Question Need transmog tips and tools advice - overwhelmed by options....

I am new to transmogging and I'm a little overwhelmed. I want to create a few alts to play while I wait for WoD. I'd like to have an idea of transmog looks before I even choose class or race. I have no idea how to do this. I am overwhelmed trying to process Icy Veins lists, WoW Model Viewer, Mog It, and blogs all with a brain the size of a peanut.

How do you create new transmogs? Blank slate in WoW Model Viewer? Start with a certain piece? I'd love any direction.

Thanks.

PS: It seems like 90% of transmog are female BE, NE, or Draeni - do they just look better? I know I cannot find a look I like for my female human hunter but everything seems to look cool on my Draeni - any opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I always used MogIt when creating transmog sets for my characters.
    It was nice to be able to save wishlists in game to refer to easily, and to easily browse through items in game and see them on my character.

When it comes to a new transmog, that kind of varied a bit for me. Sometimes a particular item would catch my eye - cool look shoulder armour, or a nice shield, or a couple of pieces of levelling gear that did not to belong to a complete set. I'd then build the rest of the look around that. I also like stuff that fits with the race of my character - when making sets for my Draenei Shaman, I steered clear of the more tribal looking stuff, as I didn't think that suited her.
    Sometimes I'd have more of a general theme I was going for, rather than trying to match stuff to a specific piece of gear. On my Draenei Paladin I wanted to make an Aldor themed set and started out with the Aldor tabard and went from there, working in gear with some touches of crystal for that Draenic look.

As to race, I guess that one's subjective. Most of the characters I played regularly were either female Draenei or female Night Elf - I like the tall, regal looking female characters and I like their casting and combat animations. I think gear does look a bit more 'heroic' on them than say a Human female or Dwarf female. But that's my personal perception - mileage will vary

Edit to add: At risk of overwhelming you some more, you can find some cool looking themed sets for a variety of races here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Also-Transmog)
    Last edited by Kerath; 2014-04-11 at 10:01 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    You're welcome!
    The transmog threads in the class forums are a good place for class-specific inspiration and feedback too.

Or you can post your set here clicky clicky for feedback. (don't forget to rate the person above you, if you do that).
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP