Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    I don't see what the issue with a character having a relationship is? Its additional depth to the story. A little flavor. A little more immersion. A bit of connection to draw you into the story. It gives a reason, empathy, what have you for why we do what we're doing. A little bit of additional depth to a character is a good thing. A little more story fleshes out the world, and makes it more easy to relate to.
    People are just gun shy around Blizzard relationships because they haven't always been handled well in the past.

They've almost never been handled well except like Chen and Yalia, which you don't even see outside of Shadows of the Horde.

Just look at some of the more recent relationships:

-Jaina and Arthas. Basically any time Jaina had a significant presence, Arthas was brought up. Usually with Jaina in tears. It was a huge part of her character. The chick who dated the Lich King. That's not to say Jaina didn't have other qualities, of course she did, but I don't think you'd lose anything to her character if that entire relationship was removed.

-Thrall and Aggra. Aggra is just a prop.

-Jaina and Kalecgos. Felt, to me, as just "There must always be a...boyfriend for Jaina." I can't recall any important development for either character that has come out of their relationship. He didn't even talk her down from a ledge in Tides of War (Where Arthas is brought up, once again.)

-Alexstrasza and Korialastrasz. Sure they've been "together" canonically for a long time, but it was brought up as a significant factor in Twilight of the Aspects for the sole purpose of kicking Alexstrasza out of the storyline for 65% of the book.

Basically, I don't have a problem with relationships. Not at all. If they're done well. Don't throw two characters together for the luls. Do it because it would enrich both characters. I can't say that this happens for the VAST majority of the relationships in the game. Unfortunately that seems to come more at a cost to the female member of the relationship (And I only say this because there aren't any major gay or other orientation relationship in the lore) more than the male, but I'm really not talking about it from a "feminist" or women-in-gaming point. More of a "I dislike bad character developments."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-04-05 at 07:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    (1) Ner'zhul! Your army is scattered, your fortress in ruins.
    (1) Your "dark star" has fallen, and now serves the draenei. You are a disgrace!
    (1) We would still serve the Iron Horde, Hellscream. Our magic is-
    (1) YOU HAVE NO PLACE IN MY IRON HORDE!
    (1) Go back to your little village, Ner'zhul. You can watch the stars while the Iron Tide washes over you.
    Sounds like Ner'zhul survives. Hopefully he gets a redemption story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Redemption in the form of his head being split open by a crystal hammer.

Well it could also be just the end of that storyline. Remember he also appears in the dungeon.

Even tho having a zone's quest chain culminate in fighting him + him having a dungeon, means he gets more story than any given raid boss ... I still hope he doesn't die in a dungeon.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Even tho having a zone's quest chain culminate in fighting him + him having a dungeon, means he gets more story than any given raid boss ... I still hope he doesn't die in a dungeon.
    He's already done the worst thing he's going to do in WoD by that point, I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    NI'm sure nether rays would still be good to go.

Beyond that we also have the Dread Raven and that ugly Iron horde store mount.
    think about the name "Nether Ray"... i think they actually exists or better, the can fly because of the nether surrounding outlands. Outlands is shatterd and barely holds together end where ever you look, u see the Nether. Draenor wont be shatterd and there is actually no nether there so i think, nether rays wond be able to fly or even exists. well... who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    i hope he survives (actually, he is not evil) then we will have a mighty ally and this would open a way for the Lich Kings return and maybe he can help us to destroy the Lich King and the scourge. well the next Lich King will be much stronger cuz Fordragon was mentaly stronger than Arthas + the fire of the Dragons inside him, would make sense beein him stronger than the last one
    Last edited by Monstafish2k; 2014-04-05 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstafish2k View Post
    think about the name "Nether Ray"... i think they actually exists or better, the can fly because of the nether surrounding outlands. Outlands is shatterd and barely holds together end where ever you look, u see the Nether. Draenor wont be shatterd and there is actually no nether there so i think, nether rays wond be able to fly or even exists. well... who knows
    Then nether rays wouldn't be able to fly other places. Besides, the draenei had an air force dedicated around the use of domesticated nether rays. It takes quite awhile to domesticate animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Basically, I don't have a problem with relationships. Not at all. If they're done well. Don't throw two characters together for the luls.
    Tholo and Anren were, quite literally, thrown together for the luls - and it's arguably the most balanced relationship in the bloody franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Yeah I was gonna say, what was that cold weather flying I paid gold for?
    It's probably even colder on Draenor

Frostfire Ridge also has, you know... fire. Lava, actually. I don't see how it could possibly be colder than Icecrown Glacier.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Don't we own mounts that are native to Draenor?
    No, we own ones native to Outlands, not Draenor. The difference is that the creatures from Outlands have changed, evolved, and mutated DRASTICALLY from their original predecessors on draenor, whether it be from the changes that happened to draenor, corrupted the burning legion, or other forces such as evolving or eating things that altered them (the crystals around Exodar crash site or Blade's Edge Mountains are good examples). There's also lore that says this for alot of OL animals as well. Nether Drakes are a good example.

Also, i think a better explanation for the inability to fly could've been that the atmosphere is alot thinner in high altitudes than it was on Azeroth, so using native flying mounts would make sense since they're used to that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Frostfire Ridge also has, you know... fire. Lava, actually. I don't see how it could possibly be colder than Icecrown Glacier.
    Don't forget that 80% of the zone is covered in a snowy, icy tundra. I see it kind of like how a few underwater volcanoes doesn't keep the whole ocean from being cold. Also, I'm no geographist or meteorologist, but i dont think the temperature in a zone necessarily dictates the atmosphere's temperature above a zone. Although I guess that depends on how high up we're all talking about in the first place.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-04-05 at 03:21 PM.

It's probably just too hostile an environtment to expose ourselves by roaming the skies. The iron horde has artillery and some of those lines point us out as monsters that will bring ruin to the planet. I think not flying is a strategic decision. Draenor can't be freezing everywhere. Plus if those flight point mounts are common enough a site, it wouldn't cause any one on the ground to bat an eye at one crossing over.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    It's probably just too hostile an environtment to expose ourselves by roaming the skies. The iron horde has artillery and some of those lines point us out as monsters that will bring ruin to the planet. I think not flying is a strategic decision. Draenor can't be freezing everywhere. Plus if those flight point mounts are common enough a site, it wouldn't cause any one on the ground to bat an eye at one crossing over.
    I've seen the current list of flight points. There aren't that many.

No, we own ones native to Outlands, not Draenor
    Dread Raven and the Iron Horde thingy.

Plus, it's not like flying is only restricted in Frostfire and the alliance won't even go there for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    (1) The doom that is coming will destroy us all. These outsiders will bring a wave of fire and death down upon us if the orcs do not act as one to destroy them first.
    (1) Because I have witnessed it! Every night! Every night for many months now. My dreams become nightmares, and in those nightmares I watch helplessly as the land corrupts beneath our feet and the sky is turned to fire.
    (1) Say what you will, but this is the doom that is coming. And it is these creatures from beyond the portal that will bring it.

''cough'' ''cough''
    O.o Burning Legion actually confirmed basically? Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    O.o Burning Legion actually confirmed basically? Sweet.
    No. That's us.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No. That's us.
    No the person talking is blaming us for the attack of the legion, i think.

Label it spoiler please?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic