs don't bother me at all - as you said above the real gold is made during the first patch or two of each expansion. Has been that way for a long time. The only glyphs I sell are those form the levelling process of new scribes. ( I like to start expansions with 5 scribes to make the most out of the DMCs )

    Plus going through that list there are only three I can see that I have on my level capped toons , three out of 27 slots --the free ones are useless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I have to agree. Glyphs are very important even while leveling. You dont truely need anything from profs until you're max level except glyphs and you can't expect a newby level 15 guy to have 300g.

    This change was much needed.
    Your kidding arnt you - glyphs while levelling -- absolutely not needed , neither are gems or enchants, I will go further, glyphs enchants and gems arnt needed unless you raid .
    And those whinging about the price of glyphs, its a free market, things sell for what people are prepared to pay, don't like it the price don't buy it, go make your own scribe instead

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Yeah but it's the important ones. The ones that players are going to want for their classes and specs. What's going to be left? Minor glyphs?
    oh no. You can't charge 150g for basic glyphs which open up different play styles anymore. Nothing pained me more than reroll on a new server and having to spend precious mount money to buy glyphs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    The free glyphs don't bother me at all - as you said above the real gold is made during the first patch or two of each expansion. Has been that way for a long time. The only glyphs I sell are those form the levelling process of new scribes. ( I like to start expansions with 5 scribes to make the most out of the DMCs )

    Plus going through that list there are only three I can see that I have on my level capped toons , three out of 27 slots --the free ones are useless.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Your kidding arnt you - glyphs while levelling -- absolutely not needed , neither are gems or enchants, I will go further, glyphs enchants and gems arnt needed unless you raid .
    And those whinging about the price of glyphs, its a free market, things sell for what people are prepared to pay, don't like it the price don't buy it, go make your own scribe instead
    Don't know if you've leveled a character in the last 3 expansions, but glyphs do matter. They allow for different ways to do things and can be a QoL type thing. This is a most welcomed change.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions


    BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

  7. #127
    glyphs don't matter while levelling.

    give me one example where you could not progress in levels without a certain glyph.

  8. #128
    Pit Lord Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I admit I never could figure out how to make money from Inscription (like..serious money) so I don't really care
    It's like every profession, you have to watch the trends and predict when something is going to sell like hotcakes. I use to play the AH a lot back in BC/Wrath but quite frankly I don't have the time or the patience for it anymore. Especially with how god awful botting has gotten in the last couple of years. If you want my advice just go Alchemy (probably the safest profession since vanilla, money wise) and save up mats for expansion launch. There is no better time to make gold than the first 2 months after expac release. That's when people are willing to pay ridiculous sums of gold for really easy to farm items. Just make sure you don't fall for the mount crafting trap; which can either make you or break you.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE

  9. #129
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's like every profession, you have to watch the trends and predict when something is going to sell like hotcakes. I use to play the AH a lot back in BC/Wrath but quite frankly I don't have the time or the patience for it anymore. Especially with how god awful botting has gotten in the last couple of years. If you want my advice just go Alchemy (probably the safest profession since vanilla, money wise) and save up mats for expansion launch. There is no better time to make gold than the first 2 months after expac release. That's when people are willing to pay ridiculous sums of gold for really easy to farm items. Just make sure you don't fall for the mount crafting trap; which can either make you or break you.
    This doesn't generally work with inscription since you need to be on a massive realm to even have enough demand to be making serious money from it. 1 scribe can happily fulfill 100's of players glyph needs for their wow lifetime.

    Alchemy has always been horribly easy to make money with and holds the mining-crafting professions by the balls every expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  10. #130
    Immortal draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    7,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    glyphs don't matter while levelling.

    give me one example where you could not progress in levels without a certain glyph.
    There are a few that 'help', but yes they dont matter, not one bit, I levelled a feral with full loom gear and rarely even used prowl because I could just 2 shot everything anyway. I've levelled characters ever since glyphs and doubt I'e ever bothered to buy a single one.

  11. #131

    Lightbulb Some Perspective

    This post is for everyone who has recently leveled inscription (such as myself) or is thinking of it and is wondering if glyph research is still worth doing. I went through the list of the newly made "automatic" glyphs and hope to grant everyone some perspective.

    At the moment there are 437 glyphs in game. From the alpha patch notes, 86 of those will be made automatic.
    Approximately 20% of all glyphs will be given to classes upon leveling.

    Of those 86 glyphs from the patch notes, 46 of them are learned from trainers.
    About 53% of the glyphs being removed from inscriptionists are learned from trainers.

    Of the 40 remaining that are learned from research, 30 are learned from northrend research, of which there are 131 total (including glyph mastery recipes).
    The glyphs being removed from northrend research make up about 23% of the northrend research glyphs.

    Of the left over 10 recipes being removed, 4 are from minor research, 4 are from scrolls, and 2 are world drops in pandaria.

    So IMO I really think everyone is giving Blizzard a really hard time for nothing. Sure this'll change up the economy a bit, but hell just releasing the expansion at all will do that. Anyway I hope these numbers are helpful to people

  12. #132
    Pit Lord Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This doesn't generally work with inscription since you need to be on a massive realm to even have enough demand to be making serious money from it. 1 scribe can happily fulfill 100's of players glyph needs for their wow lifetime.

    Alchemy has always been horribly easy to make money with and holds the mining-crafting professions by the balls every expansion.
    You are correct, but it's still possible to make some gold as a side profession. I have 2 max level mages that I use as my main profession/crafters; one of them is max alch and enchanting while the other is max inscription and JC. Out of those 4 professions, inscription is by far the least lucrative but I still manage to make some gold by selling off-hand fans for around 2-3k (epic level ones). At least last time I played they where going for that much on my server Area52 which is densely populated. My point is that even though it's not a serious money making profession it's still viable if you use your mats effectively. It's one of those professions that heavily depends on the player being ahead of the curve and prepared for a very short but profitable period. Then going back into hibernation where you basically sell something once or twice a week. Instead of daily revenue of anywhere from 3-4k with alch/enchanting.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE

  13. #133
    I hope they redefine the whole profession so it isn't a copy of alchemy. Perhaps they will turn into full time trinket makers, with some of the best trinkets being highest raid drops.

  14. #134
    Moderator Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,120
    The now automatically learned glyphs were leveling glyphs that we'd never have spent money on anyway. I have no idea what you're complaining about. Not to mention they're adding much more useful glyphs to your market, and you can jack up the prices of the ones that will be useful at maximum level (see: all the glyphs that aren't automatically learned).

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well with the new glyphs turning up in datamining and Celestalon speaking of about 80 new glyphs makes me slightly less worried that Inscription will become a dead profession.

    Now we will just have to hope they don't repeat the disaster of introducing glyphs like they did on TImeless Isle, with some of them near enough impossible to get. Cause it's exactly THAT kind of rarity that drives prices up, which seems to have been a problem.

    I'd rather have a system where if we patiently work at it we eventually get all the glyphs, like we've had with Inscription research in the past. That makes it so there's a level playing field and people can and will sell glyphs based on how dedicated they are to applying their trade.
    if you patiently work at it you can get all the Timeless Isle glyphs it's just a different type of work

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rilos View Post
    I hope they redefine the whole profession so it isn't a copy of alchemy. Perhaps they will turn into full time trinket makers, with some of the best trinkets being highest raid drops.
    I doubt it with the changes of professions having no combat bonuses, the lowering of gem slots on gear, the glyph changes, and the change of gems only being secondary stats it really looks like Blizz is striving for all professions to be enhancing but not mandatory in any way

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I doubt it with the changes of professions having no combat bonuses, the lowering of gem slots on gear, the glyph changes, and the change of gems only being secondary stats it really looks like Blizz is striving for all professions to be enhancing but not mandatory in any way
    Which is what they should have been in the first place.
    Really one of the worst things they did for professions was introduce the combat bonuses in the first place.

    It has been stated pretty clearly that only selected glyphs are going to be learned by default.
    More are being added, also been said.

    In short there is no death of the profession incoming.
    Same was said when glyphs became single use, and it didn't die out then during what I would call a far more substantial change.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  17. #137
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    The now automatically learned glyphs were leveling glyphs that we'd never have spent money on anyway. I have no idea what you're complaining about. Not to mention they're adding much more useful glyphs to your market, and you can jack up the prices of the ones that will be useful at maximum level (see: all the glyphs that aren't automatically learned).
    Maybe if you're on a dead server -

    oh wait those likely won't exist in WoD either

    @ComputerNerd it already is dead profession to anyone looking to make real money with it, this just makes it even more laughable. Once 6.0 is over there really isn't going to be a reason for 90% of people with it to keep it, since it looks like even engineering will be able to make more money - and there will be no combat perk.

    I disagree about combat perks being a bad thing - but they should've been homogenized instead of removed.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-05-17 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    From the WoD patch notes:
    More stupid simplifications coming in WoD. This xpac is just looking more and more like waste tbh :/
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Maybe if you're on a dead server -

    oh wait those likely won't exist in WoD either

    @ComputerNerd it already is dead profession to anyone looking to make real money with it, this just makes it even more laughable. Once 6.0 is over there really isn't going to be a reason for 90% of people with it to keep it, since it looks like even engineering will be able to make more money - and there will be no combat perk.

    I disagree about combat perks being a bad thing - but they should've been homogenized instead of removed.
    Actually lots of people do still make money from it.
    You just aren't.

    Lots of ignorance and simply dismissing anything not agreeing with your pre-formed opinion.

    There are going to be new glyphs, so players will still need those.

    We heard the same when glyphs became single use, the same excuses used by people then about how the profession was going to die.
    It didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  20. #140
    Immortal draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    7,706
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually lots of people do still make money from it.
    You just aren't.

    Lots of ignorance and simply dismissing anything not agreeing with your pre-formed opinion.

    There are going to be new glyphs, so players will still need those.

    We heard the same when glyphs became single use, the same excuses used by people then about how the profession was going to die.
    Sure, it's not dead, it's still a terrible profession for making any money at the end of a patch. Has been since off hands and dmf trinkets became redundant. Glyphs are a very poor source of income.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •