Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Flex groups getting worse

Ive noticed Flex SoO runs getting poorer of late with many groups breaking up and reforming repeatedly after the multitude of wipes. I expect its because the better players are now doing SoO normal now that crossrealm is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also got to remember that boosted characters are probably now working on Flex content too.

If you looked at Blizzard's numbers, you would realize that the troubles people experience in Flex and LFR with groups partially or completely disbanding is approximately 0% due to being carried by, or not being carried by, overgeared raiders.

Aside from some basic level of comfy overgearing, is just whether the group is focused and motivated or not. That is all.

Is there a point to this thread?

A group is only as good as the leader makes it. If you find yourself in lots of fail groups its because you went for convenience instead of taking a bit of extra effort to make sure its a solid group.

Flex pugs have been shit since a few weeks after 5.4 release or when heroic raiders no longer needed gear from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Flex pugs have been shit since a few weeks after 5.4 release or when heroic raiders no longer needed gear from it.
    Wrong, because you weren't invited to those groups unless you were part of those groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Wrong, because you weren't invited to those groups unless you were part of those groups.
    I don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    really? i didnt notice any changes... maybe cause i run it with guild group every time , same people , different alts , smooth sailing ;>

and by groups which werent shit i understand u mean those 560+ or gtfo groups doin content designed for 520 and whinign how booooooring and easy it was ? ye been in those gorups too cause needed os gear anbd they were more boring then lfr was if anything - unless by fun u understand totaly overgearing everything lfr style while complain how loleasy lfr is doublestandards rock dont they ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Also got to remember that boosted characters are probably now working on Flex content too.
    O really lol
    Its normal most of good players already overgear the flex and they now just jump stright in to normals with their new toons even "boosted" ones

I was actually thinking the same exact thing yesterday. I always do an armory check of the raid leader to make sure they're gemmed/enchanted and have downed the content the group is being made for, but over the past couple of days, even groups led by seemingly competent people have not been on par with those before the normal mode cross-realm option. It makes sense, the reason why flex was good initially, most of the time, was because decently skilled people were running their alts through it due to normal SoO pugs being virtually non-existent, unless you were on a top 10 population server. Now, all those people have gotten all the gear needed from flex, and have begun pugging normals/heroics. This leaves the person forming a flex group with a smaller pool of skilled players to choose from, forcing them to choose those of less than average ability just to fill the group and get the run going.

With that said, I couldn't be happier that Blizzard enabled normal/heroic cross-realm for a plethora of reasons. Your best bet is to move on to normals as soon as your iLvl allows it, just how people moved from LFR to flex at the beginning of the tier.

I don't understand.
    He is saying that most heroic raiders weren't inviting random people or pugging flexes, most were "in-house." Thus, the "pug flex" community is/was not effected by heroic raiders no longer needing gear, since it never was effected by them in the first place.

Not saying I agree with his statement (since I'm a heroic raider and I've pugged flexes and invited low ilvl/exp people), just clarifying for you. :P
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    O really lol
    Its normal most of good players already overgear the flex and they now just jump stright in to normals with their new toons even "boosted" ones
    This is kind of idiotic. Do you mind if I call you idiotic? What I mean to say is that you're an idiot.

If you are an alt of a "good player," you can "jump stright [sic] in" to normals with your new toon, because you have other "good players" who will help boost you "stright [sic]" to normal/heroic gearing.

If you aren't an alt of a "good player," you can't "jump stright [sic] in" to normals, because no one knows who the fuck you are, and you can't even get into a fucking flex group unless you overgear it by 10-20 ilevels.

The fact that you failed to mention this is why I think that you are an idiot.

This is kind of idiotic. Do you mind if I call you idiotic? What I mean to say is that you're an idiot.

If you are an alt of a "good player," you can "jump stright [sic] in" to normals with your new toon, because you have other "good players" who will help boost you "stright [sic]" to normal/heroic gearing.

If you aren't an alt of a "good player," you can't "jump stright [sic] in" to normals, because no one knows who the fuck you are, and you can't even get into a fucking flex group unless you overgear it by 10-20 ilevels.

The fact that you failed to mention this is why I think that you are an idiot.
    You think he's an idiot but can't spell "straight". Irony explosion.

Edit: And pretentious latin explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Apparently before you stuck the French in your name, you, ... well, you didn't do anything.

Deleted

Next time try to understand the post you attempt to ridicule, because you made a fool of yourself now, mate. Irony indeed.

Deleted

Spelling has little to no correlation with intelligence.

I've stopped flex since even my alts don't really need anything anymore from there. I guess many decent people and guilds have just stopped flex by now because it is so late in the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you looked at Blizzard's numbers, you would realize that the troubles people experience in Flex and LFR with groups partially or completely disbanding is approximately 0%
    Source on this? I find it hard to believe that disbanding Flexes is "Approximately 0%" when I, personally, experience 2-4 failed flexes a week (Usually on Malkorok or Galakras). If I see that many, I imagine several other thousands must. If not more.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Spelling has little to no correlation with intelligence.
    You're missing the point, he was DIRECTLY QUOTING the other guy's post, typo and all, and even indicated it right there for you with the [sic], which is indeed a Latin shorthand for "as is", or, in other words "guys, I'm quoting the fucking source verbatim here".

Kids these days.