Another Explanation For the Simplification

Blizzard is prepping for a console version of WoW. Console version needs to be fairly simple and straightforward with fewer buttons to push. They already did it with D3.

They see the handwriting on the wall. The younger generation of gamers will not own computers for the most part. They will have a cellphone and then maybe a tablet and maybe a PS4/XBox1. If you want to continue to sell mass market games in the next few years you will have to transition to the console and/or the tablet.

Or it could just be that half our screen was covered with buttons that we almost never used? And there were a many buttons that you simply lined up and used all at the same time?

Why does everyone need a conspiracy theory when the announced reason makes perfect sense.

If console WoW is fun and adds another decade to the life of the game, sounds good to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no way console gamers, with next-gen consoles just released, would ever accept anything close to WoW graphics, and the gameplay is really far off popular console games as well.

There's been several big problems with so many abilities, like UI space, keybinds, and accessibility for new players. Having CDs that stack is pointless. Having unused abilities(Blood strike, Primal Strike?) is pointless.

Sure, there's some things I cannot understand why they're removing, but I can't deny that WoW really did need this.

You think gaming is going TOWARDS consoles?? Are you naive or just stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Has anybody ever told you that it's possible to disagree without acting like an angry asshat?

It's certainly going towards consoles more than it's going towards computers.

You obviously have no fucking clue what Blizzard advertised WOW as being back in 2002 and 2003, it was DESIGNED to simplify MMORPGS from the start.
    You have no idea what Blizzard's design philosophy is it seems, and you're actually seeing degradation as you're really just waking up to reality.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Somebody has to kick you in the Face.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually makes sense. They are worried about ESO cornering the console market.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    I don't think he is the naive one here....

Then Blizz has to cut way more abilities, like 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    This actually makes sense. They are worried about ESO cornering the console market.

I don't think he is the naive one here....
    I wish ESO all the luck in the world, but lets see how good the game performs in the coming months. I'm glad WoW isn't made for consoles, because that would mean a lot of gameplay elements would have to be removed.

Blizzard is removing a lot of our abilities, because we're running out of keys to bind them to.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

10+ Year Old Account
    Before: Omg blizzard stop the cd stacking! One shot macros take no skill!

Omg blizzard there is too much cc! I can't even control my toon the majority of the fight!

After: Omg blizzard you're dumbing down the game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Before: Omg blizzard stop the cd stacking! One shot macros take no skill!

Omg blizzard there is too much cc! I can't even control my toon the majority of the fight!

After: Omg blizzard you're dumbing down the game!
    Stop it. This shit is almost 10 years old. The internet is more than one person. Disagreeing with someone is not the same as changing your mind, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Blizzard is prepping for a console version of WoW. Console version needs to be fairly simple and straightforward with fewer buttons to push. They already did it with D3.

They see the handwriting on the wall. The younger generation of gamers will not own computers for the most part. They will have a cellphone and then maybe a tablet and maybe a PS4/XBox1. If you want to continue to sell mass market games in the next few years you will have to transition to the console and/or the tablet.
    Considering that the consul game market has been falling behind the PC game market the last couple of years, I kind of doubt that, also more people own computers now than consuls. Back 10 years ago I might have agreed, but now when the next gen Consuls are no where near as good as a Laptop from ASUS you have to consider that the Consuls lost the gamer war.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/tech/g...e-gaming-dead/
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...st-explains-17
    http://www.examiner.com/article/are-...-a-dying-breed

10+ Year Old Account
    wow has more keybinds than any controller could handle. not even including rotational abilities.