Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Survival hunters immortal in WoD?

    Something must be completely wrong with this perk:

    "Improved Camouflage - Camouflage no longer breaks from dealing or taking damage."

    It would basically make survival hunters immortal WHILE attacking, since no ranged class can target/attack you with anything but AoE spells, no CC, no nothing O_o

    EDIT: With Glyph you are also invisible ONTOP of that. So yeah immortal and invisible. Best of luck opponents!
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-04-04 at 09:57 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  2. #2
    Hahahaha, nice find. I missed that one. That would be fun to see

  3. #3
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    166
    Camo lasts like 6 seconds In combat iirc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neemo View Post
    Camo lasts like 6 seconds In combat iirc.
    Pretty sure that is if you cast Camo WHILE in combat, if cast outside it last 60 seconds, just like the CD.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-04-04 at 09:56 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  5. #5
    Start camo with glyph, start attacking kill enemy team before you leave camo.
    yeah, i assume it'll be nerfed in that state lol

  6. #6
    The Patient Kluddesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Duckburg, Sweden
    Posts
    204
    Couple that with "Enhanced Camouflage - You heal 5% of your maximum health every 1 sec while Camouflage is active."

    It's basically a 6 second bubble more or less
    I hunt and stuff.
    Retired Hunter

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A forest in Sweden
    Posts
    1,036
    Guess it going to be nerfed to Subterfurge level, 3 second. Both are otherwise similar and can see that happen.
    Mix red and blue, what do we get?

    Horde + Alliance = Epic

  8. #8
    I could see it being maybe 3 seconds in pvp but the full 6 in pve, that would be so legit. Definitely puts the word "survive" back into survival.


    WHU Admin~7/7 Mythic~
    #TeamHunter

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Couple that with "Enhanced Camouflage - You heal 5% of your maximum health every 1 sec while Camouflage is active."

    It's basically a 6 second bubble more or less
    ...against ranged DD. Maybe they realized 'Survival' specced Hunters being one of the squishiest targets is kind of dumb.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I could see it being maybe 3 seconds in pvp but the full 6 in pve, that would be so legit. Definitely puts the word "survive" back into survival.
    hope they would do something like that.
    though i assume it will be OP in PvP and then it's PvE uses get nerfed just as hard for balance.

  11. #11
    If cast out of combat Camouflage lasts its full 60 seconds, and with this new passive apparently won't break until its duration is up. (at which point if you're still in combat you can recast it for another 6 seconds of ranged immunity) This sounds like an oversight or some kind of typo.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    If cast out of combat Camouflage lasts its full 60 seconds, and with this new passive apparently won't break until its duration is up. (at which point if you're still in combat you can recast it for another 6 seconds of ranged immunity) This sounds like an oversight or some kind of typo.
    /petpassive
    /cast feign death

    Then re-cast Camo = Another 60 seconds of pure pwnage. Yeah, this will get nerfed during beta, if not before.

    I also noticed the cooldown on potions not resetting until you leave combat. I assume hunters will be using Feign Death right after using a pot to cheese this.
    Last edited by Vvulf; 2014-04-04 at 10:15 AM.
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    /petpassive
    /cast feign death

    Then re-cast Camo = Another 60 seconds of pure pwnage. Yeah, this will get nerfed during beta, if not before.

    I also noticed the cooldown on potions not resetting until you leave combat. I assume hunters will be using Feign Death right after using a pot to cheese this.
    Unless they make it so you can't cheese it >< GJ YOU HAD TO SAY SOMETHING D:


    WHU Admin~7/7 Mythic~
    #TeamHunter

  14. #14
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,819
    OP you are reading incorrectly. "Dealing or taking damage" is refering to DoTs you placed on your enemy and DoTs placed on yourself. You deal damage with the DoT while in camouflage. However nowhere does it say that the Camouflage doesn't break on using abilities. Using abilities is not the same as dealing damage. Of course using say Arcane Shot will cause you to deal damage as a result, but it is the action of casting it that breaks Camouflage not the dealing damage with it.

  15. #15
    The Patient Amat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mideel
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP you are reading incorrectly. "Dealing or taking damage" is refering to DoTs you placed on your enemy and DoTs placed on yourself. You deal damage with the DoT while in camouflage. However nowhere does it say that the Camouflage doesn't break on using abilities. Using abilities is not the same as dealing damage. Of course using say Arcane Shot will cause you to deal damage as a result, but it is the action of casting it that breaks Camouflage not the dealing damage with it.
    Thank you, this is definitely the case. Was going to say the same thing, I'm amazed nobody thought if it like that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP you are reading incorrectly. "Dealing or taking damage" is refering to DoTs you placed on your enemy and DoTs placed on yourself. You deal damage with the DoT while in camouflage. However nowhere does it say that the Camouflage doesn't break on using abilities. Using abilities is not the same as dealing damage. Of course using say Arcane Shot will cause you to deal damage as a result, but it is the action of casting it that breaks Camouflage not the dealing damage with it.
    NOES! And i was daydreaming about the soloing possibilties in arena...

  17. #17
    Yes this is the planned design, hunter immortal and your class killable in 6 seconds, yes yes.

  18. #18
    Spl4sh3r You are such a partypooper

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    NOES! And i was daydreaming about the soloing possibilties in arena...
    It will still be OP. Remember the Fade talent priests had begin MoP where they become unhittable by ranged attacks for like 4-5 seconds? This is basically the same, except it has a longer CD. But it's just as OP and annoying.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    I also noticed the cooldown on potions not resetting until you leave combat. I assume hunters will be using Feign Death right after using a pot to cheese this.
    I thought potions have always not reset until you leave combat?

    Hence why you can only pot once during a boss fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •