Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The changes to Elemental Blast and Riptide are not on the current build yet.

Deleted
    Looking forward to a large number tuning pass at some point to see where we're going to end up. At the moment I'm not sure what to think obviously its early days but still. Would be nice to have some viable talent choices to make because currently it feels quite cookie cutter. Same goes for Glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxvriin View Post
    Turn it on the flipside, while other healers get to spend 100% of their focus on healing, you're forced to only spend 83% of your time on healing because you need the regen.
    You need to understand that healing and dps work on different systems. Dps is a race. You're DPS is calculated by boss's health/amount of time it takes to kill it. Delaying and moving around grabbing <insert mechanic> just decreases you're dps so you need to maximize you're uptime.

Healing on the other hand is a zero sum system with a time limit imposed and danger levels due to unpredictable rng elements. All damage done to the raid must be healed before enough accumulates to kill people. Furthermore you must not let people fall into red levels in case some mechanic does some unpredictable spike damage and kills them. Although this just in essence lowers the time limit. What this turns out to mean for us is that it doesn't matter how quickly heals go out so long as people don't actually die or get down into danger zone.

Therefore if you are doing the same amount of healing in that 83% of the time as other healers do in 100% time NO ONE CARES. Actually it means we are in a better posiition for when gear scaling takes place in later tiers because our uptime will gradually increase while other healers can only increase the strength of thier heals.

Furthermore we aren't the only other healer with a non heal mana regen component. Paladins have had shocks, Priests have solace, Monks have tea, etc.

AS LONG AS WE ARE DOING THE SAME HEALING AS OTHER CLASES THERE ISN'T A PROBLEM.

great with echo of elements we wont be able to drop 2 healing rains but instead unleash life will be added so fucking useless https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...37635502137344

Deleted
    Yes! Now we can increase the power of our heals, while increasing the power of our heals!

They also nerfed Conductivity by wiping out the ability of that talent to allow you to drop 2 Healing Rains at once if you extended the duration of the first one long enough (that was how it was supposed to be changed to work for 6.0). Now, it just removes the first HR if you cast a second one.

can i dare to say shamans have worst/most boring/ most unfun talents from all hybrids and with least effort to make them more spec different, at this point i am thinking that they arent even trying to pretend to work on shamans. and i suspect in first or second hotfix patch buff to CH and healing rain and for ele legendary shamanism buff

Deleted
    I know two Healing Rains would have been cool, but I'm pretty sure it would also have been stupidly overpowered, or else Healing Rain would just be garbage without it. Having the ability to have 100% uptime on a HR is still pretty good, especially as it not only increases the uptime but reduces the amount of time you have to spend casting it in the first place. The issue imo isn't the fact you can't have more than one HR up, its the fact that to use it you have to DPS. I think it would be a really solid talent if they added Chain Heal to the abilities that increase its duration. Lacks the burst healing of AG, and the mobility of Rushing Streams, but for consistent immobile healing it would be pretty strong.

i'm sure that shaman mana wouldint support 2 healing rain up tame 100% fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I know two Healing Rains would have been cool, but I'm pretty sure it would also have been stupidly overpowered, or else Healing Rain would just be garbage without it. Having the ability to have 100% uptime on a HR is still pretty good, especially as it not only increases the uptime but reduces the amount of time you have to spend casting it in the first place. The issue imo isn't the fact you can't have more than one HR up, its the fact that to use it you have to DPS. I think it would be a really solid talent if they added Chain Heal to the abilities that increase its duration. Lacks the burst healing of AG, and the mobility of Rushing Streams, but for consistent immobile healing it would be pretty strong.
    Unless I completely read that wrong (which I do sometimes), heals work with Conductivity. Healing Wave and Chain Heal extend the duration by 3 seconds per cast, at least it did for me during raid testing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripply View Post

Although it did sort of feel like I was relying on my cooldowns to bring me up to par with the other healers if I'm honest..
    Yep, felt like that for me too. If we wiped before I threw out my HTT, I was soooo absolutely dead last in healing done that I was wondering if I should bench myself and let the real healers do the work.

Ascendance felt utterly useless. It was ridiculous how little healing I managed to squeeze out of it.

