Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest data mined new glyphs

"glyph of shadow magic - for $159630d after activating fade, you are immune to silence and interrupt effects, but the cooldown of fade is increased by ${$m1/1000} sec."
    by all that is holy i love this.

"glyph of restored faith - leap of faith pulls you to your target instead of pulling your target to you."
    "glyph of silence - reduces the cooldown on your silence spell by ${$m1/-1000} sec, but also reduces its duration by ${$m2/-1000} sec."
    "glyph of free action - while dispersion is active, you move $s1% faster."
    "glyph of delayed coalescence - dispersion lasts ${$m1/1000} sec longer, but when it has ${$m1/1000-1} sec remaining, its damage reduction reduces by $s2% per sec."
    "glyph of guardian spirit - guardian spirit increases healing on the target by an additional $s1%, but no longer prevents the target's death."
    "glyph of miraculous dispelling - reduces the mana cost of mass dispel by $s1%."
    "glyph of the inquisitor - your holy fire deals $s1% additional initial damage, but $s2% of that damage is also dealt back to you."
    "glyph of the redeemer - all your healing is increased by $s1% while spirit of redemption is active."

Deleted
    Yeah that glyph looks cool the top one something that is needed ingame right now v melee

There is a lot of good in this list for sure. The reduced cd on silence, lifegrip being reversed, and the kick immunity are the best. I am waiting on specific numbers and not place holders to judge the delayed coalescence.

I want to know how I turn OFF the glyph of Guardian Spirit. After all, it's been active for the last 3 expansions. To me, this glyph sounds like a cop-out; instead of actually solving the problem they just let us decide that we like this bug and want it to be more reliably triggered. For the cost of a glyph slot. What.

Glyph of the Inquisitor is kinda cool.

Glyph of Restored Faith looks very fun. I'm imagining a horde of leapfrogging priests here! Not quite sure if I want it in the game though.

Glyph of the Redeemer... I didn't like improved death when it was a talent. It's far more palatable when it is a baseline ability. This turns it back into the talent era. Blizzard really really wants me to be better at dying, don't they? Maybe if it said "When you die you explode in a nuclear detonation killing everyone and everything in your current zone. All loot will be disintegrated in the process. Does not work in raids and battlegrounds." At least then I would be really good at dying!

No real opinion of the rest of the abilities. But overall I'm glad to finally see some holy-oriented glyphs. I'm less glad about them being pretty crappy.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Glyph of shadow magic seems out of place. In balance with all the nerfs to cc. Not saying I don't like it ofc.
    Also does not specify for shadow only. So disc can double dib?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Restored faith will be very interesting in arenas
    While a fun spell, I myself can't see anyone serious taking this glyph. Gripping someone to you in general saves way more lives then you jumping to them. Even as a shadowpriest I question the use of this glyph.

All in all looks really cool though.

Im really surprised by these glyphs <3
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    While a fun spell, I myself can't see anyone serious taking this glyph. Gripping someone to you in general saves way more lives then you jumping to them. Even as a shadowpriest I question the use of this glyph.
    And now you can save your own life when you know you'll be the person getting trained the whole game by gripping yourself to your healer. It won't be used all the time, but gives you more versatility.

Comparing to most of the useless glyphs we have right now these seems fun.

Deleted
    As much as I like saving the one guy from certain death, I think I will probably be using the reverse-glyph for PvE. On paper it seems to be such an awesome tool!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "glyph of shadow magic - for $159630d after activating fade, you are immune to silence and interrupt effects, but the cooldown of fade is increased by ${$m1/1000} sec."

Great for SP, bad glyph design IMO, this should just be baseline for SP's as if the glyph goes live it will basically become a mandatory glyph for pvp with how badly interupt/silence locks down orb generation. That being said it will have great synergy with COP talent and insanity.

Also would be OP for healers.........makes me think that fade will be becoming a shadow only ability, which makes sense tbh.
    Last edited by villie; 2014-04-05 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    On wowhead the glyph of shadow magic is for disc/holy :s
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=159628

Woah, nice glyphs. Hope that'll go live.

Special thanks to reverse-leap glyph, wanted that badly since leap first appeared in the game.

Deleted
    I wonder what will happen if two priests try and reverse-leap each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I want to know how I turn OFF the glyph of Guardian Spirit. After all, it's been active for the last 3 expansions. To me, this glyph sounds like a cop-out; instead of actually solving the problem they just let us decide that we like this bug and want it to be more reliably triggered. For the cost of a glyph slot. What.
    Server latency is a fact of life, and not much can be done about that "bug". To "turn off the glyph" as it will, you need to cast it with more than a GCD before the tank dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Woah, nice glyphs. Hope that'll go live.

Special thanks to reverse-leap glyph, wanted that badly since leap first appeared in the game.
    Right? It's almost like it's an actual leap now.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyonic Picnic View Post
    I wonder what will happen if two priests try and reverse-leap each other.
    Reverse leaping is just as dangerous as crossing Mind Flay beams with another spriest.

On-topic: Priest intervene? Sign me up.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Server latency is a fact of life, and not much can be done about that "bug". To "turn off the glyph" as it will, you need to cast it with more than a GCD before the tank dies.
    I don't think it's latency really, happens with Angelic Bulwark alot too, had it apply the buff but not actually absorb any damage if it came quickly after (0.4 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    I don't think it's latency really, happens with Angelic Bulwark alot too, had it apply the buff but not actually absorb any damage if it came quickly after (0.4 seconds)
    Client recognizes you have passed the threshold.
    Client provides buff, starts to inform server of buff.
    Server's already en route damage has already been calculated and fired off, zero interaction with buff.
    Damage ticks over despite buff being on your combat log already.
    *pause an additional half second or w/e it is for you*
    Damage coming from the server has been calculated on the server to use Angelic Bulwark's absorb, and is treated as such.

It's the nature of how the game handles cloent/server interaction. Guardian Spirit operates exactly the same under these rules. It's why you cast it on someone, it shows up in their combat log, they die, then it supposedly fires a heal off on their already dead corpse. It's Client-Server latency, and needs to be accounted for.

Dev's have been repeating this ad nauseum since ToC. They spelled it out that this is exactly how it works for Guardian Spirit. Angelic Bulwark plays by the same rules, built on the same system, so it should come as zero surprise that it operates identically.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2014-04-05 at 01:05 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Glyph of Silence - Reduces the cooldown on your Silence spell by 25 sec, but also reduces its duration by 2 sec.
    About time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Glyph of shadow magic seems out of place. In balance with all the nerfs to cc. Not saying I don't like it ofc.
    Also does not specify for shadow only. So disc can double dib?
    Interrupts have not been nerfed. Just the prevalence of silence effects. Shadow is not the most mobile of specs and is expected to tank damage a lot, so this is a good change. It's similar to the talent Warlocks got, but you can't be expected to be a cloth tank and then not be given the tools to deal with interrupts. If you notice, Moonkins are getting a similar ability. The common thread for all these specs is that, unlike mages, their mobility is limited and they are expected to tank damage, which means being in melee range more often. Couple this with the sheer amount of interrupts now out there, and it's a necessary change.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-04-05 at 03:36 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Yeah it seems the glyph of shadow magic is healer only. Same with the druid barkskin version. Odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Restored Faith: I'm pretty sure I've dreamed about this every night. Now I can die happy.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US