Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoD Class Perks - Shaman (GREEN POST)

Even though it's only a datamined green post (subject to be completely changed/removed), I thought these were impressive enough, to warrant discussion. Personally, I'm really impressed with the enhancement changes, and ESPECIALLY the increase to health when ankhing. I'm dubious if the lava lash reset chance will remain at 15% for each tick of flame shock, though, since we saw it nerfed into the ground already, this xpac.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)

All
    Improved Reincarnation - Increases the health that you Reincarnate with by an additional 50%.

Elemental
    Improved Chain Lightning - Your Chain Lightning increases the damage of your next Earthquake by 20% per target hit by the Chain Lightning.
    Improved Lightning Shield - Lightning Shield gains 2 additional maximum charges, and Lava Burst can now trigger Rolling Thunder's effects.
    Improved Elemental Fury - Increases the critical strike damage bonus from Elemental Fury by 20%.
    Improved Lava Burst - Increases the damage dealt by Lava Burst by 20%.
    Improved Shocks - Increases the damage dealt by your Frost Shock, Earth Shock, and Flame Shock by 20%.
    Improved Searing Totem - Increases the damage dealt by Searing Totem by 50%.
    Improved Frost Shock - Your Frost Shock spell no longer shares a cooldown with your other shock spells.
    Improved Lightning Bolt - Increases the damage dealt by Lightning Bolt by 20%.

Enhancement
    Improved Searing Totem - Increases the damage dealt by Searing Totem by 50%.
    Improved Frost Shock - Your Frost Shock spell no longer shares a cooldown with your other shock spells.
    Improved Lava Lash - Increases the number of targets Flame Shock spreads to by 2.
    Improved Flame Shock - Your Flame Shock ticks have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown of Lava Lash.
    Improved Maelstrom Weapon - Maelstrom Weapon now also causes your spells to deal 20% additional damage per stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
    Improved Stormstrike - Increases the damage of Stormstrike and Stormblast by 20%.
    Improved Lava Lash - Increases the damage of Lava Lash by 20%.
    Improved Feral Spirits - Increases the damage of your Feral Spirits by 100%.

Restoration
    Improved Lightning Bolt - Increases the damage dealt by Lightning Bolt by 20%.
    Improved Riptide - Reduces the cooldown of Riptide by 1 sec.
    Improved Chain Heal - Increases the healing on the primary target of your Chain Heal spell by 50%..
    Improved Healing Wave - Increases the healing from Healing Wave by 20%.
    Improved Healing Surge - Increases the healing from Healing Surge by 20%.
    Improved Tidal Waves - Increases the cast speed reduction and critical strike chance of the Tidal Waves effect by 10%
    Improved Earthliving Weapon - Increases the direct heal from using Unleash Elements with Earthliving Weapon by 50%.
    Improved Healing Rain - Increases healing done to targets in your Healing Rain by 10%.

Alot of those damage increases are redundant since spells now scale based on level.

If, by redundant, you mean additive/multiplicative (whichever is applicable), and thus an overall feeling of increasing power, as we level to 100, then I absolutely agree with you.

Yea that exactly, they should all be mechanics changes or something interesting besides + damage% which will happen either way. Just reminds me of when spells had ranks lol.

Ankh change that isn't fixing the fact it's a 30 minute cd not reliable for raiding that they've stated they intend to do for 3 years now - don't give a damn about having a hp buffer, can't say i ever had issue ankhing other than when i was in shit i would die in regardless.

Enhancement improved maelstrom - why are we dumbing down this spec to elemental levels bit by bit, why
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    These perks are like Glyphs, that you have to select between them or all of them are added as passive bonus and working 24/7?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ankh change that isn't fixing the fact it's a 30 minute cd not reliable for raiding that they've stated they intend to do for 3 years now - don't give a damn about having a hp buffer, can't say i ever had issue ankhing other than when i was in shit i would die in regardless.

Enhancement improved maelstrom - why are we dumbing down this spec to elemental levels bit by bit, why
    Agreed with both of your points, i cannot grasp why would they give bonus dmg on improved maelstorm when enhance already has the highest burst out of everything
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

They're also focusing more of our damage into SS/LL and removing ICD on WF, we heard you liked burst so we gave you burst so you can burst while you burst.

And get nerfed because of your burst in pvp
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Yeah but they may have the lowest burst when WOD comes around so we cannot really make too much out of this just yet.
    My point was more like, that they took away all of our utilities from PvP and returned nothing but pure dmg. The playstyle is already "get a 10sec window where you are free with all your CDs up", and they even intend to go further and give even more bonus dmg

There is nothing to the enhance playstyle but "stack up your +dmg buffs, and burn it all down when asc off and you have a pvp trinket rdy"
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I'm still concerned how they let the air out of LL so that it isn't very (if at all) high on our priority list.
    Just seems to me LL is our "Pestilence" now instead of a damage source.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I'm still concerned how they let the air out of LL so that it isn't very (if at all) high on our priority list.
    Just seems to me LL is our "Pestilence" now instead of a damage source.
    What?! Lava Lash is one of our hardest hitting attacks at the moment and I've not seen anything for WoD that suggests this will change.

