Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Can understand now the "I quit" posts in the other forum.

I had no idea how the process of Cancelling worked.
    After you decide to cancel the sub you get pre selected answers (which lets be honest wont cover a lot of the issues)
    when you finally get to the process of giving feedback they don't even give enough for more than a few sentences.
    Has it always been like that or have they nerfed that also?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Do you need an essay to explain why you're quitting? That's likely a problem. (And not on Blizzard's end.)

"The game doesn't interest me." "I don't like xyz change." "I had a bad customer experience."

Three sentences, barely any characters, three different reasons for quitting. I don't know why it should take more than that.
    Straw that broke the camels back, could be lots of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Do you need an essay to explain why you're quitting? That's likely a problem. (And not on Blizzard's end.)

"The game doesn't interest me." "I don't like xyz change." "I had a bad customer experience."

Three sentences, barely any characters, three different reasons for quitting. I don't know why it should take more than that.
    That might be all Blizzard cares to hear, but emotionally it's not enough for people who have sometimes spent years playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I had no idea how the process of Cancelling worked.
    After you decide to cancel the sub you get pre selected answers (which lets be honest wont cover a lot of the issues)
    when you finally get to the process of giving feedback they don't even give enough for more than a few sentences.
    Has it always been like that or have they nerfed that also?
    Since it's you first time you probably think cancelling subscription is a rare occurence but it's not and I imagine hundreds of thousands of people unsub every other month. I don't think they are processing each one separately and in detail.
    And yes, if you really want to give feedback for the game use official forums. They are read by Blizzard employees for certain and other people can speak their mind about your ideas.

10+ Year Old Account

^this. they dont want to hear you vent on why you are quitting. people need to learn to just say, "i dont like this anymore" and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    That might be all Blizzard cares to hear, but emotionally it's not enough for people who have sometimes spent years playing this game.
    ive been playing since 2006 and if i quit tomorrow i wouldnt feel the need to write an entire essay on why im quitting. but thats just me

Its not Blizzards job to cater to their sensitive emotional needs.

i didn't even have the option to write about why i was canceling. i just chose one of the answers and was done with it, i would have liked to told them what i think, but no option to :/

If you think blizz puts that question there so you can vent ur emotions to them, u need to learn a bit more about how companies work. They want to know how they can make the game better, not here every detail of every sob story that leads to some1 quitting. The amount of manpower alone it would take to process the neverending stream gigantic QQ stories that would exist would cost them way more money than they would get back from the feedback. Constructive feedback can usually be done in a sentence or two. That's what they want, not a bunch of bloat and QQ.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2014-04-04 at 04:41 PM.

If they're trying to get an accurate gauge of why you're quitting, a 3000 word essay on game imbalance is just going to make it hard to concisely summarise your complaints for developers.

By putting a limit on it, and getting you to try to fit your reasons into a few not-necessarily-entirely-appropriate categories, they can at least try to hone in on your largest complaints.

Someone who they won't win back won't bother filling anything in, someone who they might win back will probably tell them at least a couple of their major issues. They could work with that.

You remember that scene in Lost, where the Dharma members stationed at the Pearl would write reports on those working at the Swan, and they would get sucked up a tube and dumped in the middle of nowhere?

Blizzard 'why are you unsubbing?' is the digital equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i didn't even have the option to write about why i was canceling. i just chose one of the answers and was done with it, i would have liked to told them what i think, but no option to :/
    Well, you picked an answer... and that answer told them why you were quitting. If you weren't satisfied with that answer, you could've backed up and selected something else.

For the rest of you: WoW is a game. You don't need to write some super-long rant/rage at Blizzard just because they changed something and now you're quitting. Ranting and raging doesn't help anyone except for yourself, and then it just makes you temporarily feel better.

If you don't like aspects of the game, post constructively about it on the forums. If some aspect causes you to quit, mention it in your cancellation form. That's it -- no raging, no whining, no complaining. Bam, you just made Blizzard's job easier while letting them know how you feel. Grats, that's how a good person quits a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    You remember that scene in Lost, where the Dharma members stationed at the Pearl would write reports on those working at the Swan, and they would get sucked up a tube and dumped in the middle of nowhere?

Blizzard 'why are you unsubbing?' is the digital equivalent.
    I know you're just trying to be funny, but I need to point out that you're 100% wrong. Blizzard absolutely does use that information.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The reason there are pre-formed answers to the questions is that those answers are rarely seen by a human. They filter back to Blizzard in a spreadsheet format to show them prevailing reasons why they are losing subscriptions. Honestly, they probably don't care too much to hear the specifics on why you quit, just that you did and they're no longer going to get your subscription fees. They'll peruse the graph generated by the spreadsheet of answers looking for trends when it comes time to report up to the stakeholders.

If you really want them to hear what you're saying, best bet would be to submit the information in a format that a human is more likely to look at.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have spent countless hours playing a game, why do you need to give developers a massive essay on how the game is ruined? Do you feel the need to do this with every game you play? just be happy you have a game that tries month after month to fix problems and make fresh content. look where it was today versus where it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I know you're just trying to be funny, but I need to point out that you're 100% wrong. Blizzard absolutely does use that information.
    For development? I doubt it. The quick select options are so generalized and in some cases non-issues, I expect at best it ends up as pie chart on some marketing power point for executives.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's far far easier to aggregate a common "I didn't like xxx" than it is to try to aggregate a free-form essay on why you quit, for development reasons.

Last time I stopped my sub I was not allowed to actually cancel until I had completed the exit interview. Is it true that they have automated suggestions telling you why you shouldn't cancel while you fill out the form now?

Deleted
    Blizzard don't care what reason you have, because they know you will be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Doubt they do anymore after the whole "omg i am quit kong foo pandaz" thing.

Give a man an inch, and he will take a mile.
    Give too much freedom to "express yourself" and you will end up with an essay containing very little to no constructive content in the vast majority.
    Be concise, be specific.
    You generally don't need much room for that if it is something specific.
    If it is lots of things over time, then the feedback won't help much for it isn't something they can target.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Then they need to get over it? It's a game.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The worst kind of girlfriend is the kind that wants to talk about the break up AFTER she breaks up with you.

Of course I don't fulfill your emotional needs that's why you broke up with me you neurotic, self-obsessed, overly-dramatic, emotional leech. Go get your orgasm of catharsis somewhere else.