Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Something needed to be done. With over 500 separate glyphs, it took WAY too much time and bank space to even catalog and sell the glyphs. Inscription has been a very shitty profession for a long time.
    Yeah, it was like at least 3 alts with all their bag slots dedicated just for glyph business.

But realistically, the change is much needed, since on many realms the glyph markets are run by rip-offers, who want 200-300gold for their 15 gold crafting cost glyphs. Obviously there is no way a true new player can ever afford something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Yeah, it was like at least 3 alts with all their bag slots dedicated just for glyph business.

But realistically, the change is much needed, since on many realms the glyph markets are run by rip-offers, who want 200-300gold for their 15 gold crafting cost glyphs. Obviously there is no way a true new player can ever afford something like that!
    rip-offers?! It's called supply and demand..

If players do not have to pay for a 200g-300g Glyph they don't have to. Too many people seem to forget 99% of items on the AH can be obtained outside the AH. The player can simple level up their own Scribe to get the glyphs they need.
    FREE Gold Making Tips
    16,656,251g+ Made Since January 19, 2012
    @Elvinelol | Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    rip-offers?! It's called supply and demand..

If players do not have to pay for a 200g-300g Glyph they don't have to. Too many people seem to forget 99% of items on the AH can be obtained outside the AH. The player can simple level up their own Scribe to get the glyphs they need.
    THIS!! And on my server, I was posting glyphs at 700g at maximum, I just raised the bar to 900g max, let's see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post

For a start on any non-huge realms the mats cost for a lot of glyphs is closer to 50g, often higher (easily 100g on my old server).

Secondly the cost in most glyphs is the difficulty in obtaining the pattern, not the cost of the mats. Much like people sold vial of the sands for ridiculous prices at first (and still do on quieter servers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Would take tailoring if your caster for the sole purpose of cloth and productin of the varrious upgradable gear from lvl 92 to max that goes to 660 and has a epic slot FOR EVERY item and can proc Pristine <warforged> and sockets in the crafts. I would assume Scribes can still create staffs yes? So craft some 660 staffs to sell or better yet proc a Pristine craft and make huge money. Blacksmithing can do FAR more though. Enite plate set and tons of weapon combos. Excellent to pair with mining and a mining Garrison building to suppliment as much material as possible. Nevermind that suppliments from Garrisons and Garrison outposts should fill your profession needs on a single character unless u do a mining outpost in every garrison / outpost for a high production rate. Make enchanting bulding if you lack it so you can recycle epics and other important items.
    I'm a priest so am really thinking about tailoring for sure, but I wont be dropping enchanting, that cost me a fortune to powerlevel! I don't understand this pristine, upgradeable business so Ill look in to that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-06-13 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    From the WoD patch notes:
    I think WoW will compensate us for it.

looking beyond reality; LA; Complainerville
    Stop with the dramatics.

Save removing the profession entirely, no profession is ever dead, when they lose a little bit of what they do.

Blizzard will compensate for the removals.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

We could live life without understanding the full scope and magnitude of the consequences of our actions - and that's the beauty of it. It is up to us to take responsibility for our actions, and to do what is best, that is completely within the course of our actions.