Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Japan orders military to strike any new North Korea missile launches

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-orders-m...9TaTQAkX_QtDMD

Japan has ordered a destroyer in the Sea of Japan to strike any ballistic missiles that may be launched by North Korea in the coming weeks after Pyongyang fired a Rodong medium-range missile over the sea, a government source said on Saturday.

Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera issued the order on Thursday, but did not make it public in order to avoid putting a chill on renewed talks between Tokyo and Pyongyang, the first in more than a year, local media reported earlier.

"The defense minister made the order from April 3rd through to the 25th to prepare for any additional missile launches," the source said.

Onodera, the source said, did not deploy Patriot missile batteries that would be the last line of defense against incoming warheads.

Media reports said the North Korean-Japanese talks in Beijing this week broke no new ground, but ended with an agreement for further meetings.

The firing of the Rodong coincided with a meeting in The Hague between U.S. President Barack Obama and the leaders of South Korea and Japan and followed a series of short-range rocket launches.

The launch appeared to be a show of defiance by North Korea.

The missile fell into the sea after flying 650 km (400 miles), short of a maximum range thought to be some 1,300 km.

Japanese Aegis destroyers in the Sea of Japan are equipped with advanced radar equipment able to track multiple targets and carry missiles designed to take out targets at the edge of space.

Ruh roh, will Dear Leader let this stand?

They should, its obvious America no longer can protect them.

Not only that but if you have a missile defense system, shouldn't it be really tested?.

What an interesting development. Makes me feel a little more secure, actually.

Good, its about time we started shooting down those rickety rockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.
    Truer words have never been said.

Can't we do both?

Why not both?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Can't we do both?
    you slippery son of a bitch
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Why not both?!

- - - Updated - - -

you slippery son of a bitch
    The more important question is which you do first.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the money....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

same answer.

You know Nobunaga would have been all over that shit.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-04-05 at 07:08 AM.

Holy christ, what an epic quote this would make for my signature, sadly, it's full!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I decided to check the MMO-C forums before passing out for the night. Fucking great line.

OT: It'll make me happy to see Japan flex some muscle back @ NK.

I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Japan. Motherfuckers got Gundams.

Wow this is actually great to hear

The sleeping dragon may actually be japan, thats a warrior country, you don't keep poking the dog through the fence.

I'll pray for best Korea victory tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Holy christ, what an epic quote this would make for my signature, sadly, it's full!
    Don't worry, I got your back and made it my sig >.>. That line was pretty epic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The sleeping dragon may actually be japan, thats a warrior country, you don't keep poking the dog through the fence.
    A warrior country? Hahah! Oh that's funny!
    They're weak and have no power unless it's given to them. On their own, Japan is nothing. Wanna talk about warrior countries? Look at half of Europe, who's been doing war not with themselves like the constant infighting in Japan prior to the 1900's, but with other countries for a millenia.
    Stop this romanticizing rubbish about Japan and their vastly overrated history.

15+ Year Old Account
    why one thing first? make a used schoolgirl panties mask combined with your samurai armor, done
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.