What spec for the last 3 SoO bosses?

Hey, So I'm currently trialling with a 14/14H guild and we're up to siegecrafter, i'm not sure what specs I should have set up for the final 3 bosses.

Assass / Sub Weapons are 2x H Norushen's shortblade, one warforged.

Combat Weapons are 1x Softfoot's last resort, and 1x heroic warforged Norushen's shortblade.

Would I be right in assuming that Assassination or Sub would be best for Paragons and Siegecrafter?

How is assassination on garrosh?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Hey, So I'm currently trialling with a 14/14H guild and we're up to siegecrafter, i'm not sure what specs I should have set up for the final 3 bosses.

Assass / Sub Weapons are 2x H Norushen's shortblade, one warforged.

Combat Weapons are 1x Softfoot's last resort, and 1x heroic warforged Norushen's shortblade.

Would I be right in assuming that Assassination or Sub would be best for Paragons and Siegecrafter?

How is assassination on garrosh?

Thanks in advance!
    If the softfoots is not heroic or hwf, play the spec you have HWFs weapons for. Combat is superior in all fights (possible exception on garrosh with extended execute phase, but its not significant.) I play combat and do the same single target as our sin rogue + being able to cleave shit down.
    But if you don't have the weapons for combat, just play sin.

Yeah, I was combat until I got the HWF dagger last night, my combat weapon is only 561 with a 580 offhand whereas my mut weapons are 580 + 574, so I think i'll try mut, thanks for the advice!

siegecrafter doesnt matter. yet you still should use your cds on the belt.
    klaxxi also doesn't really matter. you can pad your dmg as combat.
    combat cleave pad. but single target at the end of the fight i have the same number as combat. Maybe you your guild will need the cleave in p1. so maybe you should go combat there. if not, do what you please.

so both specs are competetive. it doesn't really matter. i switched a few weeks ago to combat.
    though i usually have top parses as assasination. I don't know how well you play you assasination rogue. (sidenote: i play mut with haste to around 12k, crit to around 5k, and everything else into masterey)

Single target is almost the same.
    but overall combat is better. yes
    might consider changing once you have good combat weapons ( and the gear with haste)
    Last edited by Hntr; 2014-04-04 at 03:50 PM.

I tried all three specs on HC Siegecrafter belts and Combat is always most consistent. Assassin has too long cds, and Sub is tricky because you go in front of target when going through beams (fiddly and dangerous imo). Combat you can blow cds every belt and COS/KS through last beam if needed.

Paragons HC - I don't think there is much difference. Be careful with KS if you go Combat. Maybe go Assassin with your weapons.

Garrosh HC - Combat has insane utility on this fight: Very strong on Engineers on pull (KS with trinkets up), very strong on first transition (cds on first pack and BF/KS on second) and very strong on MCs (BF/KS), and otherwise good single target. If your guild is really struggling with the boss dps check, then go Assassin. However, most guilds struggle more with first transition, and do not underestimate how much cleaving people out of the MCs quickly helps raid dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    H Siegecrafter - Combat or Sub. I've ran both specs on this fight (I'm always on belt duty) and I didn't seem to have much trouble with either spec. The belts seem to go even easier as Sub, which I've been trying out on the last few kills. However, I will say that Combat can be useful to cleave down mines, just make sure to keep a little distance in case one targets you. I haven't tried Assassination on this one, but I would imagine CD timing might be a little tricky (if on belt duty). With Sub or Combat, Dance or AR/SB/KS are pretty much guaranteed to be up every belt if you only use them on the belts. If you're not on belts, I'm not sure it matters what spec you choose.

H Klaxxi - Don't see much of a difference between all 3 specs on this fight. As Assassination, you'll have an execute period at 9 different times. I've been Sub lately and positioning can be a pain at times on bosses that aren't tankable. Combat or Assassination if you don't want to worry about positioning (not to say you shouldn't worry about positioning, but you'll still be able to use all your abilities in case a boss randomly turns).

H Garrosh - From my experience, the spec you choose depends on the rest of your raid (if 10 man). If your guild needs strong cleaves on P1, T1, and MCs, Combat is the best option. If cleaves aren't an issue then I'd go with whatever spec you feel you can pump out the most single target damage with. Assassination also has execute periods in all 4 phases.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I tried all three specs on HC Siegecrafter belts and Combat is always most consistent. Assassin has too long cds, and Sub is tricky because you go in front of target when going through beams (fiddly and dangerous imo). Combat you can blow cds every belt and COS/KS through last beam if needed.
    I agree combat is by far the best for it now that we can't do every single belt, but you do not need to go in front of the target when going through the beams... I trail behind the belt weapon at all times just fine.

I would like to note I am in a 10m, so it could be different.

For Blackfuse, chances are you will be on the belt team, so you need to be comfortable with burst. Sub is great for this. Shadow Focus and just Ambush out of Vanish and Dance. Easy. If you play Combat, make sure you Killing Spree asap because it can lead you into a beam. Another thing to note is sometimes Killing Spree will cause the flow of the belt to bug to where you can literally stand still on the belt and not move. It is bad because it makes getting through the beams harder. Either spec will work.

For Paragons, Subtlety has its upsides because of the quick damage you can get from Dance in FW. Sometimes a boss will die while FW is still up. It sucks because of numbers, but in terms of doing the fight correctly, it isn't a big problem. And, like someone mentioned before, the untankable bosses are a pain in the ass. If you go Combat, you have good CDs that will be up a lot and have short cooldowns. Switching targets isn't a problem. Either spec works fine. You could go Assassination, but gg with Vendetta.

For Garrosh, I would recommend Sub for single target. Yes, Assassination does get 4 execute phases, but the damage that Sub can put out with good FW management can get very intense. If you need to cleave for P1 or Intermission 1, of course Combat. I go Combat for our sell runs and I do the most damage in Intermission 1. Single target is there, just Sub is a tad better.

I am not a fan of Assassination. It is boring, annoying, and boring. Truthfully, you can play any spec on any fight. If you can play Sub correctly, I would say go for it.

Thanks for the help guys, I went sub for siegecrafter, then ran mut for paragons / garrosh. I was considering combat for garrosh but then I figured my with only a 561 combat weapon Mut would be better.

Question and off topic but is it possible to play Sub with Haste > Mast > Crit build? At lower ilvls shadowcraft told me to go H > C > M

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Question and off topic but is it possible to play Sub with Haste > Mast > Crit build? At lower ilvls shadowcraft told me to go H > C > M
    Pretty sure the difference is extremely minor... but since you're using shadowcraft just look at the estimated dps and judge for yourself if the difference is acceptable.

I have used both and it is hard to tell. I haven't done any math or anything like that, just played it. I played H>M for a while and it gave me a few good ranks and high numbers, but H>C also gives me a lot. I will probably be reverting back to H>M because it just feels like it is more consistent and better.

Shadowcraft puts me (578 ilvl) at 889 DPS loss going H>M. Just to give you a little idea of how little it can be, I was H>M on Thok (10m heroic) and did 438k. The next time, I did it as H>M, but using Combat gemming. So, I was running about 18.7k haste. I did 429k DPS and that can easily come from 4pc luck.

I would probably stay H>C>M till high gear levels of mid/upper 570s.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely possible to play sub with h>m>c. I've done so for most of siege, since that is better when I swap for mutilate. I also believe it is better for bursting down engineers on Garrosh (and for belt duty on Siegecrafter before it got nerfed.)

I'm playing H > M > C with Agi and Agi haste gems, makes it easy to switch to all 3 specs without needing to regem / reforge.

Deleted
    In my opinion I don't feel comfortable playing combat on siegecrafter (the tactic we use atleast) and paragons, Killing spree just scares me there. For Garrosh though I definitely recommend Combat, Assassination will have higher execute damage probably, but over the course of the fight you will do more as combat, and the extra cleave on P1 adds and P2/3 mind controls is worth having.