1. #1

    New Profession Materials

    Am I the only person that gets really excited for the new sets of mats for each expansion?

    Ore
    True Iron Ore
    Iridium Ore

    Blackrock Ore

    Herbs
    Nagrand Arrowbloom
    Talador Orchid
    Starflower
    Gorgrond Flytrap
    Fireweed
    Frostweed

    Chameleon Lotus

    Skinning
    Native Beast Hide (Seems to be the normal leather)
    Stitched Starglazed Leather (Seems to be the hide-type item?)

    Fishing
    Fish seem to come in size categories, reminds me of the vanilla "X ft Fish"
    "X flesh", "Small X", "Large X", "Enormous X"

    Crescent Saberfish
    Jawless Skulker
    Fat Sleeper
    Blind Lake Sturgeon
    Fire Ammonite
    Sea Scorpion
    Abyssal Gulper Eel
    Blackwater Whiptail


    Haven't seen any (definite) enchanting mats, though there are a few "crystal" items mentioned that could be shards or crystals.
    Metamorphosis Crystal, Luminescent Soul Shard, Frostshard

    Also haven't seen cloth or gems yet.

    ------------------------------
    The herbs appear to be very localized, more so than previous expansions where some things (heartblossom, whiptail, Snow Lily, etc) are zone based and others (stormvine, green tea) aren't.

    Nagrand Arrowbloom -Nagrand obviously
    Talador Orchid - Talador, again pretty obvious
    Starflower - Shadowmoon Valley
    Gorgrond Flytrap - Gorgrond
    Fireweed/Frostweed - Frostfire Ridge
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-04-05 at 07:21 AM.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Fireweed - Tanaan maybe? Or Spires of Arak
    Frostweed - Frostfire Ridge
    From Wowhead's datamine dump:

    Frostweed - Found growing in the snowy landscape of Frostfire Ridge.
    Fireweed - Unlike their cousins, found only in the very hot environments near the lava pools of Frostfire Ridge.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Zerkked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,396
    So we have Iron, Ghost Iron, And now true Iron. I think next will have Saiyan Iron and then Super Iron.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    From Wowhead's datamine dump:

    Frostweed - Found growing in the snowy landscape of Frostfire Ridge.
    Fireweed - Unlike their cousins, found only in the very hot environments near the lava pools of Frostfire Ridge.
    Ah. That's strange. I guess the fire fish are also from those pools.

    Which leaves Tanaan, Spires and eventually Farahlon without a specific herb... I wonder if one of the others is global, starflowers maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    So we have Iron, Ghost Iron, And now true Iron. I think next will have Saiyan Iron and then Super Iron.
    It's a bit silly but it was the obvious choice, since Outland Draenor has Fel-corrupted Iron.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah. That's strange. I guess the fire fish are also from those pools.

    Which leaves Tanaan, Spires and eventually Farahlon without a specific herb... I wonder if one of the others is global, starflowers maybe?



    It's a bit silly but it was the obvious choice, since Outland Draenor has Fel-corrupted Iron.
    What relevance does Farahlon have to herbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    So we have Iron, Ghost Iron, And now true Iron. I think next will have Saiyan Iron and then Super Iron.
    I'd rather "pure iron" and "truegold" than stuff like "orcanite" or "powercite" there are natural variations and alloys so this way it keeps it more interesting, while not stretcing the suspense of disbelief too far.
    Last edited by Leare315; 2014-04-05 at 06:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah. That's strange. I guess the fire fish are also from those pools.

    Which leaves Tanaan, Spires and eventually Farahlon without a specific herb... I wonder if one of the others is global, starflowers maybe?
    Starflower - Blooms under the starlit sky of Shadowmoon Valley. The nectar that collects at the bottom of the flower causes it to glow.

    Very strange that Alliance just gets one herb growing in their starter zone and Horde gets two. Will Alliance and Horde get different recipes for potions for leveling alchemy, or will we have to venture into the opposing faction's territory to get mats?

    There's also this:

    Stitched Starglazed Leather - Starglazed leather pieces stitched together with the vines of Starflowers has many uses.

    Leatherworkers of both factions will need Starflowers to turn Native Beast Hides into Starglazed Leathers?

  8. #8
    Warchief NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,078
    Maybe the different sizes of fish give different amounts of meat.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    What relevance does Farahlon have to herbs?
    It's a full-sized zone, so presumably it will also have herbs, but there's no associated herb in the files, just like Tanaan and Arak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    Starflower - Blooms under the starlit sky of Shadowmoon Valley. The nectar that collects at the bottom of the flower causes it to glow.

    Very strange that Alliance just gets one herb growing in their starter zone and Horde gets two. Will Alliance and Horde get different recipes for potions for leveling alchemy, or will we have to venture into the opposing faction's territory to get mats?

    There's also this:

    Stitched Starglazed Leather - Starglazed leather pieces stitched together with the vines of Starflowers has many uses.

    Leatherworkers of both factions will need Starflowers to turn Native Beast Hides into Starglazed Leathers?
    Maybe the two herbs will act like trillium and be combined yielding twice the amount of a usable herb?

    It'd be pretty cool to see a rare drop vine off the Starflowers worthwhile on the AH.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-04-05 at 07:02 AM.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •