Thread: Can Tyrael die?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not extremely into the lore, but I'll give my best educated guesses.

No, he completely abandoned it, he is a full blown mortal through and through, hence why he was unaffected by anything Diablo did to the Crystal Spire or whatever.

At first I believe Malthael consumed the soulstone, but yes, they're free now, Tyrael himself said it in a lackluster way.
    And I would believe most likely he would come bac
    k.

To be honest, I don't believe much lore was in Diablo 2 either, except you'd know a bit more about Deckard Cain. Most of it seems to be in the books, I believe there's a book about Tyrael himself, and Deckard Cain too? Not 100% on that, but there are books!
    Its almost like they are building for a ton more expansions or something...

Tyreal obviously stacked toughness way into the 50 millions at the cost of all DPS, so my guess is that he's very aware that he's mortal and could potentially die, but seeing those weaknesses he decided to become as close as possible to immortal. He couldn't dent a pack of butter in his current form, but at least the butter doesn't dent him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    From my understanding: Demons are reborn, Angels are replaced.
    I'm curious to know who would be the angel replacing Mathael. Would he be a new aspect of Justice, or of Wisdom?

You can read the beginning of the novel here. Shows a little of the life of Tyrael as a mortal and aspect of Wisdom.
    http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Sto...ds=diablo+book
    He is both Justice and Wisdom right now, but I can guess the next expansion is going to be based around some other evil rising and Tyrael passing on the role of Justice to another. I am guessing Imperius will have some type of role to play in the next expansion, he seems to have a connection with Diablo that the other angels do not know about and Tyrael may now know what that is being the embodiment of Wisdom.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

well once Matlhael was destroyed then all of the souls that were inside the soulstone would have been released correct? Tyrael even says so. So who was inside: Diablo, Belial, Azmodan, and I think Mephisto? Was anyone else at that party? I read that Baal had a separate soulstone that was destroyed when the worldstone collapsed. So wouldnt that also mean that Baal is around somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    The RoS cinematic...so disappointing!

I was hoping it would be like Starcraft 2's Kerrigan vs Zeratul battle. Epic. Instead it was Malthael wiping the floor with Tyrael.
    Tyrael obviously couldn't win but he could have at least put up a fight. Instead of rolling over and nearly getting killed.
    And how do you "put up a fight" when your sword can't harm the enemy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    He is both Justice and Wisdom right now, but I can guess the next expansion is going to be based around some other evil rising and Tyrael passing on the role of Justice to another. I am guessing Imperius will have some type of role to play in the next expansion, he seems to have a connection with Diablo that the other angels do not know about and Tyrael may now know what that is being the embodiment of Wisdom.
    All seven evils were trapped: Mephisto, Baal, Diablo, Azmodan, Belial, Duriel, and Andariel.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    All seven evils were trapped: Mephisto, Baal, Diablo, Azmodan, Belial, Duriel, and Andariel.
    They better bring back Mephisto and Baal. I would looooove to see the new models for them. LOVE IT.

Andariel and Duriel would be... cool I guess

He is mortal, but not human exactly - humans have both angel and demon heritage whereas his is pure angel. But I'd say he can die, given that's what "mortal" means and he keeps talking about how the brief fragile mortal existence gives life meaning, something he's discovering first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    At first I believe Malthael consumed the soulstone, but yes, they're free now, Tyrael himself said it in a lackluster way.
    And I would believe most likely he would come back.
    Their "spirits" or whatever are free. Remember, the spirits of Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto and Baal were floating around Sanctuary doing not much for years while Adria hunted them down and tagged them for the Black Soulstone. When their bodies die they are rendered more or less inert unless they're re-homed somehow.

Presumably in the next expansion Diablo (and possibly the other Evils unless he's fully absorbed them now) will get a new body by some means. Maybe the player character's, going by Tyrael's words at the end of RoS...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    They better bring back Mephisto and Baal. I would looooove to see the new models for them. LOVE IT.

Andariel and Duriel would be... cool I guess
    Yeah I'd love to see Andariel in high res *cough*.

Duriel... that prick can burn in hell... frost aura and charge in a room the size of a cupboard? OHAI RANGED CLASSES! Bastard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Wasn't he Wisdom since the end of D3 vanilla? It doesn't seem to give you any extra knowledge.

I suspect we might be offered the role of Justice actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At the rate he's going, he'll probably die to high cholesterol.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will die due to heart attack caused by obesity - every time I'm near him he is boasting about his eating prowess (guess he needs to be good at SOMETHING).