Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    Inscription was always a bad idea for making gold. Leatherworkers sold leg armors for 600g/piece and the inscription shoulder enchants were 100g. What ?
    Scribes can make a lot of money from decks early in expansions. I made 100k in WOTLK which was a lot back then in a month and I was a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    HAHAHA your avatar killed me!!!
    Is that the cat off /r/photoshopbattles

it's a badly stuffed lynx head mount. its supposed to be viciously roaring. instead it looks like the emoticon with the open mouth.

I wish scrolls with buffs would be more important so we could make money off of that. Or maybe we could be able to create those cosmetic items that they've teased about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    it's a badly stuffed lynx head mount. its supposed to be viciously roaring. instead it looks like the emoticon with the open mouth.
    It's awesome, that's what it is.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Oh no! I was leveling inscription on my shaman!!!!

Dmf trinkets will still be a cash crop
    Nixs

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd love it if the Decks had a second tier (and indeed if all professions had relevant items throughout an expansion). Perhaps you could create the king, queen and jack of each deck and upgrade an existing deck to a greater version (making use of stockpiled mats this way).
    Will never happen. I will use the engineering helm as an example. Blizzard has stated that the reason the engineering helm (and other items like it) exist is to only help a character get started on the expansion long gear progression. If they upgraded these pieces with every new tier, then it would slowly become that everyone has to take engineering because the helm is best in slot every tier no matter what.

Take the cards, weapons, helms, etc for what they are. Gear that helps you prepare for the first raids of an expansion and nothing more.

There are too many glyphs right now. I have 11 x 36-slot bags and I still need to rotate some into the bank slots when listing. I'm expecting a lot more in WoD so I'm glad they're removing a lot of the earlier ones - hopefully it'll balance out in the end. To be honest I'm getting a bit fed up of listing glyphs, I can go days without being arsed, but I always go back because it's still the only prof I have that pulls in consistent gold.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Something needed to be done. With over 500 separate glyphs, it took WAY too much time and bank space to even catalog and sell the glyphs. Inscription has been a very shitty profession for a long time.
    Agreed. I use it merely to kit out my personal toons with glyphs.

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112319-knights-badge
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112318-skull-of-war
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112320-sandmans-pouch
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112317-winged-hourglass

Subject to change, but the current ilvl is pretty low and they're crit ICD procs. MoP's were really good with primary stat procs and higher uptime (45s ICD). The item level is also super low. Not going ham on inscription trinkets this time. Alch trinket was at least 620: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=109262 and a primary stat proc. My 588 BBOY could probably give the DMF trinket a run for its money looking at the squished stats. (775 crit squished)

- - - Updated - - -

Per Owen, current DMF trinkets are PHs

Depends what other trinkets are available, but if so that's pretty damning for the profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I might contemplate switching to tailoring personally, I see no future for inscription if thats the kind of turd we have. Being hindered by the Darkmoon thing as well always does my nut.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-06-09 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I might contemplate switching to tailoring personally, I see no future for inscription if thats the kind of turd we have. Being hindered by the Darkmoon thing as well always does my nut.
    Would take tailoring if your caster for the sole purpose of cloth and productin of the varrious upgradable gear from lvl 92 to max that goes to 660 and has a epic slot FOR EVERY item and can proc Pristine <warforged> and sockets in the crafts. I would assume Scribes can still create staffs yes? So craft some 660 staffs to sell or better yet proc a Pristine craft and make huge money. Blacksmithing can do FAR more though. Enite plate set and tons of weapon combos. Excellent to pair with mining and a mining Garrison building to suppliment as much material as possible. Nevermind that suppliments from Garrisons and Garrison outposts should fill your profession needs on a single character unless u do a mining outpost in every garrison / outpost for a high production rate. Make enchanting bulding if you lack it so you can recycle epics and other important items.

WoD is doing wonders for professions.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Something needed to be done. With over 500 separate glyphs, it took WAY too much time and bank space to even catalog and sell the glyphs. Inscription has been a very shitty profession for a long time.
    Yeah, it was like at least 3 alts with all their bag slots dedicated just for glyph business.

But realistically, the change is much needed, since on many realms the glyph markets are run by rip-offers, who want 200-300gold for their 15 gold crafting cost glyphs. Obviously there is no way a true new player can ever afford something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Yeah, it was like at least 3 alts with all their bag slots dedicated just for glyph business.

But realistically, the change is much needed, since on many realms the glyph markets are run by rip-offers, who want 200-300gold for their 15 gold crafting cost glyphs. Obviously there is no way a true new player can ever afford something like that!
    rip-offers?! It's called supply and demand..

If players do not have to pay for a 200g-300g Glyph they don't have to. Too many people seem to forget 99% of items on the AH can be obtained outside the AH. The player can simple level up their own Scribe to get the glyphs they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    rip-offers?! It's called supply and demand..

If players do not have to pay for a 200g-300g Glyph they don't have to. Too many people seem to forget 99% of items on the AH can be obtained outside the AH. The player can simple level up their own Scribe to get the glyphs they need.
    THIS!! And on my server, I was posting glyphs at 700g at maximum, I just raised the bar to 900g max, let's see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post

For a start on any non-huge realms the mats cost for a lot of glyphs is closer to 50g, often higher (easily 100g on my old server).

Secondly the cost in most glyphs is the difficulty in obtaining the pattern, not the cost of the mats. Much like people sold vial of the sands for ridiculous prices at first (and still do on quieter servers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Would take tailoring if your caster for the sole purpose of cloth and productin of the varrious upgradable gear from lvl 92 to max that goes to 660 and has a epic slot FOR EVERY item and can proc Pristine <warforged> and sockets in the crafts. I would assume Scribes can still create staffs yes? So craft some 660 staffs to sell or better yet proc a Pristine craft and make huge money. Blacksmithing can do FAR more though. Enite plate set and tons of weapon combos. Excellent to pair with mining and a mining Garrison building to suppliment as much material as possible. Nevermind that suppliments from Garrisons and Garrison outposts should fill your profession needs on a single character unless u do a mining outpost in every garrison / outpost for a high production rate. Make enchanting bulding if you lack it so you can recycle epics and other important items.
    I'm a priest so am really thinking about tailoring for sure, but I wont be dropping enchanting, that cost me a fortune to powerlevel! I don't understand this pristine, upgradeable business so Ill look in to that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-06-13 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    From the WoD patch notes:
    I think WoW will compensate us for it.