Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From the tuning that's on current alpha build F&F release that we can play, seems like bears are a bit strong, at least up to 92. There's still no need for an external healer, YG + FR are more than enough (in conjunction with T&C). Currently no timer/expiration to the druid mastery bubble, either. I think the rage gen would take some time to get used it, as it feels like it ramps up faster than we're used to, especially with multiple mobs available (read as, it could be easier to rage cap on accident). Keep in mind, this is just a tiny snapshot of what's currently available.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Honestly, rage on dodges should just go away, it just makes us scale more in aoe tank situations than we need, and we have resolve for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Honestly, rage on dodges should just go away, it just makes us scale more in aoe tank situations than we need, and we have resolve for that.
    Well here's the thing with AoE tanking right now... and I guarantee it'll change because it's silly OP. Thrashing a large group basically rage-caps you to where you can just spam FR to your heart's content. While I'd like to keep rage generation enabled for Thrash, I think the best middle ground would be a decaying benefit with the increased number of mobs you hit, similar to how Vengeance works when you start adding extra targets. Whether that's feasible to code, I have no idea.

Single-target rage generation seems pretty solid, it's just when you start adding extra targets that it gets silly. I'd still want extra rage for multiple targets, as adding more targets increases the danger and being able to use FR a little more liberally (not w/o a care in the world, like it is currently) would be desirable. Again, this is with the current level cap, scaling could throw things off at 100 in terms of haste/crit and how hard things hit.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

So, Bears getting a new model yet? I'm considering swapping now that Bear is finally being buffed in line with the other tank specs.

Don't think any form changes are planned for WoD.

Also, bears are competitive with other tanks right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm considering swapping now that Bear is finally being buffed in line with the other tank specs.
    I think you have no idea what you're talking about because as it stands right now, guardians are incredibly powerful.

So, Bears getting a new model yet? I'm considering swapping now that Bear is finally being buffed in line with the other tank specs.
    It's alpha. Give them time to nerf bears to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They said we already got our new models. So we're stuck with the three toed badger look, and of course gear has no effect on our appearance.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    So Thick Hide was just made baseline into Bear Form for Guardian druids, which is really nice for lvling up a guardian. Mastery Attunement, which seems to be a little experiment by blizz to cause a certain stat to just be a little better then other stats (Similar affects for all other specs) was added.

Also, Mana Attunement- 100% increased mana regen. At the same time, though, LotP mana regen was completely removed, so unknown how this affects us- as a measuring system, will it be similar to the mana regen of Ret Paladins, who currently regenerate 5% of mana per 2 seconds, or like Prot Paladins, who regen 15% of mana per 2 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Minor things from the patch notes:

FF no longer applies Physical Vulner.
    Infected Wounds now only works with Mangle and not Maul

So Thick Hide was just made baseline into Bear Form for Guardian druids, which is really nice for lvling up a guardian.
    Also sucks since it's tied to bear form, and we apparently no longer get the 12% physical/25% magic reduction and 6% crit reduction out of bear.

All the more reason to never leave bear form ever .

Not sure why they made the new passive that gives more mastery... not sure why they just couldnt change the scaling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Not sure why they made the new passive that gives more mastery... not sure why they just couldnt change the scaling
    It seems to be part of a big experiment on ALL classes, making it to where certain specs favor one stat a bit more then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Also, Mana Attunement- 100% increased mana regen. At the same time, though, LotP mana regen was completely removed, so unknown how this affects us- as a measuring system, will it be similar to the mana regen of Ret Paladins, who currently regenerate 5% of mana per 2 seconds, or like Prot Paladins, who regen 15% of mana per 2 seconds?
    We'll see, but if it functions close to how Ret Paladins currently work, changing specs won't feel as penalizing as it does currently on live. Nor will accidentally using too much mana from heals leaving a druid stranded out of form for an excessive amount of time.

I'm with Braindwen, though, concerning the damage reduction of Guardians druids being tied to Bear Form... unless the plan is really to keep us from shifting out of form. Would make the occasional rez-while-tanking a bit more dangerous if you don't have DoC as a talent, or doing anything PvP-wise as a Guardian that requires caster form.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I dunno what you folks are looking at, but only the armor bonus was made baseline (and for all specs). Not the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I dunno what you folks are looking at, but only the armor bonus was made baseline (and for all specs). Not the rest of it.
    Looking at the front page, where the guardian bear form tooltip now has it all.

Not concerned about it being baseline, concerned about it moving from a spec passive to part of the form.

Could easily be datamining error, but it does seem like the kind of small issue they'd just miss.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-06-11 at 06:24 AM.

I just tested it, and the damage reduction is still present in both Caster and Bear forms.

I'm more concerned with the recent change where it looks as though "haste" will no longer lower the GCD and CD of some abilities such as Mangle while in bear form? Does this mean we keep our current +50% haste/crit design or are both scrapped. Anyone on alpha that can confirm?

Also that we lost a charge of savage defense (so 2 instead of 3).

Lastly, it looks like a tool-tip error where survival instinct's duration is 12 seconds, and has a 12 second CD (with 2 charges)

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyboosh1 View Post
    I'm more concerned with the recent change where it looks as though "haste" will no longer lower the GCD and CD of some abilities such as Mangle while in bear form? Does this mean we keep our current +50% haste/crit design or are both scrapped. Anyone on alpha that can confirm?

Also that we lost a charge of savage defense (so 2 instead of 3).

Lastly, it looks like a tool-tip error where survival instinct's duration is 12 seconds, and has a 12 second CD (with 2 charges)
    GCDs and mangle cooldown are still reduced by haste. Savage defense has 2 charges (wasn't this an older change?) Survival instincts recharge is still 2 minutes (with 2 charges).
    Last edited by Aseyhe; 2014-06-11 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyboosh1 View Post
    I think what they mean is the recharge time is still 2 min, but there's an ICD of 12 seconds so you can't stack or overwrite SI. Pretty bad description of the spell yeah.