Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CID-77 View Post
    I would love for Ascension to get a sort of Spiritwalker's Grace build in, even if only for Lave Burst. Then we can use Spiritwalker's Grace seperately. And I think the new Hunter Mastery mechanic could be used in an interesting way with Spiritwalker's Grace. With that I mean being able to move while casting but being rewarded for not moving. In this case not with extra damage but a cooldown reduction for instance. How about Spiritwalker's Grace lasting 20sec and getting it's cooldown cut in half if you remain 10sec stationary of those 20sec.

Use half of the duration to move, have to wait half as long to use it again. Like?
    I think its part of the 'skill' of the class to use Ascendance when you know you'll be able to get the full use out of it. Making things easier doesn't always equal better. It would be great in PvP though

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey fellas,

I've been watching some of the Fatboss five man videos and one thing stood out to me in regards to most of the bosses involved and that they seem to be heavily movement-based due to vast amounts of AoE damage being applied which lead to the player either doing A) low damage output or B) High damage output at the expense of healers.

Now, I could be over-exaggerating the issue as they are only five man instances and will out-gear that content in no time but I was still quite surprised to see how much more movement is required compared to previous expansion instances while also being taxed with an almost backwards step in mobility (or lack thereof). If they follow the same structure of high-density AoE movement rather than long periods of movement such as Thok, I don't know how to feel about that so I look forward to seeing any Elemental PoV videos during raid testing to give me a better idea.

Mountain out of a Molehill?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-07-28 at 04:10 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Mountain out of a Molehill?
    You're on page 50 of this molehill.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Except Frost is the go-to spec in beta for mages.
    Irrelevant argument. Claiming Fire Mages don't have an unfair movement advantage because they should play Frost is like saying you shouldn't complain that you have to pay taxes because you could move to a criminal tax-free island paradise.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=79206

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=137587

if you wanna complain about somthing then this, double standards with same effect that should be baseline for both classes.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

if you wanna complain about somthing then this, double standards with same effect that should be baseline for both classes.
    well we have the option to get exactly this with a glyph
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=159650

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    well we have the option to get exactly this with a glyph
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=159650
    That´s even more insulting to warlocks lol

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    That´s even more insulting to warlocks lol
    on alpha/early beta it had the same uptime/cd spirit walkers grace has but later was changed to the glyphed version.
    I guess it fits more the usual "movement" situations where 1min cd/15s uptime is to high (there were complains about it)
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-28 at 12:42 PM.

I'm so glad for this. No more cancel cast macro for me

It was an odd change when I first logged into beta and also during raid testing. We've gotten so used to being able to move around so freely whenever we want. Now we have to be fairly conscious of when we have to move and where to try and maximize our DPS. I feel alot more locked down to the ground now though which isnt the best feeling..

I think what a lot of people are missing is that the movement isn't free. Yes we can do a lot while moving, but just like warlocks, mages, boomkins, shadow priests, ALL of them, they do less damage while moving. They change their rotation to trade damage for movement.

The problem with always being able to move, is we don't have to option to anchor and push numbers. Its like we are always forced to be moving. When they take away movement, they increase our non moving damage. So when we do move, we take a loss, just like everyone else. We're no special. Some classes loose less while moving, but that is factored into the tuning. Spirit Walkers Grace will be just as important of a cooldown as Ascendance. Which, by the way, you'll have to be smart to use correctly. Sure you can use it whenever, but there is probably a better place to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

I think it's good that movement-based ability's such as those are kept to a rarity. Caster's being tied down will be a lot healthier for the game in general by slowing the arms race significantly, and I also think it's okay if their ability is similar to ours. They have to sacrifice two other talents to use it, while ours is baseline. You could argue we have to sacrifice a glyph to make it "exactly" the game as theirs, but it's not; a talent will always be a bigger sacrifice than a glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I think it's good that movement-based ability's such as those are kept to a rarity. Caster's being tied down will be a lot healthier for the game in general by slowing the arms race significantly, and I also think it's okay if their ability is similar to ours. They have to sacrifice two other talents to use it, while ours is baseline. You could argue we have to sacrifice a glyph to make it "exactly" the game as theirs, but it's not; a talent will always be a bigger sacrifice than a glyph.
    Also the 15 seconds of Spiritwalker's Grace line up nicely with Ascendence.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I see the necessity in removing lightning bolt while moving but it just looked and felt so awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Xynen View Post
    Moving or lack there of does not make a raid encounter interesting.
    Imagine how boring Mimiron would have been without it's movement mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I see the necessity in removing lightning bolt while moving but it just looked and felt so awesome
    It was interesting at first but overall it didn't feel that great to me. I won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Irrelevant argument. Claiming Fire Mages don't have an unfair movement advantage because they should play Frost is like saying you shouldn't complain that you have to pay taxes because you could move to a criminal tax-free island paradise.
    how is it a unfair movement advantage spamming a spell that hits for like 5x less than something else you could be casting? its like a druid spamming moonfire it hits like a fucking twig compared to starfire/wrath.

LB is only like 25% dmg on live >.> and most of that could still be done while standing still...

Overall I like the idea of ULB being removed as its a "to easy" fix for mobile DMG, I am just not a fan of the solutions Blizz has provided as of yet...
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    LB is only like 25% dmg on live >.> and most of that could still be done while standing still...

Overall I like the idea of ULB being removed as its a "to easy" fix for mobile DMG, I am just not a fan of the solutions Blizz has provided as of yet...
    Can we just get it back as Enh then? LB is 25% of my damage and stutter stepping is a huge loss in dps >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Annnnd nevermind, Celestalon just tweeted at me Enhance isn't getting it back either : / nor the Live version of Stormblast animation >.<

Disappointing. I don't get the logic. Yes, it's okay to have drawbacks for min-maxing, but making melee stand still for a rotational ability is inconsistent with the design for all the melee.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Especially when you consider we're the ONLY melee that has to, since slam is now gone...and wasn't that able to be cast while moving anyhow?