WoD will start out for shaman like every expansion before it, if you ask me. I'm betting on getting buffs after progression for the first tier is over and going into the second tier with healing rain and chainheal buffed 40% or so - and no, I'm not laughing when I'm saying that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Unless I completely read that wrong (which I do sometimes), heals work with Conductivity. Healing Wave and Chain Heal extend the duration by 3 seconds per cast, at least it did for me during raid testing!
    Conductivity only works with "Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, and Stormstrike" since 6.0 as written here:
    Your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, and Stormstrike increase the duration of your Healing Rain by 4.00 sec, up to a maximum increase of 30 sec.
    The old spell affected "Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Chain Heal" in addition:
    When you cast Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Chain Heal, your Healing Rain's duration is increased by 4.00 sec.
    When you cast Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, or use Stormstrike, your Healing Rain's duration is increased by 4.00 sec.
    This cannot cause Healing Rain to last longer than 40 sec.
    (source: wowhead)

Quote Originally Posted by Ennarion View Post
    Conductivity only works with "Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, and Stormstrike" since 6.0 as written here:

The old spell affected "Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Chain Heal" in addition:

(source: wowhead)
    It works differently for each role it seems:

Your Healing Wave, Healing Surge, and Chain Heal increase the duration of your Healing Rain by 4.00 sec, up to a maximum increase of 30 sec.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=108282 (make sure to mark Earth Shield)
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    It works differently for each role it seems:

Your Healing Wave, Healing Surge, and Chain Heal increase the duration of your Healing Rain by 4.00 sec, up to a maximum increase of 30 sec.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=108282 (make sure to mark Earth Shield)
    Yeah see I knew it used to work like that, but I was going by http://wod.wowhead.com/talent#sy| which has it not change for Resto Spec anymore. Hopefully that is just bugged and it actually does. If it still does, then I still think Conductivity is a good talent.

Thanks for your posts Foresdar, I found them really informative and somewhat eased my resto worries for WoD.

Not aimed at you specifically and I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm feeling I missed some things in either the blue post changes or in the forum here. Does riptide have a lower cooldown now (I use the glyph on live personally in 10man so I don't even remember what it is LOL) and what's with the perk? And how does it work (or not) with the glyph? And what's this about conductivity not working with heals anymore, is that new? Just seeking some clarifications
    Last edited by Nyssie; 2014-08-01 at 10:42 PM. Reason: grammar

More annoyed than anything about EoE / conductivity because it takes away another potential layer of depth in a healing class that tends to lack it a bit.

Essentially, we barely used them (EoE maybe on a few fights, conductivity never) on fights and looks like there isn't any chance for us to use them again unless if another change happens to these talents.

Still wish they would add more interactions etc with our spells as we lack it right now. Class has been a bit stale for a number of expansions. You can count the # of real changes in terms of healing spells etc and see how not much has changed outside of the start of wrath apart from Healing rain (good), UE (bad), and CDs. Yes, I realize that is generalizing it to a very high degree, but you would think more thought would go into our talents rather than continuing to add / revert to picking more passive talents, etc. And I don't think EB changes is going to really add that kind of depth as it will just be a button you press on CD and not something that interacts with anything else in our toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssie View Post
    Not aimed at you specifically and I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm feeling I missed some things in either the blue post changes or in the forum here. Does riptide have a lower cooldown now (I use the glyph on live personally in 10man so I don't even remember what it is LOL) and what's with the perk? And how does it work (or not) with the glyph? And what's this about conductivity not working with heals anymore, is that new? Just seeking some clarifications
    With the perk Riptide has as 5 second cooldown. Conductivity works with heals still and has performed exceptionally on every raid boss tested thus far, the amount of mana saved by using Conductivity adds up which has made it the default choice in that tier under pretty much every circumstance, also since there's zero downtime in healing the time saved from not having to recast HR is an added boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    With the perk Riptide has as 5 second cooldown. Conductivity works with heals still and has performed exceptionally on every raid boss tested thus far, the amount of mana saved by using Conductivity adds up which has made it the default choice in that tier under pretty much every circumstance, also since there's zero downtime in healing the time saved from not having to recast HR is an added boost.
    Do we still need to stand within the HR to get the benefit of conductivity / is there any stipulation on whether the target we are healing has to be in the healing rain? doesn't seem like there are stipulations on wowhead, but have not gotten to check on any recent patch notes.

That does make the talent a pretty great choice, but doesn't take away from the fact that it remains yet another passive (not really directed at anyone just saying).

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Those actually sound promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssie View Post
    Thanks for your posts Foresdar, I found them really informative and somewhat eased my resto worries for WoD.

The talents I found myself using were:

Ancestral Swiftness. (EoE doesn't do jack)
    Conductivity. (Rushing Streams is a lot weaker since Healing Stream isn't nearly as powerful as it is on live. Its worth the GCD but its not worth a talent, plus the mana you don't have to spend for Healing Rain on CD)
    Unleashed Fury. (Only because Elemental Blast doesn't give the spirit just yet... and I single healed enough for it to matter)
    High Tide. (Cloudburst Totem doesn't absorb AoE heals or totems, so only single target heals apply. Storm Elemental is a joke of a talent and needs removed completely. I understand the point of it, but the damage it provides it utterly crap, so the healing is even more crap. Its seriously sad.)

Just like you said, there is no need to worry about Resto so far. They are holding their own in Heroic 5-mans and so far in Heroic Raid Testing. I actually still enjoy my class and it does feel like a Resto Shaman still. Who knows, Blizzard still has time to screw things up!