Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I overall agree with you. I only wanted it because it seems like a fun thing. Specially as how we play it now with constantly shape shifting in pvp. Think we get too much selfhealing from the patch notes. Looks like we should be able to just run away when we want to reset the fight healthwise from our side, can cast our stronger rejuv, when we wait for energy anyway, and can powershift if we want more health.
    I just think they nerf the shift-heal again. Don't really see how they would change the shifting itself, except making it more mana expensive.
    I might be wrong about how strong the healing is though, considered they will try to balance health/damage differently.

Well, I'm a little less worried that they will touch our shifting seeing as Cyous found out it's most likely Balance/Resto only. Even so it seems like too strong a mechanic. Hunters seem to be getting a 5% hp / sec healed while in Camo, and a buff to camo where it doesn't break on combat which seems odd. Wonder what blizzard is up to.

So completely off-topic but it actually took me like 3 minutes to realize the DR most of you are referring to is "damage reduction" rather than "Diminishing-returns", so a lot of the conversation I read in my head I was like "Uhmm.... what? Did I miss something?"

I blame the lack of sleep and the 13 hour shift I just got done with.

Now back to your regularly scheduled theorycrafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Travel Form one is soo overdue but yet I welcome it! I am so excited!!!

Sorry, Kals. I should have clarified that!

I'm curious about what they have planned for resto PvE glyphs. None of the new ones are relevant, but Glyph of Efflorescence, Glyph of Innervate and Glyph of Rejuvenation are going to have to be completely remade due to other changes (making Nourish faster when you have Rejuv on three targets is kind of pointless when Nourish is being removed). Hopefully we'll get some more interesting choices than in MoP, as pretty much everyone is currently running Efflorescence + Wild Growth + Regrowth.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I've tweeted Celestalon about why is combat disabling the whole Travel form, rather than just the glyph itself but he hasn't responded...

Disabling the whole form is stupid in my eyes because running is our only option to drop combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I've tweeted Celestalon about why is combat disabling the whole Travel form, rather than just the glyph itself but he hasn't responded...

Disabling the whole form is stupid in my eyes because running is our only option to drop combat.
    Yes, ideally it would just do a check and if you're in combat will use 40% travel form, instant - if you're out of combat, 100% travel form with cast time. As it is, I won't be glyphing this because pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Yes, ideally it would just do a check and if you're in combat will use 40% travel form, instant - if you're out of combat, 100% travel form with cast time. As it is, I won't be glyphing this because pvp.
    I might read it wrong, but i read the part with "Glyph of Travel - Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat. This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.", as that the glyph plainly is disabled there, so you still have normal travel form in bgs/arena.
    Then you can somewhat wonder why they think it's unfair that druids have full mount speed, while rogues have the same in stealth(No i don't think we should have it and i think it should be removed from rogues)
    Overall it seems more like a fun glyph, that gives you instant ground mount outside of bgs/arena. I supose it's a minor glyph. Nobody would ever use it if it's a major one, that is disabled where you would want to use it the most.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I'd like to think I prefer the option of going travel in combat for world pvp, which I do a decent amount of. However, it maybe moot considering our dash & st roar are enough to get away. Plus there's also nitro boosts + glider

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I'd like to think I prefer the option of going travel in combat for world pvp, which I do a decent amount of. However, it maybe moot considering our dash & st roar are enough to get away. Plus there's also nitro boosts + glider
    Also swiftness potion that stacks with nitro boost/dash(asume roar too but never used it with that), and just have one mins cd on it ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Also swiftness potion that stacks with nitro boost/dash(asume roar too but never used it with that), and just have one mins cd on it ^^
    that is not how temporary speed boosts will work in wod. The highest speed boost active will be your top speed. If you use multiple at once you will not lose any of those buffs but you will only go as fast as the highest speed boost. In this case probably nitro boosts unless it's nerfed.

It seems like everyone is missing the two main uses of the Glyph of Travel: herbalism and mining. Being able to gather while "mounted" will make druids the fastest gatherers in non-flyable zones (i.e. all of Draenor until at least 6.1). Because being the fastest gatherers in flyable zones clearly wasn't good enough.

Since you can carry another player and insta-mount, you can even use it to carry a person with whichever gathering profession you don't have.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It seems that Ursol's Defense is non-Guardian, to bring bear form armor on up for non-guardians.
    oh great, i was afraid that glypth was gonig tobe mandatory for bears

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It seems like everyone is missing the two main uses of the Glyph of Travel: herbalism and mining. Being able to gather while "mounted" will make druids the fastest gatherers in non-flyable zones (i.e. all of Draenor until at least 6.1). Because being the fastest gatherers in flyable zones clearly wasn't good enough.

Since you can carry another player and insta-mount, you can even use it to carry a person with whichever gathering profession you don't have.
    druid taxi service incomming
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Really? How much distance does it take for paladins or death knights to outpace that 1.5 second advantage?

277.2 yards if the guild perk applies to glyphed travel form, or 126 yards if it doesn't.

Glyphs are become-ing the old talent system.

Some are like 5/5 talents (increase damage done by maim by 20/40/60/80/100%.

Some act as the 11/21/31/41 point talents

And some act as the original glyph system, modifying a spell at a cost based on playstyle.

OT: Nice to see moonkin get some glyph love. Not nice to see mandatory feral pvp glyphs. 5% health per shapeshift....better have an internal cd

I doubt enchanted bark stays as is. It'd be too powerful.

Completely slipped my mind. Unfortunately my druid doesn't have gathering, but this sounds pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I doubt enchanted bark stays as is. It'd be too powerful.
    It's on par with Fade. (10sec duration, 60sec CD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    It's on par with Fade. (10sec duration, 60sec CD)

Yep. Also don't locks already have silence/interrupt immunity with Unending Resolves - and Shaman have it tacked on to SWG via set bonus or something, right?