Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Literally all of them.
    You only listed Flamestrike for its actual AoE value.

Deleted
    I love changes, was about time to clean up that mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Neither do i. But really, do i need to explain how pressing more than 1 buttom makes a class harder? Don't you think it was easy enough spamming AB back in the days?
    Here's how:

-Your aoe rotation consists of spamming one buttom. All you have to do is spam it. As soon as avalible it should be used. Spam, spam. Difficulty level: low.
    -Now your aoe rotation consists of 2 buttoms. Now you have...a CHOICE. This means a player with better knowledge will be able to discern which is the best way to deal with the situation.
    -Imagine 3,4 buttoms.
    -Factor number of targets. Spells might move up or down in your priority according to number of targets.
    -Factor distance. Against these mobs you can aoe on melee, against those you can't.
    What are you getting? Choices. And what do they mean? They mean it's harder to play now, to make the best out of your class. It takes knowledge, awareness and quick decisions.
    It's also physically harder. It's harder, physically, alternating between 3 buttoms than just pressing 1. Slightly, but harder.

How can't you figure that out?

And OP is right, kiting is one of our core mechanics. Mages can't heal easily, they kite and control. It has always been core to our class and doing a good kiting did take skill, and was fun. Why remove that?
    Mobs are on meele? Use AE. Mobs are on range? Use flamestrike with blizzard there is absolutly no skill involved in any amg rotation you just have to learn it nothing els. And you completly forget about new talents. Class rotation was never and never will be hard . I would rather have 1-2 less spells in WoD with fixed PvP then 1212 spells what will do absolutly same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Mobs are on meele? Use AE. Mobs are on range? Use flamestrike with blizzard there is absolutly no skill involved in any amg rotation you just have to learn it nothing els.
    That's how you play. I factor in CoC and Bombs, which is why my dps is way higher.

"Class rotation was never and never will be hard" Not true, even single target rotation can be hard. It hardly ever was with mage, but even our easy class had its moments.
    Now go play mop arcane against multiple mobs. There's a lot of choices to be made there. You just spam AE on every situation? Your problem, you're the one doing it wrong.

Now OUR problem is that our class is being brought down because some can't bear or even understand complexity. Some people want to press one buttom and win, and they don't even hide it. Well, that's not challenging or enganing or fun.

Ok, So No one seems to bring this up but what in the world are you all talking about with a loss in kiting ability? Where did we lose the ability to kite anything? What spell was taken away in so much that you can no longer kite? CoC from fire? is that it? I'm not here to be an ass or anything, but what makes you all think mages wont be able to kite still? Dragons breath is an amazing cc all by itself, arcane mages will have an improved slow thats castable on more than one target, and frost has the same amount of cc as it did before. If anything Arcane now has a chance to kite because we have no chance in all of mop...AT ALL. Not to mention the new nova talents will easily make kiting way easier, especially if combined with ice ward. So are you complaining just to complain?

As far as AoE's go, The whole point of specialization is just that, to master your element to the fullest extent, all through mop mages complained about lack of spec identity and now, they actually make the specs different, unique, special. I know change is scary and all but if you sit down and think outside the box for a second, these changes are crazy good, especially compared to some of the other classes (bye bye scatter shot). You can kite without CoC, you can kite without Blizzard, and to be honest what else is there, that we lost that you use for kiting? Kiting is a staple of the mage glass cannon concept and I cant possibly see how any of you think its gone.

Deleted
    That's how you play. I factor in CoC and Bombs, which is why my dps is way higher.

"Class rotation was never and never will be hard" Not true, even single target rotation can be hard. It hardly ever was with mage, but even our easy class had its moments.
    Now go play mop arcane against multiple mobs. There's a lot of choices to be made there. You just spam AE on every situation? Your problem, you're the one doing it wrong.

Now OUR problem is that our class is being brought down because some can't bear or even understand complexity. Some people want to press one buttom and win, and they don't even hide it. Well, that's not challenging or enganing or fun.
    Ehmm no i do not play arcane mage since compared to fire is too weak and i dont even have gear for it. Jesus crist it isnt ONLY OUR CLASS everyone loss few spells. And we ddint lost single roation spell for any spec. OMG OMG we lost 2 aoe spelss so terible and few cc. who gives *** if it fixes PvP. And i played every spec in this and past expansions i always toped dmg meters and it was never hard to pull it off. You are just PvE player what triing to beliave that PvE can be some kind of hard content at this game. No it isnt and enver will be becosu youa re doing same think over and over again. PvP is where challange begings.

Ehmm no i do not play arcane mage since compared to fire is too weak and i dont even have gear for it. Jesus crist it isnt ONLY OUR CLASS everyone loss few spells. And we ddint lost single roation spell for any spec. OMG OMG we lost 2 aoe spelss so terible and few cc. who gives *** if it fixes PvP. And i played every spec in this and past expansions i always toped dmg meters and it was never hard to pull it off. You are just PvE player what triing to beliave that PvE can be some kind of hard content at this game. No it isnt and enver will be becosu youa re doing same think over and over again. PvP is where challange begings.
    Sinndor, you're not even close to gladiator. Don't pull the pvp-player.
    Talking about pvp i think it need a lot of improvements, but mind that a lot of our changes don't affect pvp at all, are just bad changes, dumbing our class down, which is what OP complained about.
    Yes, everyone lost spells. Yes, everyone is getting dumbed down aswell (you could be removing redundant spells without dumbing the game down).

Deleted
    Sinndor, you're not even close to gladiator. Don't pull the pvp-player.
    Talking about pvp i think it need a lot of improvements, but mind that a lot of our changes don't affect pvp at all, are just bad changes, dumbing our class down, which is what OP complained about.
    Yes, everyone lost spells. Yes, everyone is getting dumbed down aswell (you could be removing redundant spells without dumbing the game down).
    How can you know that i am not galdiator? You dont have my armory link? Removing spells isnt dumbing down a class rofl. You completly ignoring facts that we also getting new spells. All you see is removed skills we didnt loss pretty much anything. Your opinion just have 0 value coz you have really bad knowladge about how should game work. You are just one of those what always complain about changes at start of every expansion but after realease everything feels just right. Try not be that casual **** what only keep complaning like litle kid about evey single small change just becous you have fear of change.

Whats the point have 512 spells from mop + new in WoD when you cant even get close to banced PvP or PvE? Game would just be even more broken then it is now.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-04-05 at 12:39 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sinndor/simple
    You should also actually read what we're saying instead of skipping it and enraging over nothing.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sinndor/simple
    You should also actually read what we're saying instead of skipping it and enraging over nothing.
    This isnt my armory you just get selfowned wp bro

This isnt my armory you just get selfowned wp bro
    right
    10chars

Deleted
    right
    10chars
    Right Sinndor isnt even my nick for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I'm Shangalar. That's also my nick in WoW. Sometimes I lock threads that get derailed and that mostly talk about stuff that's being talked about in another thread. Please continue the discussion in our official WoD sticky.
    My magic will tear you apart.