Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    The Frost Factor was never strong for shamans anyway.
    Frost Brand and Frost Shock were pretty much the only examples I can think of from the top of my head and both pretty much only have use in PVP anyway.
    Water represents quite a lot healing related stuff, so I do not complain about that element being underreprestented.
    For the the reason you bring, fire and lightning wouldn't have been introduced at all, and the same reason would prevent your desired increase in earth abilities. Healing spells for the most part weren't based on water either. I think that was from cata onwards. Prio to that, shamans used nature/spiritual magic or something to heal, with the exception of Healing Stream Totem (water) and Earth Shield (Earth).

The non-wind elements weren't more represented through enh for a while either. Earth was down to Earth Shock, and struck the enemy with green lightning(?), while rockbiter did nothing elemental dmg based. Fire was down to FS, ST/MT, and FT, which was as much used as RB or FB, which is not at all. Fire totems were so weak as enh they weren't used anywhere but at patchwerk fights during raiding, in which enh even wasn't part of throughout vanilla. Flame Shock did deal less damage than ES because of SS debuff also. As for air magic: There was lightning spells (not used prior to wotlk/msw) and Lightning Shield (almost worthless w/o Static Shock). So it basically came down to shocks and wf/ss, which is to say 2x physical 1x nature source.
    I don't really enjoy the fire theme in enhancement.
    As Schizoide said, your points are all covered for WoD. LL will likely be awesome in WoD.
    The one element that truly is underrepresented and that would fit Enhancement Shamans more than the other two specializations imo would be earth. I would like Lavalash some badass Melee Ability that smashes the earth open instead of some fancy small ass animated fire hit (with the Off hand).
    Sounds like a suggestion for aoe, as I cant imagine a smashed-open ground to affect single targets. As an aoe, it wouldn't compete with LL anyway (aside from the FS spreading, which could either lead to both abilities used in tandem for aoe, OR the spreading aspect could be transferred, and instead of FS, ES is spread, though that would get rid of multi-dotting for faster LL refreshes...
    While your idea sounds cool, I imagine it could graphically impact server performance if every enh had a earthbreaker, multiple Fire Novas, a AOE fire totem and Chain Lightning, all by themselves. OH oh oh, dont forget Lava Spew :-O.

In exchange, if players really do enjoy frost, they could make Elemental an Fire/Frost Hybrid.
    If there is one element assotiated with ele, it would be lightning though. Also frost is even less used by them than with enh. Enh had incentives for using FB for some time, ele did not. And with FS/ES becoming more important for ele burst, FrS became increasingly less used. Even with FrS on seperated cd now, ele wont use it in pvp, because LB has no cd. Only enh will use it. So based on your "it was always like that" argument, enh would be the more sensible choice. The same goes for the element of earth and enh, where ES through fulmination is much more important for ele than for enh as a filler. Ele also has EQ, enh doesn't (though it is not worth the gcd atm).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Damage vs. DPS distinction does not matter for Windfury in 6.0, as it's a 20% chance per hit with no cooldown. Daggers get more procs, but each hit does less damage. Perfectly evens out.

Flurry is a bit tricky. You will probably see higher Flurry uptime with daggers than 1Hers-- you autoattack faster, so you have more chances to crit. Of course each individual Flurry duration will be shorter because you get those 5 attacks in faster. It won't make much of a difference one way or the other.

This is all academic because Enhance will continue to want slow/slow due to instant attacks and PPM enchants. It does mean that if you get a great dagger while leveling, you can probably put it in your mainhand (not your offhand) for a bit, but that won't hold up at maxlevel.
    It will come down to msw vs ss/ll damage. With the new msw perk and lots of haste, I could imagine msw builds actually becoming an option. The imbue set up of choice is like to remain wf/ft though. The percentual magical damage increase will be important for a msw build(though I can also see the value in wf/wf for msw proccing speed).
    The irony in such a spec would be:
    -lots of haste => more FS ticks => more lls (but they're weaker)
    -lots of EotE procs => more SS/LL (but weaker) => more msw procs => loop
    -EB is more often on cooldown/cannot be made use of as much as one would like
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-04-12 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    It does sound interesting, but let's wait until we got beta and some logs before we start the theorycrafting about 2H enhancement and dual-windfury.

Given that LL will still be required to spread FS, and therefore required for AoE capability, I'm not sure why there would be any speculation of dual WF.

Even if it's only coming from a PvP perspective, it seems that WF/FB is going to be the way for PvP enhancement to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    It will come down to msw vs ss/ll damage. With the new msw perk and lots of haste, I could imagine msw builds actually becoming an option. The imbue set up of choice is like to remain wf/ft though. The percentual magical damage increase will be important for a msw build(though I can also see the value in wf/wf for msw proccing speed).
    MSW=Maelstrom Weapon? I've always seen it abbreviated as MW. Anyway, if theorycraft and simulation shows WF/WF winning over WF/FT in beta, I imagine we'll tell the devs and they'll fix it. If using a dagger mainhand for additional Maelstrom Weapon procs turns out to be worthwhile, they'll probably fix that too, since they tune weapon drops for only 2/3 rogues using daggers.

@Embermoon: You can still use LvL without Flametongue offhand, it just does 40% less damage. It'll still spread Flame Shock.

since they tune weapon drops for rogues to have free reign and shamans have a bitch of a time to get anything
    Fixed that for you. Honestly as much as I loved caster weapon enhancement in 4.0-4.2, it only happened because blizzard was intent on giving us as little room as possible to get weapons compared to rogues having like 5-6 drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Fixed that for you. Honestly as much as I loved caster weapon enhancement in 4.0-4.2, it only happened because blizzard was intent on giving us as little room as possible to get weapons compared to rogues having like 5-6 drops.
    Yeah, it would be nice if we finally got swords now. It's just ridiculous that our competition (monks and rogues) can use all four slow agi 1handers (and really, shamans and swords make more sense than warhammers, morning stars and battle axes for rogues).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Shaman not being gimped with 2H weapon would be awesome

I don't understand why they couldn't implement differing bonuses for 2H enhancement, like they do for DK's.

I would love for a frost dk style of differing gameplay and style from dw to 2h.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

It would take more work, since DW enhance has two imbues and lava lash is offhand only. They just chose not to do it.

You can't stormstrike on beta with 2h anymore iirc.

So they're finally killing off 2h for good, thank god. Maybe people will finally let it go now.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-31 at 01:06 PM.

It was already dead; Stormstrike working was a "trap" for inexperienced players who thought it was OK to use 2H weapons. This change minimizes that trap.

It doesn't remove it entirely, because enhance can still equip 2H weapons. They took dual-wielding away from Arms and Unholy for exactly that reason. I wouldn't be surprised if enhance loses that too.

It was already dead; Stormstrike working was a "trap" for inexperienced players who thought it was OK to use 2H weapons. This change minimizes that trap.

It doesn't remove it entirely, because enhance can still equip 2H weapons. They took dual-wielding away from Arms and Unholy for exactly that reason. I wouldn't be surprised if enhance loses that too.
    The enhancement spec page ingame has dual wield listed and specifies the spec uses multiple weapons. This was an excuse thrown up by blizzard (also lol @ beta first giving premades 2handers, and now giving them agility swords but no maces/fists/axes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."