If anything Lavalash will be used more often with 15% reset chance.

Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    What?! Lava Lash is one of our hardest hitting attacks at the moment and I've not seen anything for WoD that suggests this will change.
    Stormstrike/stormblast is getting an additional 30% damage increase in the pruning, iirc.

Maelstrom is making spells hit twice as hard, which is more than the gain on LL

10+ Year Old Account
    The healing "perks" are pretty boring just a flat boost. I still haven't seen anything to resolve the fact that the core of shaman healing is found in smart healing, and with the nerfs to the targeting AI it becomes far far weaker.

Lava Lash is only the hardest hitting because of the stacking with Searing Flames...IE 100% more damage with 5 stacks.

No more Searing Flames means LL isn't up there anymore...especially with SS/B buffs.

And now we have FrS to add in with ES/FS weaving.

Deleted
    Lava Lash is only the hardest hitting because of the stacking with Searing Flames...IE 100% more damage with 5 stacks.

No more Searing Flames means LL isn't up there anymore...especially with SS/B buffs.

And now we have FrS to add in with ES/FS weaving.
    You should read the rest of the notes, the damage was doubled to compensate the removal of Searing Flames.

Unless I'm mistaken we should see a huge bump in FS/LvL/SS/WF/FT and especially LB damage in the future. There are 4 things worrying me right now:

1 - Storm Ele is yet another CD, that makes it 5 with EM.

2 - LvL spread mechanic is still not low hp friendly (not sure if magma will be adjusted), would we be prioritising this over SS for ex given the 15% reset chance and risk CD conflict between the 2 abilities?

3 - Totem tier and healing tier. Rushing Streams and Conductivity don't mix with the DPS specs and AG is now our only raid CD; Totem tier still same thing.

4 - Why are all our perks just +damage on everything? Don't see anything affecting rotation other than Frost Shock but that's still in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    4 - Why are all our perks just +damage on everything? Don't see anything affecting rotation other than Frost Shock but that's still in the air.
    Maelstrom change affects our rotation if you were playing properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Maelstrom change affects our rotation if you were playing properly
    Yes Raiju I was shooting LBs at MSWx3 ... I agree with what you said it dumbs it down to Elemental levels but w/e.

My point is, take a look at the Assassination perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    You should read the rest of the notes, the damage was doubled to compensate the removal of Searing Flames.

Unless I'm mistaken we should see a huge bump in FS/LvL/SS/WF/FT and especially LB damage in the future. There are 4 things worrying me right now:

1 - Storm Ele is yet another CD, that makes it 5 with EM.

2 - LvL spread mechanic is still not low hp friendly (not sure if magma will be adjusted), would we be prioritising this over SS for ex given the 15% reset chance and risk CD conflict between the 2 abilities?

3 - Totem tier and healing tier. Rushing Streams and Conductivity don't mix with the DPS specs and AG is now our only raid CD; Totem tier still same thing.

Whilst I still can't really empathize with the Flame Shock spread and Fire Nova issue everyone seems to have, since I personally find it relatively strong once you can predict the fight, I can understand why it's annoying people that blizzard are saying nothing on the matter.

On the flipside, at least now there are talents that directly provide AoE cooldowns which is something I'm quite excited about, given that our other cooldowns are by and large very focused on the single target side.

Yeah i missed the LL buff part of the FTweapon line.

So as I'm reading it Lightning Shield is just like "Mage Armor" or "Inner Fire" now...just makes us better because instead of actually doing something like it did with Static Shock. That's fine and all, but I still would have preferred Enhance to get a Fulmination type effect with it.

Still have kind of mixed emotions about the lack of synergy with skills...while annoying I liked how Flame Totem effected our LL and such.

Yeah i missed the LL buff part of the FTweapon line.

So as I'm reading it Lightning Shield is just like "Mage Armor" or "Inner Fire" now...just makes us better because instead of actually doing something like it did with Static Shock. That's fine and all, but I still would have preferred Enhance to get a Fulmination type effect with it.

Still have kind of mixed emotions about the lack of synergy with skills...while annoying I liked how Flame Totem effected our LL and such.
    I'm really interested to see where they take unleashed fury, given that static shock has been removed now; do they just make it lightning shield from autos and that's it or do things get changed up to make it affect windfury in some way? Same goes for our imbues since we seem to be shifting to WF/FB, UE is going to surely have to do something with FB other than just a simple slow.