Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Disappointing. I don't get the logic. Yes, it's okay to have drawbacks for min-maxing, but making melee stand still for a rotational ability is inconsistent with the design for all the melee.
    But they were on board with it in SOO. I don't understand their train of thought in this expansion.

Also, did u see my 2nd tweet?

Yeah. I know that when I got a response from Celestalon about LB movement, he referred to it as part of our skillcap. I don't get the logic. Nobody will ever say, "that Enhancement Shaman was so good at standing still so he could cast Lightning Bolt."
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Yeah. I know that when I got a response from Celestalon about LB movement, he referred to it as part of our skillcap. I don't get the logic. Nobody will ever say, "that Enhancement Shaman was so good at standing still so he could cast Lightning Bolt."
    Got a reply.... but I cringed really hard. I don't want to be rude at the guy for a graphic of all things but I really think he said that only because of our already neutered Ascendance.

edit: I won't even dwell into the earth theme for enh, just stating that right now we practically have none of it either.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-08-26 at 06:00 AM.

I liked jumping around while spamming a filler. What to use when we move now? Our fillers certainly cant be shocks since they are on CD and instant.

Great news! I don't want to cast it while moving, this probably means that they will compensate the damage someway or just accept that all classes will get less damage while moving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltotem View Post
    Great news! I don't want to cast it while moving, this probably means that they will compensate the damage someway or just accept that all classes will get less damage while moving.
    You're like 8 months too late. They wont compensate for the lose, as they also dont adjust the movement requirements in PvE while also cutting Shaman utility left and right, without improving anything.

Combat is old and bad, everyone should be able to cast while moving, with MAYBE things like bonuses for standing still. Wildstar does it hell a lot better.

They should put it back as an enhance only perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    They should put it back as an enhance only perk.
    that'd the stupidest change they could of ever made to a class, the pure caster cannot move while casting it, but the mostly melee slightly hybrid caster can?

next in a shadowpriest does more absorbs than a disc priest...../facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that'd the stupidest change they could of ever made to a class, the pure caster cannot move while casting it, but the mostly melee slightly hybrid caster can?
    Its not stupid considering its doing way over 25% of our damage, is the celling of Enh skillcap and its hitting as hard as MSWx2 being a DPS increase.

Also because its a melee spec, not a ranged. It should have the perks of melee, which is to do DPS on the move. Not the disadvantages of a ranged which is to root himself in order to do damage.

For these reasons, having any number of MSW charges should allow LB to be hardcasted on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    Its not stupid considering its doing way over 25% of our damage, is the celling of Enh skillcap and its hitting as hard as MSWx2 being a DPS increase.

Also because its a melee spec, not a ranged. It should have the perks of melee, which is to do DPS on the move. Not the disadvantages of a ranged which is to root himself in order to do damage.

For these reasons, having any number of MSW charges should allow LB to be hardcasted on the move.
    if I follow this logic LB should gets its range reduced too...

nevermind celestalon tweeted that they reduced LB damage for enhance in some internal version so lets see how important it keeps when the update is on beta server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post

nevermind celestalon tweeted that they reduced LB damage for enhance in some internal version so lets see how important it keeps when the update is on beta server.
    Source? I cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Source? I cant find it.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...78739009421312
    best is you read the whole conversation.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-09-01 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post

Your logic is faulty. You can't just compare ranged and melee like that.

If a boss moves 30 yards laterally, the ranged can still pew pew away full steam ahead and never even notice. The melee must run with the boss to do any damage.

For Enhancement, we have to stand still to hard cast lightning bolt, and if we do that, then we won't be doing any damage after that because we will have to run to catch up to the boss (he'll be out of range by then) and can't even get white hits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    For Enhancement, we have to stand still to hard cast lightning bolt, and if we do that, then we won't be doing any damage after that because we will have to run to catch up to the boss (he'll be out of range by then) and can't even get white hits in.
    nobody is forcing you to stand still and cast a 2 MW LB. it is your decision. you can keep moving with the boss and build up more stacks. I'm sure if there is some damage lose it is minor. so for me this sounds more like a theoretical issue.
    perhaps some people just need more time to adapt that lb can't be cast on the move any more?

I just see no reason why an enhancement shaman should be able to run around and spam LB on me.
    if you want to be a melee who can do all damage while moving without having to stand still then you have to sacrifice the benefit of LB having a range. that's it. then you are like all other melees just with some lightning damage.

Lightning bolt being 30% of damage for enh as I was saying was on WoD. I don't know how much of our dmg on live is LB.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest