So a friend just sent me this screenshot..

So a friend of mine just told me that he tricked his battle.net to download the WoD beta patch? and Hes currently installing it.

Before you accuse me of it being fake.. he screen shared this with me and SEEMS legit.. maybe he faked it who knows but the launcher is installing something I could see the bar going up.

He wont tell me how to do it though because he says hes scared of getting banned?

Thought i'd share it with you guys.

Anyone can do it, just go into your battle.net account and click on the beta client download. You can't actually log in or anything unless you have a key though so it's pretty pointless.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Might want to look around first next time. Stuff is already being datamined on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Might want to look around first next time. Stuff is already being datamined on the front page.
    Yes.. from the Alpha.. that says Beta though.. I'm a tad confused on why this is beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Anyone can do it, just go into your battle.net account and click on the beta client download. You can't actually log in or anything unless you have a key though so it's pretty pointless.
    For me it just shows PTR and normal wow. No Beta option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny how he intentionally worded it to make it sound like he got away with something dubious. Extra funny considering you just download the client from the official site.

To explain the terminology confusion, here's Simca from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Since I've seen the "Alpha or Beta?" question around. Blizzard calls it "Alpha" in their blog. That's the only time the word appears anywhere.

The installer is "World-of-Warcraft-Beta-Setup-enUS.exe", the dropdown in Battle.net is "Beta", the productcode is BWWB (beta), the uid used is uid_beta and it's set to wow_beta, the executable for the game is WoWB.exe, and the login screen says Beta.

Basically it's an alpha in name only.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Yes.. from the Alpha.. that says Beta though.. I'm a tad confused on why this is beta.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it just shows PTR and normal wow. No Beta option.
    Click on download game clients. Beta client should be listed under World of Warcraft.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!