Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    i thought they were going to remove it not tweak it to make it beyond terrible
    +1 lol....

Deleted
    Personally I really like the idea behind it (Active mana regeneration, healers have to make interesting decisions about when to heal and when to regen), but the specific implementation is not very good. Perhaps if they change it to give a certain amount of mana every second, instead of after 4 seconds?

I've since read that this new innervate was already scrapped some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    That seems more likely than Blizzard removing it and then bringing it back. I imagine they tried this and then decided to just get rid of it instead. Which still doesn't excuse the fact that this idea was clearly terrible from the start if you've ever played a resto druid, but whatever.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Source for that? The newest tweets I have seenare "I believe we made wrath free"(when pointing out that it's not even mana neutral when casting wrath) and "It's a fair concern that we're still working through." (on being forced into DoC).

Neither of those answers indicate that the new innervate was scrapped some time ago, the second actually implies that they're trying to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    How will gearing work? Will we be able to use the same gear sets for balance?
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    How will gearing work? Will we be able to use the same gear sets for balance?
    Yes. No. Hit is gone and spirit won't exist on leather items. So you'll be able to use the same leather items for both specs (aside from gemming and such, perhaps), while you may want different necks/rings/trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobility aspect. Forgive my forgetting the names of some of the talents, as I've since shift away from resto druid (natural expansino progression through my toons). Essentially, making eff attached to shrooms was never something I did, as I went with the force of nature talent to provide more of a direct heal that was always available 3 (3 charges), with the eff off swiftmend, it was another aoe healing tool with a direct heal element to it. So, that's one bit. The other is shitting on wild growth and giving it a cast time. Lord knows, the way to kill a resto druid is to simply wait for us to have to do something that requires a cast timer. Some of the other items have already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Essentially, making eff attached to shrooms was never something I did, as I went with the force of nature talent to provide more of a direct heal that was always available 3 (3 charges), with the eff off swiftmend, it was another aoe healing tool with a direct heal element to it.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Efflorescence glyph doesn't change anything about how the treants behave. Their swiftmends still proc it. This doesn't necessarily change anything in that regard. Right now, not taking Glyph of Efflorescence is a huge loss of healing due to lower uptime. Getting a guaranteed 100% uptime on Efflorescence is big, and you'd have to spend those same GCDs moving it around anyway if you want to ever use Bloom (and you do).

The other is shitting on wild growth and giving it a cast time.
    I think it's going to be a buff more often than not, actually. There are very few situations where you have to both move and do AoE healing, and the potential for precasting WG on major AoE mechanics is going to be pretty big. Precast WG to land right after the AoE, then off-GCD bloom, then immediately cast Tranquility. The casting time on WG combined with the changes to Tranquility (which will be a buff in most situations) and the extended duration of Rejuvenation (meaning better pre-HoTing) is going to be a big buff to our already excellent burst HPS potential.

It's a nerf if you're not paying attention and start casting WG after people take damage, but if you keep track of what's going on and can predict incoming damage, having an AoE spell with a casting time is preferable to having an instant one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never a fan of the mushrooms, and primarily only used them pre-pull or guarding a flag. Not a fan of the mushroom placement mechanic, when in the heat of battle - so in that aspect, tying one of my main tools, makes this feel like a huge nerf (more from a PVP perspective than high end PVE).

Which is the same argument for WG.

The mobility aspect. Forgive my forgetting the names of some of the talents, as I've since shift away from resto druid (natural expansino progression through my toons). Essentially, making eff attached to shrooms was never something I did, as I went with the force of nature talent to provide more of a direct heal that was always available 3 (3 charges), with the eff off swiftmend, it was another aoe healing tool with a direct heal element to it. So, that's one bit.
    As alltat mentioned, the efflo glyph did not effect the treants' swiftmend causing efflo to spawn. Their swiftmends on cast still created efflo spots with the glyph. So, arguing that you didn't glyph efflo because you took FoN doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, even if you did not like how mushroom placement worked, it is still always better than the old efflo. If you're trying to min-max, you'd always take glyph of efflo. Due to this, the devs are making it baseline. The argument that you didn't take glyph of efflo because you just didn't like it (despite it's net positive effect) isn't too compelling for why glyph of efflo shouldn't be baseline.

The other is shitting on wild growth and giving it a cast time. Lord knows, the way to kill a resto druid is to simply wait for us to have to do something that requires a cast timer. Some of the other items have already been mentioned.
    We still have far more instant casts in our toolkit than all the other healers. Additionally, with most resto druids already taking SotF as a talent (and the change to WG making it even stronger), the cast time will be fairly minimal. Obviously for PvP this is more of a concern, but you still have a TON of instant cast spells.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

I was never a fan of the mushrooms, and primarily only used them pre-pull or guarding a flag. Not a fan of the mushroom placement mechanic, when in the heat of battle - so in that aspect, tying one of my main tools, makes this feel like a huge nerf (more from a PVP perspective than high end PVE).

Which is the same argument for WG.
    The placement of mushrooms is as simple as targeting someone and casting your shroom (it lands at their feet). If you prefer the old method of placing it manually you can glyphed. Either way, in most fights moving the mushroom isn't something you need to do often. There are many fights where you place your shroom and ignore it for the rest of the phase/fight (sha of pride comes to mind).

The reason they made this change to Efflo is because 99.9% of resto druids prefer this and almost exclusively use this glyph. I do however agree that you should be able to glyph it back to swiftmend if you chose - however perhaps make this a minor glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    As alltat mentioned, the efflo glyph did not effect the treants' swiftmend causing efflo to spawn. Their swiftmends on cast still created efflo spots with the glyph. So, arguing that you didn't glyph efflo because you took FoN doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, even if you did not like how mushroom placement worked, it is still always better than the old efflo. If you're trying to min-max, you'd always take glyph of efflo. Due to this, the devs are making it baseline. The argument that you didn't take glyph of efflo because you just didn't like it (despite it's net positive effect) isn't too compelling for why glyph of efflo shouldn't be baseline.

We still have far more instant casts in our toolkit than all the other healers. Additionally, with most resto druids already taking SotF as a talent (and the change to WG making it even stronger), the cast time will be fairly minimal. Obviously for PvP this is more of a concern, but you still have a TON of instant cast spells.
    I am not much of a PVPer, but even if WG isn't used now it won't be later either, due to low amount of targets and high mana cost, especially with casting time too.
    and Afaik the wild growth was the only instant spell that was affected, so we are still moving around so much that it will be lots of qq during beta.

- - - Updated - - -

with these changes to innervate they better change hotw to a spell with 3 charges each lasting 15 sec, would make the 3 talents all serve a synergy with this kind of spell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    As alltat mentioned, the efflo glyph did not effect the treants' swiftmend causing efflo to spawn.
    Sorry, I miss read that the first time then! That's good news for me, and I might not have used the mushrooms enough to realize the "target player, mushroom at their feet" aspect of it. To me, that changes things quite a bit. I think my configuration of grid wasn't letting me cast without a ground marker, which was causing some frustration and then an almost complete abandonment of the spell.

With Alpha now live, back to top for this thread. Anyone in alpha able to answer the following:

How does Germination interact with the altered Genesis? Will it replace one of the two rejvuenation, if so the most recent or the one with shorter duration, or will it consume both of them. If it's the later [just for tracking it], will it combine it into one genesis or have them run seperately?