Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't like this at all. Less options is never a good thing in an MMO in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I don't like this at all. Less options is never a good thing in an MMO in my opinion.
    What options? Players should never EVER get the feeling where they need to get this certain spec or profession for min/max needs because then their feeling of agency is just an illusion and this is never a good thing.

It's more options. You can now take the profession(or none at all) you want without worrying about it not being as good for combat as another profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's more options. You can now take the profession(or none at all) you want without worrying about it not being as good for combat as another profession.
    Or you can say screw professions entirely because I only did them for the benefit they gave. Now I wont have to suffer through them.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Or you can say screw professions entirely because I only did them for the benefit they gave. Now I wont have to suffer through them.
    Or you can say "Gee I have the same crafting profession on multiple characters and it appears to be useless to me now. Glad I wasted all that time/gold/real money on leveling these now useless professions."
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Or you can say "Gee I have the same crafting profession on multiple characters and it appears to be useless to me now. Glad I wasted all that time/gold/real money on leveling these now useless professions."
    Such is life.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    The same thing you get every expansion , a virtual new game where you have to relearn how to play your class. Keeps the game fresh and alive
    Yeah, if I wanted a brand new game, I'd buy a brand new game. Change for the sake of change is fucking retarded.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Really, it just turns this into World of Gatherers.

I could see playing engineering for the helm and then swapping out of it for skinning and herbing later. On the positive side, actually gathering on my main will be nice. On the negative, I'm sure that's what everyone will be thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye 2 hour flasks...
    The extended flask duration part of Mixology will likely remain, the stat boost will not.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Thank god I don't have to feel crippled because Skinning goes nicely with my Leatherworker anymore.

Actually, it wouldn't because you have to type at least 10 characters.
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So, in light.

Engineering, inscription, jewlcrafting, enchanting will all be completely and utterly useless and won't make you a lick of gold either.
    JC and ench are popular for gold making, inscrip cards sell for a fortune early in the xpac and the Sky Golem was like a license to print money.

Eng useless? Hello rocket boots/gliders? It's INCREDIBLY overpowered in PVP, where utility is king.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Yeah, if I wanted a brand new game, I'd buy a brand new game. Change for the sake of change is fucking retarded.
    Change for the sake of change? The front page of MMO-C is like 10 pages long because they put the EXACT REASON for every change in a paragraph before every single change.

Like their reasons or not, they have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Really, it just turns this into World of Gatherers.

I could see playing engineering for the helm and then swapping out of it for skinning and herbing later. On the positive side, actually gathering on my main will be nice. On the negative, I'm sure that's what everyone will be thinking.
    1) If you think gathering is optimal for making money, go talk to those people who play the AH for money. They will laugh at you wasting your time gathering when you can make vastly more gold/min on the AH.

2) Crafting retains its privileged position being able to make current content relevant gear, which early in the expansion commands a HUGE price.

3) They also make current content relevant flasks, gems and glyphs which are of steady value to the economy (Inscrip may be somewhat at risk though).

4) Crafting professions have numerous other perks, eg mounts and pets and toys. At least some of them do :P

- - - Updated - - -

Not having certain professions in a privileged position DPS-wise gives you MORE options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

skinning still gets screwed so whatever. lets fix miner and herb but leave skinning alone. assholes.

the perks i am glad they are going so people actually get the profession they want instead of min/maxing all the time with them.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Thank fuck they decided to do this! I've hated having to level and maintain two crafting professions every expansion for the simple fact that they are a minor DPS increase.

It will be nice to go back to skinning/leatherworking. I've missed the days of being able to both gather and craft things without having to resort to playing an alt.

Now, if only they could have removed the racial combat perks. I honestly don't know why they're sitting on their thumbs concerning those.

Goodbye 2 hour flasks...
    Not been said in words, but I suspect that one could remain.
    It isn't a perk which impacts combat. it not increasing your throughput.
    Changes to the Warlock Healthstones becoming a conjured replacement for health pots as a money saver, not too different from needing to use only half the number of flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So, in light.

Engineering, inscription, jewlcrafting, enchanting will all be completely and utterly useless and won't make you a lick of gold either.

Engineering was overdue for the changes, really it being a victim of poor design in the first place.
    The glyphs change is for good reasons, but I don't see people giving any arguments to the contrary, only throwing a tantrum and dismissing it outright.

We simply don't know enough yet to come up with the drama-queen announcements of them being "useless".
    Grow up and wait for a more complete picture before making such statements.

Only half the story here.

Look what happened when glyphs were single-use rather than consumbles, the costs went up.
    It can and almost certainly will happen again.
    Buyers and sellers had to adjust, and so will again.

Tailoring is going to be losing a lot of demand for bags due to storage changes, the toybox/heirloom UI.
    But that is something I just have to live with, and won't go around throwing a tantrum over.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-04 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Doesn't Blizzard realize that everyone is going to go engineering now? Unless of course they are removing the speed boost and stuff from it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Huh?

Its actually more options?

You choose the profession you like rather than being forced into mix/maxing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Doesn't Blizzard realize that everyone is going to go engineering now? Unless of course they are removing the speed boost and stuff from it.
    Shall we wait and see maybe?

I guess this is a good change, kinda .. All that is missing now is for professions to be actually usefull and fun to do instead of useless time/money sicks without the combat bonus, oh wait they haven't managed that since 2007? R.I.P. WoW Crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to understand what the point of professions will be now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Blizzard literally just charged everyone to boost these, then turned around and drastically changed how useful they are. They must have known when people were paying for profession boosts that they were going to be nerfing professions wholesale, and they didn't mention it until after many people had paid.
    They also got people to pay in full for an expansion that wasn't even in alpha yet with no firm release date or guarantee that the promised content will be included at launch. People need to be more careful with their spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Maybe they let you craft crap gear for your garrison dudes? So it has at least RP value? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    fun. you get to chose the profession you actually want instead of forced to min/max
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor