Thread: Sym-bye-osis :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will be missing Fortifying Brew, Deterrence and Spiritwalker's Grace.

Those were awesome abilities to get on demand :C

10+ Year Old Account
    In a 10 man raid group, I gotta say Symbiosis was never useful to me as a Boomkin. It was always used for someone else's benefit while I got a redirect or something that was absolutely useless to me considering we have hunters who are competent.

It was annoying too, even when you heard after you get mirror image through a mage, all you did with that attack was 1hp each shot.

That was the one thing that made me sad in the patch notes

Its such a cool spell. So many possibilities! So much interaction! All gone
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    I won't miss it. The pvp imbalance it created with some combos was crazy (priests with cyclone) and some classes got crap skills back (ask any DK about plague mushroom, lol)

The game is much better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I *HATED* the spell..
    As a boomkin, there was only DK, Lock and Rogue (in that order) who was usefull to symbiosis, yet 90% of my raids in MoP had neither of those classes..

Also, the "other player" usually benefitted more from Symbiosis that I did.. Why did they both get a level 87 skill AND my Symbiosis, where I only got Symbiosis, which was rarely usefull?
    All of my WATs.

OT: Glad it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'll miss it on my non-druid characters, but I'm glad to see it go away on my druid. Imo druids are complicated enough already

An ability where you have to know more than the tooltip says. Of course it was too complicated to stick around.

You had to remember a few useful classes!

They should have just removed the obvious game changers like Divine Shield, Dispersion and so on and let us get utility in the form of Play Dead and other minor spells to keep it balanced. I think it was a really fun spell and with less obvious choices it would be fun changing the spell from boss to boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always pulled Mage, DK, rogue abilities. Sometimes warrior - that extra aoe stun was handy. Hunter and Lock were worthless.

On my shaman, was nice to have solar beam once in awhile. Usually didn't even know I had it cuz... who the fuck would want to Sym an elly?

It always felt very clunky and bulky, far too much going on in a single ability.

It'd be nice for them to just trim it down, make it simpler and leave it in, but I guess with the Button Bloat issue, it makes sense to just scrap it.

Yay, back to Tranq being a horrible CD as we can no longer pair it with SWG, and invariably as soon as you cast it some RNG BS will spawn you need to move into/out of. Doesn't even have a HoT component now, so if you're forced to move it's even more worthless that it used to be... Wish they'd just remove the channel for Resto.

And... no griefgrip for raid breaks is very sad news.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens to http://www.wowhead.com/item=86580/overgrown-lilypad ? I know it won't play a major role with only being usable in Pandaria but still curious.

I have a druid alt that i sometimes run through LFR and i swear to god i always forget this ability even exists.

Deleted
    It was a cool experiment but I'm glad it'll be gone. One less button to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    For classes other than druid casting symbiosis it was rather situational. May have more impact in pvp (but who gives a shit about that clusterfuckked-gameplay-bullshit) For example i have never seen a mage cast healing touch or warlocks rejuvenation. I was extremely useless for my class and required another keybind in case it was required for a boss fight or something. Prowl though? If i got something other than solar beam on my elemental shaman, say Incarnation or some major dps cooldown it would be overpowered, mandatory & result in a lot of bitching about.

I'm actually glad it's gone.
    As a warlock I did use rejuv, though primarily because I had the lily.
    I even used it to heal others.

It was just a messy mechanic though, with some choices simply being superior.
    Makes me wonder what happens though to the lily.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
    In a 10 man raid group, I gotta say Symbiosis was never useful to me as a Boomkin. It was always used for someone else's benefit while I got a redirect or something that was absolutely useless to me considering we have hunters who are competent.

It was annoying too, even when you heard after you get mirror image through a mage, all you did with that attack was 1hp each shot.
    What? ;D Symbiosis was great in most fights as a boomkin. You could ignore mechnics just because of symbiosis and increase your DPS uptime by a big chunk or just get way less unavoidable damage inc and save your healers mana. Why would you ever give it to a mage or a hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I won't miss it. The pvp imbalance it created with some combos was crazy (priests with cyclone) and some classes got crap skills back (ask any DK about plague mushroom, lol)

The game is much better without it.
    Monks got pretty useful crap aswell.
    ANOTHER STUN FOR MY WW MONK WITH 2 STUNS ALREADY YAAAAY...

I think I used rogue bear form once this whole expansion. Sad to see it go none the less.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see it go. It was stupid in pvp.

Deleted
    It was sort of fun and had it's uses but ultimately, I'm not too sad to see it gone. There were plenty of fights where I just straight up forgot to cast it and I did fine anyway.

Most of the time, I used it on priests to be just another lifegripping asshole.