Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

So Professions won't have any bonus effect?

Am I understanding that right? No more dps perks?

That's literally, word for word, what it says, yes.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's literally, word for word, what it says, yes.
    a simple yes would've sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    a simple yes would've sufficed.
    Actually, it wouldn't because you have to type at least 10 characters.

Deleted
    To be honest there are still some QoL changes needed for professions at their core. Skinning should be merged with leatherworking as opposed to being a separate gathering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in light.

Engineering, inscription, jewlcrafting, enchanting will all be completely and utterly useless and won't make you a lick of gold either.

About time; the profession itself should be the only perk you need in picking a profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So, in light.

Engineering, inscription, jewlcrafting, enchanting will all be completely and utterly useless and won't make you a lick of gold either.
    JC and Enchanting are being brought down to other profession money making levels. Say it isn't so!

Professions no longer have combat benefit perks tied to them.
    I think the bolded word is important. It implies that perks that are not entirely combat based (goblin glider, for example) will stay. This means some professions will still have non-combat perks, and others will have no perks at all.

If that's really what is happening, I'll drop JC for eng like a hot potato.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    About time; the profession itself should be the only perk you need in picking a profession.
    How is having profession a perk if you cant do anything with it anyway?Engi has already almost nothing to offer outside the tinkers,jc/enchanting wont be that needed since they are reducing amount of items that can be enchanted/socketed,inscription? lolnope,you learn glyphs while lvling...

Deleted
    So, in light.

Do you want a side of fries with that hyberbole.

So, in light.

they still will make plenty .

Incription will still make money for the first two patches ( darkmoon trinkets)

JC , enchant will still make money the fist 3 to 4 weeks of each patch ( new gear to gem and enchant)

Engineering will still make money from toys ( mounts and pets )

So, in light.

Taking away flying, profession perks, tons of skills/spells/talents.

What exactly are we actually GETTING from this new expansion? All I see are lists of shit that's being taken away from us.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Haahahhaha I am so happy. I leveled an engineer because I knew they wouldn't be that great but wanted to try something new, and now I am getting rewarded for my choice of choice. Hahhaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Taking away flying, profession perks, tons of skills/spells/talents.

What exactly are we actually GETTING from this new expansion? All I see are lists of shit that's being taken away from us.
    The same thing you get every expansion , a virtual new game where you have to relearn how to play your class. Keeps the game fresh and alive

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Should be, but will it? Aside from Alchemy, Enchanting, and Jewelcrafting the other professions have been almost completely worthless since Wrath. And this expansion has by far been the worst for professions because by time you can gather the mats you need from raiding to craft anything worth a crap, you will have better gear from the raid dungeon itself. Crafting should be a timesink and should require effort to gather mats, but it's been broken in WoW for years and the "perks" they added were merely a bandaid for a gaping wound they have yet to show signs of repairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Haahahhaha I am so happy. I leveled an engineer because I knew they wouldn't be that great but wanted to try something new, and now I am getting rewarded for my choice of choice. Hahhaa!!!!
    Actually at the moment engineering is the NO1 professions DPS wise for hunters ( maybe all dps classes ) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye 2 hour flasks...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Should be, but will it? Aside from Alchemy, Enchanting, and Jewelcrafting the other professions have been almost completely worthless since Wrath. And this expansion has by far been the worst for professions because by time you can gather the mats you need from raiding to craft anything worth a crap, you will have better gear from the raid dungeon itself. Crafting should be a timesink and should require effort to gather mats, but it's been broken in WoW for years and the "perks" they added were merely a bandaid for a gaping wound they have yet to show signs of repairing.
    I agree that some of the things done with crafting professions this expansion have been silly (raid mats that can't be obtained in LFR or Flex for example). However, considering crafted gear next expansion can benefit from tertiary stats I will be interested in seeing how crafting will end up.

As for some professions not getting picked anymore I really don't see any that suffer; Engineering will still have things like the Glider and Nitro Boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard literally just charged everyone to boost these, then turned around and drastically changed how useful they are. They must have known when people were paying for profession boosts that they were going to be nerfing professions wholesale, and they didn't mention it until after many people had paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.